Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Remove the wasteland 2 subforum

Do we want as many subforums as RPGWatch?

• Total voters

Morkar Left

If it gets removed now because it's "too empty" what was the point to create a subforum in the first place?

A user named cat

If it gets removed now because it's "too empty" what was the point to create a subforum in the first place?
To create hype for Fargo plus promote awareness and sales amongst the innocent Codex community because our degenerate staff are Dorito-bribed shills and ad plants in furry outfits. :bunkertime:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
^ He was gonna merge it all into one thread and people were complaining about that.

Morkar Left

Well, next time no need for subforums then? Tags would be sufficient if the megathread isn't enough for a game.

If you want more "staying power" for a game a subforum is basically the only way to make sure of that and to have some order in it (release topic, news topic, mod topic, patch topic, boob/loverslab topic, gameplay and quest topics etc). Personally I don't think it's a bad idea. For general reading and answering topics I almost exclusively use the "New Posts" button or I "watch" the thread. That means I rarely notice all the available sub-forums and therefore an endless list doesn't annoy me. I think such long listings of games are only annoying when the subforum is mostly empty. THere should be a treshold when it's viable to create one (15 different topics?).

For W3 I look into the subforum from time to time. Could be become a general "witcher" forum, too, covering all three witcher games.

A user named cat

UvvvyPB.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, next time no need for subforums then? Tags would be sufficient if the megathread isn't enough for a game.

I recall some posters saying they didn't want the first page flooded with Wasteland 2 topics and I imagine that would extend to any new release.

Morkar Left

Which would mean we would only need one temporary subforum (Recent released games) where we contain all new games when released and after let's say 2 weeks after release they get put back into GRPG discussion?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Who even uses the subforum list anyway when you have Watched Threads and New Posts. With subforums you can also easily ignore it - I plan to play Witcher 3 for example but I don't want to have my feed be full of threads about it at the moment.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The buzz has died down and now we have a Twitch3r subforum to take its place. Time to merge it with GRPGD before we end up with 5 dozen subforums. It can compete for exposure with all th eother threads in GRPGD no problem.

I hope you see what happens when you agitate for political change.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The model I'm currently adopting is Sub-Forums for major game companies who make RPGs, with thread pre-fixes in place for those forums in order to identify individual games or series of games. All other threads, including general RPG related threads, stay in the main forum.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The buzz has died down and now we have a Twitch3r subforum to take its place. Time to merge it with GRPGD before we end up with 5 dozen subforums. It can compete for exposure with all th eother threads in GRPGD no problem.

I hope you see what happens when you agitate for political change.

Change? I was merely reminding people that the subforum was meant to be a temporary thing when it was implemented. This is what happens when you ask politicians to keep their promises

LundB

Mistakes were made.
I request a Todd sub-forum (or fora :smug: )
I second this.

wzfC13B.jpg

8ZUvvGM.jpg

mVUHxgj.jpg
Z23lEir.jpg

Todd makes massive selling games, does misleading advertising like a pro, and is an inspiration to all. Todd forever.

Last edited:
Which would mean we would only need one temporary subforum (Recent released games) where we contain all new games when released and after let's say 2 weeks after release they get put back into GRPG discussion?

Or maybe peope could click on page 2 once in a while...your dick doesn't fall off if you do, really. That was just a silly rumour.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
...your dick doesn't fall off if you do, really. That was just a silly rumour.

Disappointment of a thousand trannies...

Actually that would be bad for trannies. They need that flesh for their new sex organs to be constructed from. If it just fell off, they would never be able to transition and would become sexless like John Travolta.

Remove penis, you are worst genitalia. you are the organ idiot you are the organ smell. return to vagina. to our vagina cousins you may come to our gender neutral toilet, you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,God we will never forgeve you. Abrahamic rascal FUck but fuck asshole penis stink...sexual reassignment surgery, best day of my life. Take a bath of dead tissue.. ahahaha.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The model I'm currently adopting is Sub-Forums for major game companies who make RPGs, with thread pre-fixes in place for those forums in order to identify individual games or series of games. All other threads, including general RPG related threads, stay in the main forum.

Well, now it would seem properly symmetrical to create subforums for Larian and Obsidian as well (instead of just a PoE subforum for the latter). Although I'm okay with waiting for them to announce more oldschool RPGs in addition to their sole inaugural titles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom