Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rift going free to play

Emily

Arcane
It is kinda pointless to start new character, i am sure if you have a lot of gold, you will be able to buy exp for free.
As there will be currency between zen/turbine points and normal gold

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Ah.
Well then I'll just play on my old chars. Got 3 days playtime anyway.
e73f9598c5dc3786f57f85b804069ad6.56b5ad0c918687860151080d57addaaa.jpeg

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I have no idea what anything in this game does... I don't remember.
I think I'll clear my talent tree/action bar and respecc.

EDIT: tomorrow. final day of thesis writing today.

r00fles my dorf:
e73f9598c5dc3786f57f85b804069ad6.ed8f1d28d8d08695e948c7fb70a2666e.jpeg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You should come play with us Zed, you filthy swede.

Gimme your char names, I'll add you :3

Can also start a new toon and join us if that's your flavour.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Yup, I think I'll start a new character. A warrior :)
Those two chars are guildless and on the same server you play on (I think?) - bloodiron. Phanto and Enfir.
But yeah, I'll start a new character. Since I'm not on trial I guess I'll disappear after a couple of days until F2P starts. I got 3 days of gametime for some reason.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Fo' sho' nigga.

I regret not starting a warrior. This melee DPS Cleric I'm playing is little too gimmicky for my tastes. But it's k'.

sbb

Learned
...anybody? Started playing this a couple of days ago and I'm really enjoying it... anybody else still playing this?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I reinstalled it recently and created a new character, but that's as far as I got.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, I didn't technically uninstall it. My PC died shortly after I started playing. I just never reinstalled it when I fixed my PC.

As far as WoW clones go, it's not the worst. The environments are just a bit uninspired and boring. When I got to the first major city I was very underwhelmed.

sbb

Learned
I've played 34 hours and can completely agree about the environments so far. I've come across a forest/grasslands, forest/grasslands with a purple sky, and a desert. Weee...

sbb

Learned
NytSPeZ.jpg

seems precarious architecture
edit: yes i am playing on a potato

Last edited:

made

Arcane
Played for a bit last year when it went F2P. It actually is free to play unlike LOTRO and such that try to nickel & dime you for every every little shit. Decent game but I cba to raid anymore, and these games get boring fast if you don't raid.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I find it hilarious how everyone praised LotRO's "oh, you can unlock everything with the points you earn while playing the game!" system, but never commenting on what an excruciating grind that is and just how neatly partitioned the game is into small chunks which you need to buy to progress. Especially in vanilla areas. In comparison Rift truly has a F2P model, paying subscribers simply get stuff faster.

made

Arcane
Even subscribers have to pay for shit like extra bags or unified wallet in LOTRO which is beyond retarded.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I loved how you can get to certain areas in LOTRO and simply not have any quests because you didn't buy the quest pack.

Then again, LOTRO is a fairly decent MMO if you're into old-school MMOs. I didn't mind shelling out for most of what I bought.

sbb

Learned
5w5wGIP.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom