Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex Minecraft Server #2 (New IP address)

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Ok, so I've rented a server from this mob: http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/

I've currently gone for 8 Players max at any one time - which should be fine for us.

Figure we'll run FTB Ultimate for 12 months (which as I understand it, means no horses). It's $10 USD a month, which is nothing but that's only for 600 MB of RAM. If we want 8 GB (Which is equivalent to Muty's server), it'd cost about $1,600 for the year... Prices obviously scale up to that and we can upgrade at any time, which I'd be willing to do if people are up for chipping in for it. Otherwise, we'll see how it goes.

I've picked a server based in Hudiksval, Sweden - so all the Europeans should have decent access.

The Server is now offline. It was fun while it lasted.

Server currently set to restart every 12 hours and is running: Minecraft 1.4.7 (FTB Ultimate v1.1.2)

1. Download FTB (FeedTheBeast: http://www.feed-the-beast.com/)
2. Fire it up and click "Mod Packs", choose "FTB Ultimate"
3. Click Launch (once it's downloaded)
4. In the Multiplayer screen, enter the Server IP you see above and join!

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Gonna check it out later today. Haven't played MC in ages. Well, maybe I shouldn't :<

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Better ban deus proactively or he'll choke that server in no time with his weird RAM-hogging contraptions.

Luzur

Good Sir
Ok, so I've rented a server from this mob: http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/

I've currently gone for 8 Players max at any one time - which should be fine for us.

Figure we'll run FTB Ultimate for 12 months (which as I understand it, means no horses). It's $10 USD a month, which is nothing but that's only for 600 MB of RAM. If we want 8 GB (Which is equivalent to Muty's server), it'd cost about $1,600 for the year... Prices obviously scale up to that and we can upgrade at any time, which I'd be willing to do if people are up for chipping in for it. Otherwise, we'll see how it goes.

I've picked a server based in Hudiksval, Sweden - so all the Europeans should have decent access.

Game: Minecraft​
Server Name: Multiplay :: RPGCodex.net​
Server IP: 95.143.195.136:25965​
Password: N/A right now​

Server currently set to restart every 12 hours and is running: Minecraft 1.4.7 (FTB Ultimate v1.1.2)

huh, my sister lives in Hudiksvall, NAISU.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Sup DU, better update the server to FTB Unleashed, it's the new hot stuff in town - Ultimate is already dead and buried. :troll:

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Fuck...I've stopped minecrafting for a while...generally been a good idea...but...

I miss it ...you know...

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
We miss you too.

O7TgOLZ.gif

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Guys, try the UHS pack in the FTB Launcher, most fun I've had with Minecraft in a long time. Just type "UHS" in the private pack word prompt to download. It removes the normal health regen altogether so you have to get potions and shit to heal up.

This pack contains the following mods by default:
Forge - Lex Manos and the Forge Team
CodeChickenCore - ChickenBones
CoFHCore - KingLemming
Not Enough Items - ChickenBones
Power Crystals Core - Power Crystals
Armor Status HUD - bspkrs
Barrels - Need4Poop402
Better Dungeons - Chocolatin
BiblioCraft - Nuchaz
Biomes O Plenty - Forstride, Adubbz, Amnet, Ted80
BspkrsCore - bspkrs
Chest Transporter - CubeX2
Damage Indicators - Rich1051414
Death Counter - iChun
Extra Utils - RWTema
Gravestone - NightKosh
Hats - iChun
HatStand - iChun
iChunUtil - iChun
Inventory Tweaks - jimeowan
Iron Chests - cpw
Lava Monsters - FastherToast
More Furnaces - CubeX2
Natura - mDiyo
NEIPlugins - mistaqur
Nether Ores - Power Crystals
Prayers - mDiyo
Special Mobs - FastherToast
Thaumcraft 3 - Azanor
Thaumic Tinkerer - Vazkii
Tinkers Construct - mDiyo
Tinkers Construct Recovery Addon - Qwertygiy
The Twilight Forest - Benimatic
VoxelMap - Voxel Team

Biomes O Plenty is way cooler than ExtraBiomes. I also manually added Dimensional Doors into the pack, it's p. cool with the traps and all.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Jesus fuck this thing's harder to keep up than an erection at a Justin Bieber themed gang bang.

Try now @IDtenT

It is supposed to auto-restart, but seems it needs a manual restart every now and then.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
@DarkUnderlord, Fluffy tells me he broke the server.

He combined an ME Storage bus and a quantum chest. This he later found out, causes complete server crash as long as the offending chunk is loaded.

To solve this you must either load the last available backup or delete all quantum chests from the world. Fluffy probably is the only one owning any.

He is very sorry for the inconvinience.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
@Spectacle - I'll have to look into that.

UPDATE: @Spectacle, ok it should be up. Seems to be working. I had to roll back a day.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah, I should see if I can setup a map or something. There's a bit around the place. Those facades y the entrance are mine though. I'm yet to really sit-down and complete my masterpiece.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Yeah, I should see if I can setup a map or something. There's a bit around the place. Those facades y the entrance are mine though. I'm yet to really sit-down and complete my masterpiece.

I haven't really played because of the block and mob lag; think the mob spawns are a bit iffy too, unless you purposefully set the mob spawn count to a lower number. Maybe it'd be a good idea to just go vanilla once 1.7 hits (easy for me to say of course since I haven't done squat)?

The new world gen is the biggest change since the one in beta, and vanilla would be hell of a lot easier on the server, too. Don't think the 600MB RAM is enough for Ultimate, at least not if there's multiple people on simultaneously, and especially if they're using Mystcraft and what not.

Edit: Neat, someone's actually been playing. Whose base is that blocky smoothstone place not far from DU's?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom