Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Serpent in the Staglands Thread

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sooo, I just finished popamoling in TW3. Now, time to dedicate myself full-time to SITS. Can't wait.

Any survival pointers I should know, before starting out my adventure in the Staglands?

polo

Magister
Sooo, I just finished popamoling in TW3. Now, time to dedicate myself full-time to SITS. Can't wait.

Any survival pointers I should know, before starting out my adventure in the Staglands?
Yeah, you can't roll in here :troll:

Also, blood cocoon.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Also, blood cocoon.

Well, I really just wanted to be done with TW3's story arc, which I did in a handful of hours, skipping all non-mandatory content. It was a deliberate strategy to "clear" my queue before devoting myself entirely to SITS, which I have been having great hopes for since I found out about it.

polo

Magister

Also, blood cocoon.

Well, I really just wanted to be done with TW3's story arc, which I did in a handful of hours, skipping all non-mandatory content. It was a deliberate strategy to "clear" my queue before devoting myself entirely to SITS, which I have been having great hopes for since I found out about it.
Np, i've been playing some TW3 from time to time, while waiting for SitS to be patched. Version 3 didn't even startup for me.

da_rays

Augur

Blood Cocoon , also blood cocoon. Also prepare to be a hobo for a llittle while , and in Lumen Targ ( 1st area of the game ) you can recruit 2-3 NPC , and when you create your character , you have the choice to make some Avatar ( which are basically party member , no recruit cost ) so you might be inclined ( hehe ) to make 1 or 2 avatars to have a complete party , really help in the start of the game. Still very very doable with only the NPC offered through the game tho , your choice . You can always kick them out of the party when you have more NPC to have in the party . Most ( not all ) NPC you can recruit have either some augmented stat or more skill points , so yet again , its your call. Healing item ( healing fungus , dried meat , shroomer fat and so on ) can be spam ( right click to eat , right clik *12 to eat 12 healing item , doesnt even stop auto attack i think , so make use of this in the start ) . Aside from that, be wary , you have a lot of ennemies in the staglands, im currently on my 2nd party and its going great. meta knowledge of spells / skills help a bit. If you have any more questions , just ask!

ArchAngel

Arcane

Also, blood cocoon.

Np, i've been playing some TW3 from time to time, while waiting for SitS to be patched. Version 3 didn't even startup for me.
I been doing ultimate pompamole, Batman Arkam Asylum while waiting for SitS patches. I just recently got a xbox360 controller for my PC and never played any of these controller recommended games.

Amn Nom

Learned
I been doing ultimate pompamole, Batman Arkam Asylum while waiting for SitS patches. I just recently got a xbox360 controller for my PC and never played any of these controller recommended games.
Do you have Dark Souls yet? That is another one you could try out if it takes them too long to patch it. In fact, you should try it out anyways.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If the devs are still reading, the autopause when using aptitude/spell/war books options could have better accessibility by 'autounpausing' after use.

That is, you select the war book (for ex) and it pauses, then you select a ability then you select a target and only then it unpauses (if no target it should unpause right way ofc).

It should be a bit of work to filter corner cases (like user opening the book and unpausing, making sure you don't toggle pause again instead of 'unpausing after ability is used etc) but it should be worth it not having to unpause every time.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron

Also, blood cocoon.

PC Master Race Patriarchy disapproves. Just get an xbox and a paid subscription to Gamespot, next time.

resize

Edit - I almost forgot the mandatory "ban polo" request. :smug:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
How do I patch this game (GOG version, Windows)? I downloaded patch.zip and followed the instructions, but it did not do anything - game shows as the same version from before the update and wants to download the same patch again. This is severely disappointing. :negative:

EDIT: I managed to figure it out somehow. Did the same thing a couple of times more, and it finally worked on the third try (?).

Last edited:

da_rays

Augur
How do I patch this game (GOG version, Windows)? I downloaded patch.zip and followed the instructions, but it did not do anything - game shows as the same version from before the update and wants to download the same patch again. This is severely disappointing. :negative:

Which patch are you trying to install? Patch ver 6 to ver 7? If yes , Copy the file you need in the folder where Serpent in the Staglands.exe is located. If you are on Win 64 bit copy all files from folder x64 , Win 32 bit x32 or Mac , do not copy the folder , just the file is what you need to do, then launch updater.exe or updater.app

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This happened to me like five or six times.

Unzip the patch files. Copy all the files in the x64 folder and paste them in the SitS folder. Right click and run the patcher. When(if) everything is done, the game will once again ask you if you want to look for updates. Click yes once again. The game should run as version 7.

I haven't had the time to play yet, reading up on the manual as I type this. Seeing some typos in there.

WarHamster

Augur
Patron
Cannot get the patches to work on the GOG version, no matter what I do. Infuriating! Yes, I have the correct version for my OS and I've followed the instructions correctly (i.e. didn't copy the patch folder but its contents), but the patcher just hangs every single time. How the hell did you guys get the patcher working? Perseverance doesn't seem to help, I've tried many times, with all the different patches, but no dice.

Oh well, gladly the GOG version is almost the latest patch now, being v6 when the latest is v7.

da_rays

Augur
Cannot get the patches to work on the GOG version, no matter what I do. Infuriating! Yes, I have the correct version for my OS and I've followed the instructions correctly (i.e. didn't copy the patch folder but its contents), but the patcher just hangs every single time. How the hell did you guys get the patcher working? Perseverance doesn't seem to help, I've tried many times, with all the different patches, but no dice.

Oh well, gladly the GOG version is almost the latest patch now, being v6 when the latest is v7.

Yeah seriously thoses patchs are not ''user friendly'' per se. I'd advise to download the latest version from GOG , uninstall all of it , start clean. Load up the game , re download the patch ( yeah i know , its a bitch ) and re install it. That what i had to do with my current version. Best of luck mate.

Johannes

Arcane
Question for those who've completed the game, or at least a lot of it:

I've got the runes from the bloodless hunters for the Lumen Forten books. The clock-looking one worked out fine, but I can't get the other one right. Is this supposed to be a faulty sketching by the Pasaaren, and I need to do something more ingame to get it worked out, or is this just my mistake for drawing badly?

Haba Casualmidtier

Edit: nvm, got it working. The pattern recognizer was just too exact for me.

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
Is it just me, or is the dialogue quite good? Loved that those who had something to say in the starting temple at Lumen Targ actually said interesting things. Like when you ask them about where they're from or why they are at Lumen Targ. It really fleshes out the area/setting, without being infodumpy at all.

343g9pf.png

Ninjerk

Arcane
Someone remind me where the guy is that makes bespoke harvester armor. I found the guy that makes regular bespoke armor in Orf Bridge Consil, but he's the only proper armor craftsman I can remember. Also, is it just 1 scale per armor or multiple?

Johannes

Arcane
Someone remind me where the guy is that makes bespoke harvester armor. I found the guy that makes regular bespoke armor in Orf Bridge Consil, but he's the only proper armor craftsman I can remember. Also, is it just 1 scale per armor or multiple?
Rumia, iirc. Or whatever the town on the north side of the lake is called.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Rumia, iirc. Or whatever the town on the north side of the lake is called.
Yeah, I just found it. Now to find the spice merchant that doesn't try to rip you off for Anthramin (Gobi?).

Ninjerk

Arcane
Having played this quite a bit, it seems so freeform as to render breaking it up into "acts" a rather silly notion.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it just me, or is the dialogue quite good? Loved that those who had something to say in the starting temple at Lumen Targ actually said interesting things. Like when you ask them about where they're from or why they are at Lumen Targ. It really fleshes out the area/setting, without being infodumpy at all.

343g9pf.png
In general, I like the dialogue, but there are some mistakes here and there that annoy me. Like "should of" instead of "should have" and some other small things like an unnecessary extra word here and there.

About attributes: Can I not go under 10 in some of them or am I just stupid? I'm playing a melee fighter and I felt that the points in intelligence were completely wasted and useless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom