Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Gameplay? I watched Brute stream his playthrough. Lots of pop ups saying press this, press that. I liked it when he hooked the guy from behind, great takedown. It also has lots of talking and button mashing with flailing swords. I assume it was button mashing, could have been keyboard mashing, hard to tell these days. He quit after around fifteen minutes. If brute thinks it sucks (and he likes almost everything, or plays everything, not sure which) then it probably sucks.

Morkar Left

If he likes everything he's a popamoler which means if he dislikes a game chances are getting higher I might like it.

So far I've seen from the vid that the game seems a bit rough on the edges with graphical glitches and lack of polishing. And it's arcade style. And it seems to be always midnight?.
Despite that there's a skill screen, you get xp, can loot and ship combat seems to have wind directions and different ammo types. It seems you can have different ship models as well. The dialogues seem ok, too.
So far the game seems decent for me if you're into pirates. But it's really hard to say if there's nobody who actually played the game giving some insights about gameplay, combat and skills and how much freedom you have (trading, pillaging, boarding, free exploration / free areas to travel etc.).

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Lol. Delayed countless times and still unpolished shit.

Maybe I'll pirate it anyway just to see for myself.

Garryydde

Arcane
Patron
Douchebag! Repressed Homosexual
All I want from a pirate game is Assassin's Creed IV without all the Ass Creed shit and not made by Ubisoft. Is that too hard?

Darkzone

Arcane
If they invest another year in this game, perhaps then it will be playable. I mean it doesn't look totally broken, just unfinished.

I think this was fucking hilarious:
- Can you pass time by sleeping in inns?
- no. the game is not time factor based. But you can f**k in the brothel if you have to much free time.

Morkar Left

Can somebody please explain to me why they think the game isn't good? With having played the game and actual arguments and such...

Perkel

Arcane
yeah i also want to hear why it is bad.

because teh muh graphics is banal shit considering it is used on codex

got risen 2 after some good opinions about r1 and got rekt.

Darkzone

Arcane
The game has been in "development" for 6 years. It was never going to be good.
Yes but just around 1 year by this studio. Perhaps another year would be sufficient. Currently the bugs are killing it. And opinions of papamoles that the naval battles are complicated and difficult, is not a sign of bad game, but the sign that this people are not using their brain in the right manner.

Trip81

Novice
Can somebody please explain to me why they think the game isn't good? With having played the game and actual arguments and such...
yep i would love that too. doesnt see anything thaaaat bad.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Really, guys? I mean, this video
pretty much shows that the game is really, really bad.
Ok, much of the stuff could be improved with heavy amount of bugfixing and polishing. But that would certainly require more time than 4 days. A lot more time.
Edit:
A3798CBB984889CCCF5A759BB4449BD86453DEF4
Holy fuck, is this your native resolution? New iMac?

Last edited:

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The dialog and voice acting alone in that video is enough to make my dick shrivel.

"Hold the door, there's more of them coming."
/unnatural pause
"gaddd it"

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
You would be also have some delay after heavily thinking: "does he really wants me to do all this work while he's holding the door?"
This is normally request that's called situation is completely fucked up.

Also can you post your own thought instead of posting video, or at least say proper time in the video where is the problem?

pippin

What were you guys expecting? It's Topware. Two World is probably the best they can do, and it shouldn't be surprising if this game ends up being shovelware.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Really, guys? I mean, this video
pretty much shows that the game is really, really bad.

I am still not convinced. Dude plays it like a Saints Row game. If you play Gothic 2 this way you can show it to be complete shit too.
Even if you take that into account and assume that combat and controls are fine (which I doubt) - that still doesn't explain the horrible dialogue and voiceovers, the dumb-as-shit AI, the abyssmal UI. If that doesn't bother you, then there seems to be nothing wrong with the game, indeed. You're easily amused after all, I guess.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
That voice acting is appalling, it's so boring, stilted and uninspired, and you can tell straight away there's been no rehearsal, that they're reading it for the first time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom