Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daedalic Silence: The Whispered World 2

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Is there a particular reason for choosing the TWW sequel (next to Fire, but which is a smaller game) to abandon the inventory system?
TWW2 will be more accessible. Do they estimate that TWW2 still offers some challenge? Is abandoning the inventory system a deliberate way to make the game easier?
Do they have any little-known fairy tale or light fantasy reading to recommend?
In the future, could they make a RPG which would use a light fantasy or an unusal humourous setting?

[FANBOY]Do they personnally consider that they pay a particular attention to the ending of their games?[/FANBOY]

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The report is up. Didn't have the opportunity to ask any questions, but I trust it may still be informative.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Just noticed this while looking for updates:

1vbF6Xf.png

Look at the genre :lol:

I guess that means there's still hope for The Devil's Men, at least.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

FeelTheRads

Arcane
"I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens."

The question is why would they want to target that audience? They just want to dip in and see what they get and for some reason decided to do that with the sequel to The Whispered World?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:necro:

Steam page with new (I think) screenshots: http://store.steampowered.com/app/314790/

ETA is now Q4.

War rages on. During an air raid, 16 year old Noah and his little sister Renie seek shelter in a bunker. There, not only are they protected from the deadly bombardment, but are also at the crossroads of a world between life and death: Silence. When Noah’s sister gets lost in Silence, he is forced to venture into this idyllic yet threatening world to find her.

Silence, however, bears its own scars of war and suffering. Dark creatures haunt towns and cities and ravage this once serene place between worlds. Only a small band of rebels stands against the looming menace. Now it is up to the siblings to save Silence and its fantastic inhabitants from impending doom and thus also save their own lives.

Join Noah and Renie on their exciting journey through Silence where an emotionally gripping story of contrasts between serenity and danger unfolds. Meet fascinating and likeable characters like Spot, the magical caterpillar who helps Noah and Renie on their way through Silence. And witness when the siblings discover that the only thing that can save them is their love for each other.

• Elaborately designed 3D characters and opulent 2D backgrounds
  • Up 12 hours of enjoyable playtime
  • Three playable characters
  • There will be exciting new characters, but also a reunion with old friends

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
http://store.steampowered.com/app/314790/

Daedalic Entertainment gives some new insight into the fantastic world of Silence and presents the brand new Steam page. Silence will be released in Q4 2016 for PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One™ and Playstation 4™.

War rages on. During an air raid, 16 year old Noah and his little sister Renie seek shelter in a bunker. There, not only are they protected from the deadly bombardment, but are also at the crossroads of a world between life and death: Silence. When Noah’s sister gets lost in Silence, he is forced to venture into this idyllic yet threatening world to find her.

Silence, however, bears its own scars of war and suffering. Dark creatures haunt towns and cities and ravage this once serene place between worlds. Only a small band of rebels stands against the looming menace. Now it is up to the siblings to save Silence and its fantastic inhabitants from impending doom and thus also save their own lives.

Features:
• Elaborately designed 3D characters and opulent 2D backgrounds
• Up to 12 hours of enjoyable playtime
• Three playable characters
• There will be exciting new characters, but also a reunion with old friends​

:M

pippin

12 hours is average for them.

Also the Pillars of the Earth game is being described as "interactive fiction". I wonder if that means they are going to turn the game into some sort of visual novel.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
We're visiting these people again at Gamescom next week. I doubt anybody here has any open questions, but you're always welcome to share.

Modron

Arcane

Also the Pillars of the Earth game is being described as "interactive fiction". I wonder if that means they are going to turn the game into some sort of visual novel.

Hopefully they have grown past their complete the game in one sitting achievement phase. I know they are optional but that stuff always annoys me.

pippin

Hopefully they have grown past their complete the game in one sitting achievement phase. I know they are optional but that stuff always annoys me.

You can save and reload though. The only achievement that really needed you to complete the game in one sitting was the Goal pinup from Deponia 2.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What a shame that such well presented game would be a Telltale simulator. If you want to make a good story with that kind of presentation just make an animated short/full animated movie or something. The animated movie genre is over saturated with talking [object/animal], mostly banal comedy. I am sure people would watch a more tone serious animated film on the theater.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What a shame that such well presented game would be a Telltale simulator.
These days a well presented adventure game can only be a Telltale simulator, otherwise the ROI figures start looking bleak.

I am sure people would watch a more tone serious animated film on the theater.
JvjVgz5.jpg

HO HO HO

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom