Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Norfleet

I mentioned that, yes. Trying to fence an entire account is something you're probably going to have to resort to eBaying, because an account is not an item that can simply be ported inconspicuously. I now has experience in such matters! Presumably, WoT lacks any loose items, giftable, or otherwise fungible items that you can separate from your account.

Gregz

Arcane
I mentioned that, yes. Trying to fence an entire account is something you're probably going to have to resort to eBaying, because an account is not an item that can simply be ported inconspicuously. I now has experience in such matters! Presumably, WoT lacks any loose items, giftable, or otherwise fungible items that you can separate from your account.

Right, this is why a trusted 3rd-party broker is important. I'm wondering if anyone offers such a service.

Norfleet

I've never even so much as heard of a broker for dealing in used accounts. There's nobody who will give you money for the account with the expectation of selling it later. You would have to sell the account directly using, say, eBay, or maybe that Craiglist thing, I hear they sell everything.

Gregz

Arcane
I've never even so much as heard of a broker for dealing in used accounts. There's nobody who will give you money for the account with the expectation of selling it later. You would have to sell the account directly using, say, eBay, or maybe that Craiglist thing, I hear they sell everything.

So, because you've never heard of something, it doesn't exist?

Norfleet

Feel free to prove me wrong. I could use some new business contacts.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2

baturinsky

Arcane
I don't really get what's the point of buying account. You don't need high tier tanks to have fun. From my experience, sweet spot is at around level 6. And even if you but account, you still have to pay (or farm) to play 9-10 tier, because they have negative round income on average. VERY negative if you are not experienced player.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I should have treasured level 2&3 gameplay instead of loathing it. It was "balanced". The elephant parks I get thrown into as 4 (up to level 7 ffs) is just crazy.

Norfleet

That site looks thoroughly shady. I tried checking it out, it immediately started interrogating me for personal info. Eggy Friend never tried to do this. They make nonsense claims about "respecting my privacy", yet clearly do not, or they would not be asking.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Are european servers also full of

00-unknown-artist-fruit-kvas-19591.jpg

or is it just my over patriotic country members who like to recreate battles like 10 KVs vs 10 KVs

And why are the german tanks all just metal boxes coffins except some in the "light" tree like Luchs

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Are european servers also full of

or is it just my over patriotic country members who like to recreate battles like 10 KVs vs 10 KVs

And why are the german tanks all just metal boxes coffins except some in the "light" tree like Luchs

Back when I still played it was 10 KV-1S'es vs 10 KV-1S'es.

German tanks are metal boxes because the communist devs believe the myths about impenetrable sovietanium and dismiss third-party studies of WW2 guns and armor properties by kwans and brits as "Nazi propaganda".

War Thunder is where its at if you want a more historically accurate damage model. On the flip side, WTs physics are still a bit wonky. (Not nearly enough traction on the ground, tanks powerslide all over the place). Also, WT is srsly missing UK and Kwan tank trees. First kwan tanks should be in the next WT update.

%D0%9C4%D0%901-76-1a-en.jpeg

%D0%9C4%D0%901-76-2-en.jpeg

M-16-Halftrack_en_3.jpeg

%D0%A1%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%8B_000080ru.jpeg

M3lee.jpeg

War thunder certainly has its own slew of problems. But the damage model makes up for a lot in my opinion. You don't have those matches where you're not top tier so you can't damage 75% of the enemy team at all. After the first time a well-placed shot from your StuG III takes out a KV1 in one shot there's no going back to WoT. :salute:

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Well, you can damage anything in enemy team if you choose right tanks, but german L/60 which is main gun in low-mid demands gold ammunition for that. Although you can buy it for in game money, don't have to donate.
For now I play on VK3001 H (big metal box with nice gun), Ausf D (a metal box so big I can't hide behind heavy tanks of my level, but gun), Luchs (weeeeee) and Hetzer (straightforward, but nice), and they can damage anything.
But, soviet tanks forgive just tooo many mistakes. And some of their guns are just bonkers, like 700 dmg on KV2 like waaaaaaat

They say german tanks are good at long range and in brawl but bad at mid range, but most of the fights take place at mid range! :M

On the other hand, brit and kwa tanks seem to be either balanced or very good, and monocle british tanks often look like GDI tanks, like Black Prince and other like them.

roll-a-die

Magister
Considering that's exactly what I hate about Warthunder, yeah, no. The instantly dead syndrome of modern FPS is not something that suits combat in tall boxes with tracks.

In WoT at very least, there's a very high skill cap, but skilled players don't have the ability to 1 shot you 100% of the time at higher tiers. There's certainly a few hell tiers, but at most you generally always have a fighting chance.

And if you're bottom tier and A:Not in a light tank. Or B: Not in something tier 8 but weak in gun(T-44, T69, I could go on, but basically anything with below 175 pen at tier 8.) vs a team of 9's and 10's that are very heavy armor like ST-I's or T95 and Maus' and E-100's. You have to learn to aim better. Find out weak spots, aim for those, learn how to time your shots to your aim time, learn where to hit components for extra damage to modules.

I'm someone whose a tomato stat wise, and even I don't claim that if you are bottom tier you can't damage 75% of the enemy team. In general, being bottom tier just means letting your higher tiers go in and take the hits, while you farm damage on the sides and rear of the enemy.

To shadenaut,

Yeah but once a KV-2 blows his load, odds are you can swarm him. Or move to flank, in the time it takes him to reload, which is around 40 seconds with a stock crew, and 26 with BIA and a rammer.

Each of the soviet tanks that seem OP are balanced by very conspicious weaknesses, like bad camo, lack of turrets, or, low alpha guns, or obvious weakspots.

Really, the main tanks that are generally considered OP at certain tier levels are American, at low tiers, up to about 6, and German, at higher tiers from about 8-10(Rhm, E-75, WT line, E-100). The "Shitbrick" e-100, "Waffle" WT E-100, T-57 Heavy, and Bat-chat make up the main clan wars distributions you see. With assorted IS-7s and soviet mediums if you want scouts and something worse than an E-100. In general, the game is very balanced.

Germany itself has 2 of the best tier 9 heavy tanks on lock. The E-75, 45.02 B and ST-I make up what is generally known as the best in those.

At tier 10, they make up 1 of the 3, with the T57, the IS-7 and the E-100 basically being considered the best.

At tier 8, the best medium is either a toss up between the American T69, The Indian Panzer or the Japanese one that I always struggle to name.
At tier 9 the best medium is literally the soviet t-54, without dispute. It's fucking OP and needs a nerf, and I play it all the time. The T54E1 is also pretty boss though.
At tier 10, it's the Bat-chat, and sometimes one of the Soviet mediums

At tier 10 the best arty is undeniably the Bat-chat arty, being able to close target that well and in that quick of a succession, is really a massive benefit to any team.

At tier 8 the best TD is either the Rhm, with it's turret and general maneuverability, or the ISU-152 with it's speed and massive gun/doom cannon.

At tier 9, the best TD is actually a tie between the americans, the T-30 and the T95, representing the best turreted and unturreted TD.

At tier 10, it's really a toss up, like autoloaders, go german WT E-100, like not being a scumbag, go american, one of the two will serve you well. And one of those two, I can't remember which, also has the best armor in the fucking game, with 330 base when angled at most of the places you're likely to be able to hit when it's positioned to fire right. Like big numbers and paying out the ass for ammunition, go for the FV.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am only at low to mid tier now but the problem I face is, while I have accurate gun, it doesn't do that much damage. I have to aim, cool, makes me play better, but the enemy doesn't have to aim at me at all. All german tanks have a very blocky structure and not particularly great armor. They seem to have a lot of big flat spaces to shoot at.

baturinsky

Arcane
That's why I love AT. They can punish even from the bottom of the list.
Also, if you see that you are outclassed (and not on AT), you can radar and/or try to sneak to enemy artillery.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh nice Wargaming, Tier 3 BT-SV for only 99,99€. That's a steal. I wonder what treasure you'll offer tomorrow?!

(I actually like playing bottom tier most of the time, I am not so pressured into carrying. And tanks I play are perfectly viable even in +2 situation (TD's, mediums and IS/T-29)

But oh god, do the holiday missions attract a lot of retards. My winrate is going down faster than Codex's reputation...

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Thingies and stuffies.

WG.net have said they're 'k with it and it's not cheating.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyone who plays artillery make one step forward, and wait I'll go borrow a big stick
IIRC we need 5+ players with tier 8 tanks to do team battles.
I'm just scrapping level 6
I am also shit at game :negative:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
If team battles are anything like Tank Companies, expect utter and complete rape (I only play on the raping side, naturally :obviously:)

What we really need is a Codexian late night/early morning co-operative.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/12/05/complete-list-of-9-5-ims/

You know, stuffies like this:

• Main– The damage caused, damage received, and damage blocked by armor must be at least 18,000 HP in total.
  • Additional –Survive the battle. Win the battle.
or

• Main– Cause at least 1,000 HP of damage by ramming.
  • Additional –Destroy at least 2 enemy vehicles by ramming.

I'm not proposing anything illegal, of course. Just friendly co-operative spirit.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I'm 90% sure the missions are only for random battles. That said, we can always use more players to join Undead Phoenix in mocking my substandard driving skills :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom