Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands: A Banquet For Fools standalone expansion

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
K8IwJ2t.jpg

Is this supposed to be the expansion that was funded by the original Kickstarter backers as shown in the image

Yes.

Lhynn

Arcane
Will there be some kind of patch or something to make the base game turn based?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Will there be some kind of patch or something to make the base game turn based?

No, the base game seems to be finished - no more changes, no more patches, as far as I know. The "expansion" is totally separate.

Mustawd

To my understanding it uses most if not all of the systems of their new game.

This seems quite odd to me. So it will have an action timeline where you can interrupt an enemy's actions? If so, that sounds like a completely different game. It'd be like taking Baldur's Gate and making it turn-based. I mean I'm not complaining, as RTwP is horribad. Just very very surprising is all.

Morkar Left

Hmm, the standalone expansion sounds interesting. Sounds like a rpg with focus on pure adventure / exploring.

Whalenought_Joe

Whalenought Studios
Developer
Yeah now that we've settled on the 3D miniatures style for Copper Dreams we're finally able to start catching up with setting up art for the expansion maps, but we're waiting for a bigger chunk of it to be complete before showing it off. There won't be any of your anus monsters on the islands, unfortunately, but we'll be working with agris again next year for mapping out the Codex designed island!

agris

Arcane
Patron
I don't think they're actively working on it. If I remember correctly, the broken candle ruleset they're developing for Copper Dreams is going to be used for Banquet, which itself will be standalone. Most (all?) the mechanics are now nailed down, but there's only two of them and it sounds like they're full-bore into production on CD.

Does anyone remember if they're using the CD engine for Banquet also? I vaguely recall that they are.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
My god, was SitS three yeas ago already! Holy cow how time flies, it's almost a good ol' days classic already. Feels like only a year. I'd completely forgotten there was an expansion in the works. Can't say I'm fussed if it ever comes out tbh, the game kinda finishes itself off fully as is. Same ruleset in a different story could be interesting though.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
My god, was SitS three yeas ago already! Holy cow how time flies, it's almost a good ol' days classic already. Feels like only a year. I'd completely forgotten there was an expansion in the works. Can't say I'm fussed if it ever comes out tbh, the game kinda finishes itself off fully as is. Same ruleset in a different story could be interesting though.
Yup, time flies by quick, before you know it we'll all be dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom