Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
No Regret is even better than No Remorse, just fyi.

spekkio

Arcane
Well, I think I need some break from constant silencing. Just not sure what it's gonna be...

C7QhFf9.png

U2jokAL.jpg

UIcWdVo.jpg

Thank god that there are like 2-3 good new games each year ATM, which makes clearing the backlog much easier than ~10 years ago...

:negative:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Just finished Dead Rising 3
01.jpg

02.jpg

06.jpg

05.jpg

I got really tired of this game after a while and just rushed to the end.
Part of me was somewhat entertained by the wackiness of the new combo weapons, psycho and vehicular mayhem but it got old after around 5 hours.
Dead Rising 2 seems to have the whole mystery and Zombrex urgency set up as a better motivator while in this game the script is out of whack.

Don't read further if you don't want to be spoiled

The moment when I stopped giving a fuck is when the game sent me to find a friend.
When I found her, she was heavily injured. Losing an arm, sitting on a pool of blood, the protagonist pleaded for her to stay alive.
So the mission gave me the objective to fetch a first aid kit before she dies.
OK. So I did.
I was kinda surprised by the tone at this point, it's pretty dark and the hero was all tears when the friend made it through the ordeal alive.
But when the hero said he's going to take the woman to her husband she was all like 'NO I CAN'T LET HIM SEE ME LIKE THIS!'
And a new objective was given.
I was told to pick up a pipe, some wires etc in the building she was in.
So I did.
What followed was the hero, a mechanical genius, using those three parts he gathered, augmented her missing arm stump with a flamethrower.

08.jpg

I think something just snapped inside me at that point and I just hit the enter key whenever a cutscene plays.
I skipped every side missions and just focused on the main objective from that point on as well.
Play time: 12 hours.

A horse of course

I enjoyed DR3 a lot. Definitely the best of the Xbox One launch titles. Never finished any of the previous games because I didn't like the timer and the fact they kill off an important waifu and replace her some flat-chested pot-smoking hippy in 2.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Who can solve this riddle?

090ao1e.png

1YnrPoW.png

Scattered around the map are nine signs left by the "Royal Riddle Company" with the following code words:

1. Sword
2. Ants
3. Gem
4. Chicken
5. Black
6. Eat
7. Ants
8. King
9. Hide

Yes, two "Ants".

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy

Scattered around the map are nine signs left by the "Royal Riddle Company" with the following code words:

1. Sword
2. Ants
3. Gem
4. Chicken
5. Black
6. Eat
7. Ants
8. King
9. Hide

Are the words presented in this order on the map?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

090ao1e.png

1YnrPoW.png

1. Sword
2. Ants
3. Gem
4. Chicken
5. Black
6. Eat
7. Ants
8. King
9. Hide

Yes, two "Ants".
My king! Hide gems! To swords! Blacks eat chickens! They're like ants! Fucking ants!

A horse of course

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Gnome of the Year Edition

Yeah, I'm late. Started during the Christmas holidays and clocked in about 95-100hrs total, doing all of the sidequests I'm aware of and 95% of the question marks on the map - though I skipped all the races and Gwent stuff. Seems pointless to comment since everything there is to be said about the game has been said 100 times on the site. Regardless, I loved it. The pacing was rather off and the second half/final third of the game seemed extremely rushed, so I think aggressively consolidating the two largest areas plus cutting and incorporating content from Kaer Morhen/White Orchard into other areas would've solved the bloat issue. The amount of copy-pasted monster encounters was absolutely mind-boggling (someone needs to count how many Sirens there are on The Skellige Isles, let alone the total number of fucking wolves and drowners on the main map). The levelled loot was a terrible idea, especially once the DLC comes into play. The women have smaller tits than the first game. Some of the characters and factions got the short end of the stick - albeit only compared to the rest of the series. But all in all, fantastic writing and worldbuilding, mostly fun combat (for an action-rpg), some great bosses (particularly in Hearts of Stone) and a stirring OST.

Screenshots are with everything on max (except HBAO+). Looks a bit better in game due to the motion-based AA and other effects, but probably could've used some visual mods.

SPOILERS in screens (most of which are in the trailers anyway, but just be aware)

Wild Hunt

RhZBviR.jpg
X4rarKm.jpg
BHftWkQ.jpg
yxe33CT.jpg
QqL0a4j.jpg

A7I5Nr6.jpg

ZEUHg5u.jpg
IBSiXzb.jpg
F9wYKPc.jpg
GXvMQh4.jpg
RqfXbiC.jpg
E22Jxt0.jpg
Rv9WhLq.jpg
9mbJcLY.jpg
qyVPLf7.jpg
2iUI9TD.jpg
5X7uYp9.jpg
tWOX2ks.jpg
1ClJfrS.jpg
Dn8IyFp.jpg
2hAxqbX.jpg
IuN1Uf5.jpg
lVCRjdp.jpg
xcHBkHF.jpg
9fkiuUX.jpg
YTrjN8l.jpg
o99Gmyy.jpg
C763Mek.jpg
WC4VuWU.jpg
SZiah9q.jpg
vFWqWfg.jpg
ClDf9yJ.jpg
ms2AKV4.jpg
Xm8aSZl.jpg
9XLJwSQ.jpg
NHZl7Bn.jpg
nOEnzEX.jpg
nOy3nX8.jpg
JwufxKc.jpg
HFeDpPP.jpg
omb7Ebj.jpg
xks6siQ.jpg

Hearts of Stone

fNjpqEp.jpg
uzPrF2t.jpg
LuO4FzP.jpg
VJtwX8K.jpg
nptXMKH.jpg
hHV12ge.jpg
d0030Jw.jpg
ZKydDd9.jpg
SxBt8H1.jpg
U0aek0j.jpg
wAYR8fj.jpg
Eu7wID3.jpg
eLXvQji.jpg
dlBTkSQ.jpg
hyX954v.jpg

Blood and Wine

KXBgwMp.jpg
ih22yix.jpg
Us0CpG4.jpg
OZ5AOKf.jpg
f4gZiAT.jpg
lpUTu1x.jpg
MjYfr5f.jpg
ZUmeSV6.jpg
xQFzZ4L.jpg
MPvbRkn.jpg
80echMq.jpg
yAWHXpi.jpg
lkwiWV0.jpg
NrCDhFv.jpg
ooIpsV4.jpg
pCYkvcM.jpg

87n2rOS.jpg
ikk6lbn.jpg
RJMTEAv.jpg
McoVWpi.jpg
4Sh0mIt.jpg
OT7icPW.jpg
zAr9Ps9.jpg
RnuMPCO.jpg
4HLATX2.jpg

uVhMNgE.jpg
tAO51FT.jpg
RVmRYMS.jpg

ICw4RBY.jpg
EOm2fAr.jpg
Gebe5b6.jpg
FnHy88a.jpg
FaKvooR.jpg

eoyO3WW.jpg
SzaqYCq.jpg

xumWrij.jpg
qYzV8Hl.jpg
nBVavEc.jpg
eeUABLJ.jpg
x9hlTLK.jpg

RTQVD6c.jpg
jpSlmtc.jpg

aocvTJB.jpg
eVOYoGF.jpg
XWwgGjs.jpg
1682aaq.jpg
KbqTBnX.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

A horse of course

I was thinking about starting this one sometime in 2017 (liked 1st twitcher, hated the 2nd), but maybe I just play some old DOS or GBA games instead... :?

Much closer to second game than first, for sure. It's pretty fucking long unless you just rush the main quests. The problem is that there are things you can do to make it more "hardcore" and similar to earlier games, where every monster needed more thought and preparation, but this clashes with the fact that there are so many goddamn trash mobs throughout the world and that they simply start throwing boss-level enemies at you at random in certain quests. In any case, I recommend playing it when you have a holiday or something so you don't feel any pressure to finish things.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Disabling the Points of Interest on the world map makes for a much better experience imo, as you discover these places either by yourself with no prior indication or by way of a quest. Also you should do the Gwent and race content, they have some really good stuff.

spekkio

Arcane
For now I decided to stick to some oldshit...

qkm6SvD.jpg

1V9OM92.jpg

:yeah:

sFVLSDL.jpg

:what:

A map of unexplored areas? In a 'Vania? Is nothing sacred anymore? What's next - quest markers?

:decline:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Harmony of Dissonance was such a let down after the amazing Circle of the Moon. It's far too easy and...

... the double castle gimmick becomes old pretty fast, especially since it's not very exciting to explore.

Despite the atrocious audio quality the melodies are pretty good and damn sinister though.

Riskbreaker

Next one is infinitely more enjoyable game. Aesthetics tho, are :decline: and a half (and they carry on to its direct DS sequel, one that also suffers from one of most pointless and annoying forced touchscreen gimmicks - guess Nintendo demanded use of touchscreen from every early DS title).

octavius

Arcane
Patron

1. Sword
2. Ants
3. Gem
4. Chicken
5. Black
6. Eat
7. Ants
8. King
9. Hide

Yes, two "Ants".

Turned out our resident mental giant Ed213 was right and it was a rather retarded riddle. From the text file:
Having trouble figuring out the Riddle of Orlan? Here's some pointers.

1. Find the riddle in the Middle of Nowhere. The MON is located in the snowy
regions near a sign that says 'This is the Middle of Nowhere'. Look north of
the sign.

2. There are 9 signs, ALL NEAR THE WATER, with numbers and codewords on them.

3. Look around the volcanic isle for an event that tells you which signs are
important, assuming you can't figure out the riddle from the question itself.

4. The only combination of signs that satisfies the conditions are the
signs 7 and 2. (7+2=9 and 7*2=14).

5. 2 and 7 have the codewords 'ants' and 'ball'. What is the only thing that
the war between good and evil achieves? How about: ball-ants, or balance.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Disabling the Points of Interest on the world map makes for a much better experience imo, as you discover these places either by yourself with no prior indication or by way of a quest. Also you should do the Gwent and race content, they have some really good stuff.
The low density of content makes that really annoying especially with the poor visibility on forest areas, I got myself walking a really long time on empty fields trying to find something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom