Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

Perkel

Arcane
Eh, Two worlds 2 modded is kinda good, may liberate this from a bundle someday.

there are mods to TW2 ?

O.o

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Two Worlds 2 - Worldmerge said:
Worldmerge combines the Two World 2 main campaign, the eleven multiplayer adventure maps and the whole Pirates of Flying Fortress Expansion into one coherent, newly balanced singleplayer gameworld. The experience curve as well as the levels of the monsters have been adjusted accordingly - reach lvl 65+ and still find challenging adventures. Worldmerge ties everything together with a very long new questline sending you all around the world of Antaloor, even to the most hidden corners. You will find three new difficulty levels (Novice, Expert and Master) with various tweaks and enhancements, each for a female or male player character, that bring a lot of extra challenge.

Furthermore over 130 new handplaced encounters with uniquely named (Mini-)Bosses and their companions are added. They guard well hidden new treasures in the guise of potions that permanently increase parameters and grant skill points. The skill system has been revised significantly: higher level skills cost more skill points, a special, rather sinister “teacher” has to be paid in order to reach the really high skills levels and lots of skills, especially from the thieving arts, have additional skill effects now: Find extra loot with pick pockets, assassinate mid combat when attacking stunned enemies, especially with daggers, sneaky dodge attacks or disarm trap protected chests. Your enemies have learned new tricks, too: They refresh their health upon retreat, can take a last stand when severely wounded that regenerates their hitpoints in combat, have higher chances to resist crowd control effects and might even teleport to your position in a surprise attack. Combat is more refined as special attacks cost stamina now (a heartbeat sound will warn you of low stamina) and only timed blocking allows you to recover stamina fast enough. Also, there is no more hp regeneration of the hero in combat.

http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=33839

saeci

Arcane
Topware CEO(Dirk P. Hassinger) loses it in steam forums, starts threatening to sue for defamation some random steam user. Didn't read the whole thread but this pretty funny.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/281130/discussions/0/620703493334058649/#p5

End result:
The gaming sites will receive copies when the game is ready. And when the game is ready it will be released. I am in the gaming industry since 35 years and I do not need advice.

Once again - what you do is a crime. You defame us and you defame our products - and even worse - you defame our customers. This harms our business - and if you do not stop this, I will make you liable.

I do not know, if you are a kid and do not know what you are doing or whatever makes you believe your behavior is acceptable. What you do is far away from posting your opinion about something.

Probably you should read this definition (from Wikipedia):

Defamation—also calumny, vilification, and traducement—is the communication of a false statement that harms the reputation of an individual person, business, product, group, government, religion, or nation. Most jurisdictions allow legal action to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism. It is usually regarded as irrational unprovoked criticism which has little or no factual basis and can be compared to hate speech, which can also be taken to encompass discrimination against a particular organisation, individual, nation, corporation or other political, social, cultural or commercial entity which has often but not always been entrenched in the practitioner by old prejudices and xenophobia.

Under common law, to constitute defamation, a claim must generally be false and have been made to someone other than the person defamed.[1] Some common law jurisdictions also distinguish between spoken defamation, called slander, and defamation in other media such as printed words or images, called libel.[2]

False light laws protect against statements which are not technically false but misleading.[3]

In some civil law jurisdictions, defamation is treated as a crime rather than a civil wrong.[4] The United Nations Commission on Human Rights ruled in 2012 that the criminalization of libel violates freedom of expression and is inconsistent with Article 19 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.[5]

I hope you understand now what I mean.

Trip81

Novice
This is very emberrasing. Not only for the develepor but also for the customer/community. We have a new witch it is called ravens cry. Burn her!!! I don't mind people dont't liking a game but always the effort behind it is so emberassing and pulling down all of us. Keep going guys. Kerp spitting on every game and dont forget to make sure enough people see you spitting.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Maybe if they had made a finished product there would be less "spitting". I mean that's not too much to ask for right? Your game can be shit, but at least deal with the obvious bugs before releasing it. Trying to blame someone for defamation :lol::lol:, you're the one that lied to customers and sold a product that barely works.

Darkzone

Arcane
Maybe if they had made a finished product there would be less "spitting". I mean that's not too much to ask for right? Your game can be shit, but at least deal with the obvious bugs before releasing it. Trying to blame someone for defamation :lol::lol:, you're the one that lied to customers and sold a product that barely works.
I ask myself why they did released it in this state? Why they did not took another 2-3 months development time for this game?

Trip81

Novice

I would "accept" your answer if not every 2 weeks a new game was selected as witch. But this is now a constant stream of hating that goes on and on. After all the watchdogs hate i thought jesus this game must be satan himself. And no it wasn't. It wasn't great but it was fun. After all the dragon age inqusition hate i was laughing after i played it because it was a masterpiece in my eyes. After all the the evil within hate i was wondering because the game was nice. Not great but nice. It was fun. Just simple as that. And the list goes on and on and on. Ravens cry isn' the first game that get this treatment.and sadly it wont be the last.

And one of the mist loved games in this forum (jagged alliance 2) was an unplayable bugfest. Have you forgotten?

Last edited:

Trip81

Novice
Bro, you type worse than me.
Jeah because english isn't my native language. Im german and i am doing my best. If peole don't like it in this forum i have no problem to leave.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you release a bugged mess and charge over 50€ for it, you better be prepared for some angry customers. Threaten to sue them doesn't help either.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
^That developer post up there is from before the game's release.

Anyway, relax, this thread doesn't officially begin until Roxor has played the game. Or somebody who isn't Bruticis, at least. +M

Trip81

Novice
If you release a bugged mess and charge over 50€ for it, you better be prepared for some angry customers. Threaten to sue them doesn't help either.
It's not easy ad that you know that. Yes you are right a buggy game should receive punishment but all the haters are in there holes just waiting for an oppurtunity to attack a game or a developer, all the hate ubisoft got last year wasn't even nearly justified.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^That developer post up there is from before the game's release.

Anyway, relax, this thread doesn't officially begin until Roxor has played the game. Or somebody who isn't Bruticis, at least. +M
Why? Bruticis would know a shit game, he played his fair share of them. And if he even he says the game is bad...

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
It's not easy ad that you know that. Yes you are right a buggy game should receive punishment but all the haters are in there holes just waiting for an oppurtunity to attack a game or a developer, all the hate ubisoft got last year wasn't even nearly justified.

The thing is though, that until there is an 'authority' to make sure fans and customer don't get the shaft by taking shit devs and publishers to task for the mess of their releases, this is the only re-dress, nice or not, that people have.

Bottom line.. if you don't want shat on devs, release your games in a playable state and provide gameplay equal to the money being charged, you can't blame people for going berserk when they are led by the dick for months, then finally receive a bag of nuts and bolts for their trouble and that trouble is usually a pre-order (which although stupid to do this, money has still changed hands.)

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
now steam forums might be a different story, but i don't think here are too many "haters in the holes" but people that are genuinely interested in playing a good pirate rpg after risen 2(which was meh-ish) or AC:BF (which was, well, an AC game). Now that it is evident that Raven's Cry won't scratch this particular itch, these guys are rather disappointed (me included, and unlike most around here i had hope until today). And as said, releasing the game in this state and charging full price is downright offensive.
Also I don't know your standards when you claim DA:I is a masterpiece and the Evil Within is good, to each his own I guess. But coming to Ubisofts defense? Seriously? Have you ever played a game requirin Uplay?

Btw since everyone trashtalks TW2, can someone point me to the according codex thread? All I can find here are links to other site's 8/10, 9/10 reviews. Game is lying around in my library for quite a while and I really would like to know why I shouldn't play it.

Last edited:

Trip81

Novice

The thing is though, that until there is an 'authority' to make sure fans and customer don't get the shaft by taking shit devs and publishers to task for the mess of their releases, this is the only re-dress, nice or not, that people have.

Bottom line.. if you don't want shat on devs, release your games in a playable state and provide gameplay equal to the money being charged, you can't blame people for going berserk when they are led by the dick for months, then finally receive a bag of nuts and bolts for their trouble and that trouble is usually a pre-order (which although stupid to do this, money has still changed hands.)
I don't blame people for going berserk on ravens cry i blame people for going so many times berserk on so many other games befor ravens cry. All thr possibility to tell you oppurtinity about a game becomes more and more worthless. Because of all the shitstorms and what not i can't differ any more. I never looked on metacritics or something like that i always looked on userratings or user opinions. But nowadays? I give a crap about other opinions every day and every shitstorm a little bit more. Its sad and it shouldn't be like that. Foor example look at this thread have you read just one post about whats bad in the gameplay? I haven't.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.

I don't blame people for going berserk on ravens cry i blame people for going so many times berserk on so many other games befor ravens cry. All thr possibility to tell you oppurtinity about a game becomes more and more worthless. Because of all the shitstorms and what not i can't differ any more. I never looked on metacritics or something like that i always looked on userratings or user opinions. But nowadays? I give a crap about other opinions every day and every shitstorm a little bit more. Its sad and it shouldn't be like that. Foor example look at this thread have you read just one post about whats bad in the gameplay? I haven't.
Well some of us have watched gameplay videos and that's why we are saying it's shit. I don't really understand your argument anyway, it's bad that people share their opinions on games? Everyone should just buy everything blind and hope for the best? As for shit storms, they only happen for shit games, for the most part with unanimous codex hatred. You want to read about how all games are good games and where people praise how amazing everything is? The codex probably isn't the right place for that, though there are little pockets of love here and there.... those are however limited to actual good games not crap designed to steal your money.

Trip81

Novice
now steam forums might be a different story, but i don't think here are too many "haters in the holes" but people that are genuinely interested in playing a good pirate rpg after risen 2(which was meh-ish) or AC:BF (which was, well, an AC game). Now that it is evident that Raven's Cry won't scratch this particular itch, these guys are rather disappointed (me included, and unlike most around here i had hope until today). And as said, releasing the game in this state and charging full price is downright offensive.
Also I don't know your standards when you claim DA:I is a masterpiece and the Evil Within is good, to each his own I guess. But coming to Ubisofts defense? Seriously? Have you ever played a game requirin Uplay?

Btw since everyone trashtalks TW2, can someone point me to the according codex thread? All I can find here are links to other site's 8/10, 9/10 reviews. Game is lying around in my library for quite a while and I really would like to know why I shouldn't play it.

My standarts? And why i find dragon inquisition is a masterpiece? Its simple. First of all in all my gaming years i never played even one game whith that many content with this graphics and so much love to detail in one game. Maybe the witcher will top that but till may da:i is pn rang 1 without even some compitition that comes close.

The characters are well designed like on all bioware games. If you dont think so please show me some other rpgs with better charackters.
The combat and gameplay at least on the hardest difficulty which i played is very good. Itd not dragons dogma great but its very good.Bugs? I haven't met even one bug in nearly 100 hours. I cant think of even one rpg game who lasted this long and where i havent found a bug.
Music and sound are absolut top notch like in all bioware games.

And @thr ubisoft part. I play the most of my games on consoles. I only play pc exclusives on pc. And on until now i never had a problem with uplay ob consoles. And i love some of their games. Rayman is great. Farcry 4 is great watchdogs is a good game. Assaasins creed hm its like smoking its not good for you but you cant stop :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom