Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shane Plays - LPs and Interviews

sstacks

Arcane

This episode: It's a surprise venture back into the Luskan sewers and a meeting with Bregan D'aerthe.

Mustawd

Not even n-Space closing up shop can stop him. :salute:

Didn't you hear? The RoD expansion is officially launching before console release. Next few weeks.

For real tho?

Yes.

Update:

Rage of Demons is now scheduled to release before SCL on consoles, and will be coming within the next few weeks. I'll try to continue the updates on here as we get closer!

https://forums.swordcoast.com/index.php?/topic/10626-rage-of-demons-on-track-for-release/page-2

Mustawd

Didn't you hear? The RoD expansion is officially launching before console release. Next few weeks.

:yeah:

SCL took a big update on Steam yesterday but haven't had a chance to take a look to see if its ROD.

Pretty sure it is? I mean can't you buy it now? I saw it on sale for $10. Might pick it up if it ever is around a $1.

sstacks

Arcane

SCL took a big update on Steam yesterday but haven't had a chance to take a look to see if its ROD.

Pretty sure it is? I mean can't you buy it now? I saw it on sale for $10. Might pick it up if it ever is around a $1.

Just got an email saying ROD is live, so yep that was the update.

sstacks

Arcane
This episode: We get turned down by several possible party recruits (really needed a cleric, dang) and have a trippy encounter with a fire elemental, man.

sstacks

Arcane
So I rarely if ever post content not directly related to RPGs. However this stunt Marvel has pulled with Captain America really bothers me on a fundamental level and involves the misuse / retconning of beloved characters which can of course also happen with other IP like RPG franchises. Where is the line? I feel Marvel has crossed it.

I know the Codex doesn't have a lot of sympathy for butthurt (and I don't always either) but this personally goes beyond the pale for me with Marvel. I am surprised how upset I am about what they did to Captain America.

Consider this: Marvel took their patriotic, pure and incorruptible WW II character created by Jewish immigrants to fight the Nazis (who killed millions of Jews), and then suddenly said he has really been a Nazi all along. And they did it right before Memorial Day, when we remember those who have died in our wars. Unbelievable.

sstacks

Arcane
lol, what's next? Black Panther is really a white supremacist?

This is one of my favorite tweets I have seen about it:

@alexfishler Now that #CaptainAmerica is a Nazi, I assume Black Panther is a KKK Grand Wizard and the X-Men are really Westboro Baptist Church members.

sstacks

Arcane
This reminds me of the Death of Superman.

For me this is worse. Any character can meet their end (and I thought the Death of Captain America storyline was good), but this is just wrong and offensive.

Ninjerk

Arcane
When they came for Baldur's Gate, I didn't speak up because I wasn't a fan of Baldur's Gate. :oops:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The linked interview makes it sound like a marketing ploy to cash in during the elections, even though they say it has been in the works for a long time (aka 2014).

sstacks

Arcane
The linked interview makes it sound like a marketing ploy to cash in during the elections, even though they say it has been in the works for a long time (aka 2014).

I have no doubt it's a marketing ploy, but it's in extremely poor taste.

sstacks

Arcane
Evidently now I am a series of animated gifs based on my Captain America rant video, coworker sent me these:

416qjRi.gif

nFsOlpT.gif

95sx71x.gif

Neanderthal

Arcane
Your comic lads take some fuckin shit from them who you gi a job an career to, reminds me o D&D back when that bitch were in charge who hated fans, pity theres no alternative (except Wargames one) I suppose.

Oh and yesssss, channel your hate, join with the Codex side - Darth Churchill.

Last edited:

Mustawd

Evidently now I am a series of animated gifs based on my Captain America rant video, coworker sent me these:

416qjRi.gif

nFsOlpT.gif

95sx71x.gif

My exact same reactions when I found out the details of FO3. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom