Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Show/Hide hidden post made by vrok?

ixg

Erudite
You click unignore to unignore someone

TheLostOne

Savant
Doh. Didn't even see the show/hide post thing for DU. Thought Jedi's screenshot was only applying to autohiding dumbfucks. Guess ignore uses the same mechanism.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sweet! I love the unobtrusive presentation of the ignored posts. I can practically overlook them completely. It's like the user doesn't exist!
Oh blissful ignorance, how I cherish thee!

PS: I can ignore myself! That's pretty cool. :D

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
TheLostOne said:
It would be neat to be able to click someones profile and see how many people are ignoring them. Would also be kind of a self guide to let people know if they're becoming excessively ignoring.
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/ignore.php

At the moment, Cassidy and Helton are in a tie for first place.

TheLostOne said:
Doh. Didn't even see the show/hide post thing for DU. Thought Jedi's screenshot was only applying to autohiding dumbfucks. Guess ignore uses the same mechanism.
Yup. Just replaced the "check what rank this user has" with the "check if this poster is in this user's shitlist" check. Then added a button to add and remove from shitlist as appropriate.

Cassidy

Arcane
That list makes it seem like people are moved for personal feelings of "Ignore everyone I hate here or that I don't share my opinion with or that made myself look like an idiot" rather than facts... and to think I never posted any direct NSFW pic here. Anyway, I don't care so if someone wants to put me in an ignore list and not see what I post in RPG Discussion, Strategy Games and so rather than the much more effective action of putting the whole "General Discussion" under a mentally forged ignore_list through the force of will just go for it and no regrets, heh?

And I can guess some of the ones(and their alts) who clicked on "ignore" based on "this guy sux STFU snoob HAHA now every1 knows U sux!"...

Dagorkan, MountainWest, Dementia Praecox, Jaime Lannister, micmu, Monolith, Claw, Blaegis, Jasede, Spacemoose(for the LULZ), Zomg.

The question is: Will this turn into a "Ignore-fest" competition where people who "hate" others will ignore them just for the sake of ignorecount++?

*Edit 2: It should be changed to "Number of Enemies", would make more sense. And I like to know how many enemies I do have.

*Edit 3: I like honest people, my PM inbox is open for their thoughts and hate-mails.

AnalogKid

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/ignore.php
Heh. The "scoreboard" is awesome. The drama will never end, but at least it'll be a different kind of drama...

Helton

Arcane
How about a "this user is ignoring X posters", somewhere? I'd fine that a much better measure of who I was talking to.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Helton said:
How about a "this user is ignoring X posters", somewhere? I'd fine that a much better measure of who I was talking to.
I've just added a "who's doing the ignoring" table to that page. I'm not sure if I'm entirely comfortable with that being there though...

I'll take feedback now before ignoring the majority and doing what I want anyway. Thoughts?

El Dee

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
I've just added a "who's doing the ignoring" table to that page. I'm not sure if I'm entirely comfortable with that being there though...

I'll take feedback now before ignoring the majority and doing what I want anyway. Thoughts?
I think that table is informative and entertaining but... it could cause problems down the road.I think for now keep it unltil problems arise.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I put some people on ignore just by clicking on what I thought was the quote button. It still shows that I'm ignoring someone but I have no idea whom.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Spacemoose said:
I bet no one can guess who I'm ignoring. hint: its not KC

and whoever's ignoring baby arm - for shame!!

Too bad you can't read this! This is fun. I am ignoring you too in return. <3

spacemoose

Erudite
no its not you jasede. it would be difficult to thwart your nefarious furryistic shenannigans if I didn't read your posts

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It's alright. Half the people I've made "lulz have you ignored me yet?" jokes to have replied "no just Cassidy"

edit- you can't delete in this subforum

AnalogKid

Scholar
Cassidy said:
*Edit: I still have 0 user names to "guess"(If I didn't made a mistake).
Guess you made a mistake, since I read this. I know I could have showed your post and then replied, but I didn't. You're in the strong running for me, since I don't generally find much funny/interesting stuff in your posts (personal tastes, obviously), but my biggest criteria is quantity of spam, and I haven't personally run across your posts often enough to really bother me yet.

Cassidy said:
The question is: Will this turn into a "Ignore-fest" competition where people who "hate" others will ignore them just for the sake of ignorecount++?
I don't see how one can have an ignore-war, since if either one of you is really ignoring the other, everyone wins. However:

@DU: I do love the drama, but it might have longer legs if only the ignored were ranked, precisely so people don't go for "status" by ignoring a bunch of people without any real reason.

Cassidy

Arcane
Heh, sorry AnalogKid, I can never be sure. I'm going more constantly on RPG Discussion lately than ever though.

I look at the bright side, 12 people who probably hate or would not be unwilling to annoy/flame me won't bother me anymore. And Spacemoose... well I don't need to comment. But I still fear this might degenerate into a "I putted x in ignore_list for the LULZ" and lead to community secessions as well.

It would be better if it was a "Ignore this Thread" rather than "Ignore all this user threads" though.

Koby

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
People should be able to see who they ignore and un-ignore them from the their own profile screen (ideally).

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
I put some people on ignore just by clicking on what I thought was the quote button.
Yeah... That's been a problem for me too. I think I might slip the "ignore" button somewhere else that's away from the post options.

<-- Okay, I've just dumped it below people's profile on the left there. Shouldn't cause too many problems with the "Back to top" link.

Koby said:
DarkUnderlord said:
People should be able to see who they ignore and un-ignore them from the their own profile screen (ideally).
Easier for me to code a personal list into that page, rather than to start fucking around in the profile...

Okay, you can now view your personal shitlist by visiting that page and unignore people from there as required.

AnalogKid said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Fucking Nazi.

(or is it still too soon?)
No-one seems too upset that their names are showing up on a list saying they're ignoring people, so I'm inclined to leave it for now.

AnalogKid

Scholar
DarkUnderlord said:
AnalogKid said:
(or is it still too soon?)
No-one seems too upset that their names are showing up on a list saying they're ignoring people, so I'm inclined to leave it for now.
Well, I meant still too soon to make the joke I tried to make. But more importantly, is the "hall of ignore" going to have a link or button or something from the front page or somewhere? Right now I either go to this thread or use the bookmark I created, but I don't know how to get there without either of those crutches. Maybe it's just a secret that noobs will have to figure out on their own?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom