Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shadow Watch

Quilty

Magister
Anyone played it? I have fond memories of it, mainly because I was playing it around the same time I tried Deus Ex and it had a somewhat similar cyberpunk-noir style, and I really liked the fact that it was all hand-drawn. It's turn-based, with conversations between missions that have some C&C which determines where the story goes and which missions you do. You have several agents at your disposal and you level them up and upgrade their skills over time. It's nowhere near the freedom of JA1/2, but I think it's a good game with loads of charm. Give it a go.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hey, this looks good. I remember seeing the box cover but I never got around to picking it up.

Thanks, I'll give it a go.

spekkio

Arcane
Got it, never played it.
I've heard it's buggy as fuck, but fun.

Quilty

Magister
spekkio said:
Got it, never played it.
I've heard it's buggy as fuck, but fun.

I don't remember encountering any glaring bugs, but then again I may have just ignored them. If there were any, they didn't leave any serious impact on my overall experience.

Quilty

Magister
Mind you, it's not really full of variety. You only have like four of five types of missions and the enemies and locations are often recycled. Still, I think the art and atmosphere and the fact it's turn-based (though the rules are kinda wonky, I think every action requires the same amount of AP, your earn AP during a mission, and if you get more AP than your character's morale, he/she goes apeshit) makes it worth a shot.

Panthera

Scholar
I absolutely LOVED this game. Mostly for the writing and the branching missions and story. And the art is nice, too.

roshan

Arcane
Just installed this recently. The atmosphere seems quite cool. But does it really have no mouse controls??? WTF??? A game released in 2000?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom