Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex goes Twitter

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Andhaira trying to "interview" MCA on behalf of the Codex... This guy is getting more and more erratic.

This is probably a good way to see which other developers out there actually lurk on the Codex. So far this thread is really the only way to know the Codex is on twitter, at least while the following is still small.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Dicksmoker's on the prowl for more forest pussy. Careful Crooked Bee, if he sends you a message, he might be being deliberately ambiguous!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Bee retweets all the interesting bits from the mainstream games media so I don't have to 'follow' them. Good job!
There are even popular blogs like Destructoid following Codex on Twitter now.

GhostBadger

I'm going to guess Identi.ca [1] has a more statistically Codexifarian population than Twitter.

Just saying

[1] Runs on open-source StatusNet, as opposed to that baby-eating, closed-up Twitter.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Bee retweets all the interesting bits from the mainstream games media so I don't have to 'follow' them. Good job!
There are even popular blogs like Destructoid following Codex on Twitter now.

Thanks! I'm also occasionally tweeting some of the more interesting main forum threads/posts. Tell me how it works out.

That said, MCA still hasn't followed back. :(

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
With all the Mass Effect 3 news swamping the twitter feed, I'd appreciate it if those of you following RPGCodex on Twitter could retweet Part 2 of our Wasteland 2 interview (with Michael Stackpole) so that it doesn't get lost in all the Bioware white noise.

Thx.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
With all the Mass Effect 3 news swamping the twitter feed, I'd appreciate it if those of you following RPGCodex on Twitter could retweet Part 2 of our Wasteland 2 interview (with Michael Stackpole) so that it doesn't get lost in all the Bioware white noise.

Thx.
We have our orders men, now go, FOR INCLINE! :salute:

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Thx.

facepalm.jpg. Putting Codex on Twatter is like creating new jobs without even thinking of consequences (like paying salaries).

spekkio

Arcane
^
IMO this whole Twater prank is just some kind of elaborate troll from the Board of Dicktators.

3/5 acheivement but I wouldn't be bothered with it - who uses this newshit shit anyway?

(launches mIRC)

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected

Thx.

facepalm.jpg. Putting Codex on Twatter is like creating new jobs without even thinking of consequences (like paying salaries).
Quite. I don't think attracting the Twitter crowd is helpful to the quality of the boards, even though the system for screening new members has improved the general tone of the forum at the cost of reduced posting (or is that my imagination?). If people want a site like the Codex they'll find the Codex, putting us out there among the general 2.0 internet will make the Codex rise in popularity again but at what cost? Maybe I haven't been looking at the spam threads but after the server move this place has definitely changed. If members want updates about the Codex and new threads, they'll simply visit the Codex; this just seems unintuitive and counter productive.

spekkio

Arcane
the quality of the boards

d0cf0c48_1272348532_original-lol.gif

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Real men seek the Codex out, not have it fed to them. This site is only worthy of those who have taken the effort to find it on their own, for the rest it doesn't scale to their level.

:rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom