Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Resident Evil Revelations 2 - OUT NOW!

bonescraper

I knew you'd see the light, Morgy.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Still wondering why 2 is half the price? Did the first tank badly? And, if so, why keep the price at $50?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
rejoice.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't understand why people are getting their hopes up for this. Looks exactly like RE6 to me, which was mostly popamole.
Revelations was nothing like RE6, and Revelations 2 will continue the style of its predeccesor. That's why they are getting their hopes up.

Machocruz

Arcane
The name Resident Evil means nothing, and if you can realize that or ignore the title, you'll be better off. I kept reading that Revelations was "a return to form for the series", but it wasn't unless that form is the weakest parts of RE4. People are either terrible judges of tone and structure, or they lie to themselves to enjoy things for what they are.

But I prefer buildings to boats, so this is looking better to me by default.

Last edited:

Luzur

Good Sir
Kinda derp with zombies spawning in like that right infornt of you.

they get teleported in or what?

bonescraper

Bitch, Resident Evil is all about spawning zombies right in front of you.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...but-the-episodic-structure-does-it-no-favours

The question Revelations 2 poses through stuff like this is why it's being released in the way it is. This doesn't feel like an episodic game, it feels like a game that's been portioned unnecessarily - and this in itself wouldn't bother me, except it has negatively affected the initial feature set, and down the line will reward people for waiting until the retail release to buy it. This is crazy.

Nevertheless, this should not overshadow the fact that the first episode of Revelations 2, on its own merits, does a lot of good things. It takes parts of Resident Evil history - Resi 2's Sherry, Resi 3's dodges, the 'Hook Man' Resi 4 flashlight mechanic, Resi 5's co-op - and brings them into the present day as a coherent whole. It focuses on mechanics like darkness and vulnerability that, arguably, couldn't or wouldn't be risked in a numbered entry. And Raid mode looks like the best implementation of this fantastic game type yet.

So we come back to the nature of a spin-off, and why Revelations 2 works. For me a spin-off has a responsibility to do different things, to take the core subject-matter and do something that for whatever reason the 'main' games can't. By these lights Revelations 2 is a good spin-off. But if you hold off for a month, it might yet turn out a great one.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Putting all of the emphasis on one character to take down enemies is an unusual move, but it works for the most part because Revelations 2 tends to focus on smaller engagements over huge tear-ups. Acting as a distraction is more fun than it sounds, particularly with Moira, thanks to the new importance placed on dodging attacks. This mechanic was first seen in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, and has reappeared subsequently, but Revelations 2 is the best implementation yet, dedicating a whole button to getting out of tight spots and alongside this making the enemy attack animations unpredictable in their timing. In previous Resident Evils, if a massive thing has you backed into a corner, there aren't many options - but here it's thrilling to duck out with perfect timing, and leave the monster flailing while your partner unloads.
Yes, there was. It was called "dashing".

I like how he's talking about something already implemented before (and very well implemented) as if it's a new thing.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Watched a walkthrough of the first episode... two hours long? Oh man... the milking of this franchise.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Not sure of the exact number, but there are a fuckton of maps. Most (all?) of them are taken from the campaign and from Revelations 1/RE6, though.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
So what exactly do you get for the money?

Also Is the Raid mode being divided between episodes or is it just the main story?

Edit: And how are the M&K controls ?

Last edited:

bonescraper

Raid mode is also divided. Each episode will bring more maps, missions and characters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom