Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Looks fun I guess, but.forget about that. Cop Volibear? That's a sale. Same for the troll, if he would come with classic VO. Which he won't.

Renegen

Arcane
I played Kalista a bit on the PBE, her passive is really awkward and she plays differently from other champions and isn't too fun. I can see her becoming sort of like 1000 games Draven mains and their obsession with catching axes. Her skills do a ton of damage, her soul link thing does 12% of max hp at lvl 1. In fact I was comparing her a bit to Varus and her damage to him in a teamfight is very similar, and she has a strong aoe CC on her ult too. I can see her getting nerfed off of that alone, the poor guy won't be better at anything anymore.

Then there's her W ghost wards, she can have permanent vision somewhere with those things starting from lvl 1. Currently they're not targeted by turrets either so you can use them to scout really deep in the enemy jungle from the safety of your own lane and other really weird shit, it looks pretty overpowered.

Erzherzog

Magister
Well.

One weekend. Made it to 50 LP in Silver 2 after winning 17 out of 20 games. Now I'm struggling a bit against opponents that clearly do not suck. Still rocking teamfights strongly but no longer dominating lane. Junglers still suck dong at this level but at least some players here understand the concept of why I am ganking their pushed lane. (HINT: It is the only one I can conceivably get a kill and we will likely take tower.)

People actually go for objectives. I feel that I am out of ELO hell but that actually means I have to try to win these matches or jump in skill again and be able to simply snowball out of laning.

Here we go. Gold V or bust.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lol. "out of elo hell"
There is no way out. Just wait till you get to Gold V. Or even Plat V. Same patterns of players repeat itself.
"hey guise, Im a pro, lemme mid/top"=90% chance of loss
"bros, let us duo bot" = 95% chance of loss
etc etc
Also the classic "counter" pick trap where a player picks a champ that someone said counters the opponent pick but rarely played the champ = 100% chance of getting wrecked.

Renegen

Arcane
The adventures of reaching Plat 5 continue. Remember when I posted that I won 10 straight? I went on straight to plat promos winning 17 straight in fact, then lost all 3 games, then again on my 2nd try... On my 3rd promotion attempt I finally won a game and even went up 2-1, but I lost in game 5 of course. My jungler decided to buy a Sword of the Occult as his 2nd item and told me I didn't deserve to get into Plat. That is despite the fact my mmr is high enough I am usually the only gold in any of my games, ugh, this grind is for nothing more than a border icon but it's a grind worth doing. The jungler? He grinded no less than 1600 games this season, maybe he was such a dick because the climb had changed him. Below are the type of victories necessary to get in plat.

Trigger Warning: Heart attack

I killed all 3 and my team won the 4v2. (also Cho'Gath, yes Cho'Gath carried teamfights really hard, we lost all 3 lanes)
CU6PqGc.jpg
We stopped them at our Nexus with slivers to spare and then won. (we also threw a lot, turns out Rammus initiation is the best thing ever. The Lulu was unable to disengage him)
jgirUCp.jpg
In fact, do you see the 5/13 Azir? He went down 1-2 in his promos after that and lost the next one, here is how he was affected by the attempt.
m0dmhMu.png
Soloque, soloque never changes.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Jesus, how do you time melee attacks?

Bought leesin, can't make the 2-attack-after-spell work ever. Always make horrible non-trades.

There're so many visual effects and sounds going on that can't see what melee does for the life of me.

Erzherzog

Magister
Jesus, how do you time melee attacks?

Bought leesin, can't make the 2-attack-after-spell work ever. Always make horrible non-trades.

There're so many visual effects and sounds going on that can't see what melee does for the life of me.

There's so much that goes into a trade I can't even tell you.

If the want to trade in the middle of your minions it's almost always to your benefit.

Also, if you're missing because they are kiting, try binding "Attack Move" to a comfortable key (I use G) and use that.

Renegen

Arcane
1st Plat promo: 0-3
2nd Plat promo: 0-3
3rd Plat promo: 2-3
4th Plat promo: 3-0

fq9P7Is.png

Finally got my useless shiny border. I even had a pull out an Aatrox top for game 2, shows that being versatile really helps for the climb.

For Melees, you gotta learn how to "kite", which means that you need to know how to click to attack, click to move, click to attack, click to move. Ashe is a great learning tool for that, most people play her on their way to lvl 30. Chaining attacks perfectly is essential for any ad carry and for auto attack based melees.

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Congrats on promo. For melee hard for me to estimate strength before engaging. Champion mechanics are another thing, right.

Some more AI matches showed how attack animation looks to begin with.

Renegen

Arcane
new pre-season 5 patch came out, 4.20.
http://oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-420-notes

The dream is dead, the jungle respawn has gone from 50 seconds to 100 seconds, jungle exp and gold has been absolutely decimated. Why play Nocturne when you can play Xin Zhao? Slow clears are a strength now! Riot is trying to create a false dichotomy between clear time and sustain, they are penalizing those with high clears which (traditionally) had good sustains because they killed stuff faster with literally 4 champions that have slow clear speed but stay at full health the whole time (Warwick, Fiddle, Nunu, Xin ). The most skilless, brainless, dumb, boring jungle champions ever (cept fiddle maybe). Also funny to consider Elise could've been in that group except she's been destroyed and her sustain is kinda crap now. Meh, it's so freaking dumb I'm taking a break from jungle, I can't play a duelist jungle when you get less exp than supports.

Gonna main top for season 5 until everyone complains and things are changed pretty dramatically. I need to improve my mechanics to diamond level anyway, top will be fun. Thinking of Viktor/Aatrox/Yorick/Nidalee as my go-to for the season. What's your goal?

Last edited:

Jozoz

Prophet
My goal is to get Master's this season.

Btw, I think Kalista has the most retarded kit ever. It's completely overloaded with stuff. Especially the passive is just stupid. How will a champion like Garen EVER damage Kalista?

Fucking CertainlyT champions I swear to god.

Renegen

Arcane
Maybe her passive should be cancelled if she's silenced! I bet they will never implement this sensible proposal.

Yeah she looks kind of OP, I saw her jumps on a stream and it's way bigger than what I remember from the PBE. She seems really good in lane too, hard to land any skillshots on her. I guess she's like Yasuo, resourceless mobility just isn't fun to play against. Right now her W also isn't capped against monsters apparently, 2k damage each hit on baron. Her Rend can also outsmite the jungler.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
No idea about Kalista, but to be "fair" a champion like Garen will have a hard time damaging a lot of popular ADCs. I'm sure parts of her will be nerfed before the season hits, like a damage cap vs. monsters on her W.

Almost considering getting her, but then I remember that I don't like the position.

Erzherzog

Magister
Maybe her passive should be cancelled if she's silenced!

What's a silence?

So I decided to make a LatAm North account for the lulz, to maybe pick up a little spanish (I'm learning cusswords at a high school level!), and to learn the preseason changes in an easier environment.

But when my ping was 1/3 of what my NA ping is, I raged. ffs rito.

Anyways for season 5 I just want to improve my farm. I really only went up 20 cs over last season and that's playing as champs like Xerath a lot.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
The terror beneath... Well, that was fast. Is Riot stepping up their champ release schedule again or just clearing up the logjam caused by previous delays? Void sand shark seems more like my cuppa tea than spear bitch though.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
My reaction after seeing the ult? "Oh shit"

I wonder if the tunnels can be seen by enemies. If not, this will be Garen-meme 2.0.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
The new jungle is brutal man. What i don't seem to be able to grasp is the attack movement backwards to avoid the creeps hitting you. I see good players do this all the time but i can't seem to master this, so i take a lot more hits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom