Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Should quoted text be as large as unquoted text?

Should it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It seems a lot of people hate Infinitron. Why is that Infinitron? Why do they hate you?

Monty

Arcane
There was. It was called the "size" tag:

Code:
[quote][size=3]{quote wall of text here}[/size][/quote]

Apparently that was too slow and Infinitron wanted to copy-paste walls of text quickly.
Do these 'size' tags still work or are they now overridden by these Infinitronic changes?

I tried including size tags in a quote in a post but they disappeared when I posted. I also noticed that on some older posts of mine, where I had not used the standard text size in quotes but had used custom sizes for various sections, everything is now the same size.

So is this change now overriding all previous size formatting in quotes? Is this the way it was intended to work or was it supposed to only affect the default text size in quotes?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I tried including size tags in a quote in a post but they disappeared when I posted. I also noticed that on some older posts of mine, where I had not used the standard text size in quotes but had used custom sizes for various sections, everything is now the same size.

As I said, using size tags in quotes is very error-prone. You have to make sure the size tags don't accidentally fall outside the quote tags, or it won't work. The WYSIWYG editor often does this, requiring you to edit the tags manually.

But it does actually work if you do it right.

Last edited:

Monty

Arcane
Ok, will try it again next time.

Not the end of the world. Just curious how even without using size tags I used to be able to highlight parts of the quote and use the font size drop-down on the tool bar... now any resizing like this seems to be overridden when posting.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
IE: All you losers using the WYSIWYG mode need to enable hardcore mode like us pros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom