Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rebound: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth remake

Gozma

Arcane
Finally played it after getting it a while back.

Seems p. much the same. I was completely correct about the low res bitmap "pixelized" art ruining a lot (look at the tiny details in expressions on Isaac's vector art faces in the original game and compare it to this one, for example) and it's an obvious shitty retrofit that didn't bother to do stuff like not scale bitmap sprites, so you often see shit like tears getting very blurry looking when overscaled and nothing matches the pixel sizes of new Nicalis pixel art things like the rocks. As I understand it the portable console systems they made the change for have terribly broken ports anyway so it was for nothing.

The graphics stuff they did add like lighting and better framerate is welcome at least.

It seems like I get the full Guppy set like every fucking game for some reason. Maybe because I haven't unlocked enough shit to dilute the item pool? The challenge rooms with three red chests?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Difficulty ramps up retroactively after you start unlocking Sheol and The Cathedral, plus you'll always have hard mode.

But yes, AFAIK it's not difficult to game devil deals and challenge rooms to end up with full guppy.

Palikka

Arcane
October 30th baby!
Afterbirth is a mega DLC for the binding of isaac: rebirth, that adds another 100+ hours to the game alongside an amazing number of extra features.
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
- a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
- a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
- a greatly expanded soundtrack!
- new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
- a greatly expanded and updated hud system
- tons of new secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- updated item combo system
- far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies

and some footage of the new greed mode

Last edited:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Hand already in pants with this. I only got as far as golden god, but I wouldn't mind putting time on more content.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Goddamnit, I always keep Halloween open for my annual VtMB replay.
Seems like I'll be breaking that tradition...

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well this is certainly a less rage-inducing excuse for why development on his new game is trending towards vapourware than the stupid meatboy port onto mobile.

I'm curious what the new final^8 boss is going to be like. Current final boss fight is pretty fucking brutal.

grimace

Arcane
October 30th baby!

and some footage of the new greed mode

I'm looking forward to playing Afterbirth.

I did not play Rebirth much since I had shamefully played the flash version extensively.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I like it, it's good fun.

5f41634faef46888d41761b661054696.png

Yeah, I unlocked !Platinum God! -after- True Platinum God. (They unlocked at the same time.)

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
My God stop merging threads you fuckstains. How retarded are you? A new DLC is coming out, it's reasonable to bump the News post. My fucking God, why are you mods if you don't even know the games you're supposed to know about?

Divicus

Learned
New enemies and bosses. Most of them seem to be re-hashes from the existing ones in rebirth. The new items and synergies are lots of fun though.

Murk

Arcane
game is getting more ridiculous and fun

hush is p dope

Mozg

Arcane
Pretty cool to wing a chaos card into Hush and watch his trillion hitpoints vanish instantly.

I like Edmund's meta self-deprecation of greed mode. Also greed mode is pretty fun and makes me not really feel like playing the normal game.

Last edited:

grimace

Arcane
Pretty cool to wing a chaos card into Hush and watch his trillion hitpoints vanish instantly.

I like Edmund's meta self-deprecation of greed mode. Also greed mode is pretty fun and makes me not really feel like playing the normal game.

Explain this "Greed Mode".

Mozg

Arcane
It's a new game mode in Afterbirth. Easier to see a video of it [Northernlion warning]:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
This is pretty cool though.
Mode seems too easily broken imo. Sample:

Sw2QIWx.png

(Those are all shielded piercing bullets, and that was from dropping a single bomb.)

Not sure why the game throws up the pause menu whenever I hit print screen, annoying. Only does it in the screenshot too, doesn't actually pause.

Mozg

Arcane
I actually hate hush. Fucking HP bloated bullet hell boss that summons a billion enemies to help him.

Can you get into the blue womb loot rooms and then skip hush somehow? Obviously it's gonna get old faster and harder than rebirth boss rush did.

Shovel I guess?

grimace

Arcane
Not sure why the game throws up the pause menu whenever I hit print screen, annoying. Only does it in the screenshot too, doesn't actually pause.

Prt Scrn is different from pause/break. Not sure why you experience that annoyance. Steam overlay screenshot button mis-assigned?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom