Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Saving game IRL poll?

Have you thought of saving and reloading IRL due to too much gaming?

• Yes

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • I like doggies

Votes: 22 41.5%

• Total voters

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Have you thought of saving and reloading IRL due to too much gaming?

In some games I make a save before a decision so I can reload if I want a better outcome.
After playing for many hours I actually thought of saving before I make a decision IRL, then got :( when I realised I cannot reload.

Not sure how to communicate this, if you have experienced this you should understand.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
RL definitely needs a quicksave function, I have wished for that so often already. I'd savescum my way through life, it'd be awesome.

Astral Rag

Arcane
There are meds that can help you.

abkhujr.png

Real life already has a Continue option if your religion supports the idea of reincarnation. Unfortunately you lose all your accumulated loot and XP but it would be too imbalanced otherwise.

I imagine that in the future quicksaving/quickloading will be implemented with the "Cloning" patch. Upload your memories to a clinic's servers, if your clone dies you get uploaded into another one. Of course, this extra feature will cost a ton of money so only Premium users will be able to enjoy it. Free-to-play members will be forced to play in Permadeath mode. On the plus side, unofficial PvP will be reduced to a minimum since the glorious Moderators will implant pacifying chips into your avatar at chargen.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
I imagine that in the future quicksaving/quickloading will be implemented with the "Cloning" patch. Upload your memories to a clinic's servers, if your clone dies you get uploaded into another one. Of course, this extra feature will cost a ton of money so only Premium users will be able to enjoy it. Free-to-play members will be forced to play in Permadeath mode. On the plus side, unofficial PvP will be reduced to a minimum since the glorious Moderators will implant pacifying chips into your avatar at chargen.

Altered Carbon

potatojohn

Arcane
I don't think I've ever thought about reloading, but sometimes when I miss something I try to mentally rewind time like you would with a recording.

Probably because I tend to end up doing that when I watch youtube while doing other things.

spectre

Arcane
Whenever you're having a deja vu its because you dieded and loaded the last save.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Real life already has a Continue option if your religion supports the idea of reincarnation. Unfortunately you lose all your accumulated loot and XP but it would be too imbalanced otherwise.

If you choose to reboot on day one, you'll have acces to exclusive DLC, and it'll have microtransactions for those "special" perks. There will also be exclusive content depending on which race you choose to go with after re-rolling.

murloc_gypsy

Cipher

I would brofist the shit out of this post if I could.

I have dreamed of a Quick-Save function in RL a bunch of times. Almost of all the times involved gratuitous amounts of gaming and fizzy drinks replacing much-needed water. COINCIDENCE?

Also: there was this one time after having played Gothic 1 for about 9 hours straight that I imagined going to eat my dinner at the Swamp Camp because I knew they had a frying pan just by entrance I could use to cook some scavanger meat. Oh good times, fun delusions.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Can't quicksave.
Ugly NPCs.
Unbelievably bad AI.
Repetitive Gameplay.
Graphics just "okay" most of the time, the whole thing looking like some areas have been designed by completely different art teams.
Rich as fuck background, yet they decided to set it in the most boring of era.

Real life. Wouldn't even pirate it.

murloc_gypsy

Cipher
Can't quicksave.
Ugly NPCs.
Unbelievably bad AI.
Repetitive Gameplay.
Graphics just "okay" most of the time, the whole thing looking like some areas have been designed by completely different art teams.
Rich as fuck background, yet they decided to set it in the most boring of era.

Real life. Wouldn't even pirate it.

Take this quote as a brofist.

Also, C&C like a motherfucker. I mean, EVERY -- LITTLE -- THING comes back to bite you in the ass eventually. I can only imagine what the dev team must have went through to pull all those scripts together.

You also spend most of the playing time completing quests in samey-looking corridors and cubicles. You have a limited time to do the fun sidequests in the overworld, which depending on the zone may also have roaming enemies to ruin your day. WTF?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But hey, every character is romanceable andevery minority is represented with several characters! The SJW people would love this!

Lemming42

Arcane
Can't believe nobody's complained about the controls of real life yet. Movement feels really clunky, my character can barely jump high enough to actually climb onto anything. Also the stamina limit is way too low and seems to actually get less and less as you level up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom