Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Sienna Storm RPG/Card game hybrid

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As I said:

SIENNA STORM, a Kickstarter with a ton of celebrities working on it, including Sheldon Pacotti, Tony Evans, and Alexander Brandon and MCA stretch goals: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1591209713/sienna-storm

Too bad it's this:

2c1f06d28cc1a641563c3fe9d3f943ce_large.png

Sienna Storm is a unique interactive comic-style video game. Every scene is a hand drawn, animated work of art and there are multiple actions points the player may select to progress the game. Dialogues are rich and non-linear, and choices you make throughout the game not only have consequences, but also influence your standings with certain characters and involved parties

There is a fair amount of challenges to resolve such as combat, hacking computers, and tailing an enemies. When you enter these challenges, you play a short strategic card game using a customizable deck.

At the start of each card match, you can modify your deck to best suit the situation, even adding in new cards you've earned over the course of the game. This allows you to pick a strategy – trickery, gadgetry, or straight-up violence – that works best for the mission and your personal play style. But watch out! The matches are dynamic and based on the story, so you never know what new enemies, old allies, or dramatic plot twists are in the cards to keep you on your toes!

What. The. Fuck. I think they've invented a new genre here - the CTE game (Card-Time Event). :lol:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
You cannot blame them for trying something new.

One of my first RPG, was the original Dragon Ball Z game for the Super Famicom. The battles were resolved also via a card game. Each turn, you're given random cards with various attack/defense stats, and sometimes special effects (special attack/"magic" cards). You assigned those cards to each character in your party and then to which enemy you attacked. I liked that a lot, actually.

Renegen

Arcane
Wow, the lead writer of Deus Ex is on this, he made that game what it is. Too bad it looks like the Kickstarter will fail.

Also, lol at the Chris Avellone stretch goal.

Duraframe300

Arcane
You cannot blame them for trying something new.

One of my first RPG, was the original Dragon Ball Z game for the Super Famicom. The battles were resolved also via a card game. Each turn, you're given random cards with various attack/defense stats, and sometimes special effects (special attack/"magic" cards). You assigned those cards to each character in your party and then to which enemy you attacked. I liked that a lot, actually.

Yeah, it was fun.

Though thats nostalgia speaking. Haven't played it in a long time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom