Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Norfleet

I don't have an autism, and I'm currently in search of a new game to strike my fancy, so I could potentially decide to play if it sounds interesting enough.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
As long as we're jerkin' it, how does my Super Unicum Recent WN8 of 3651 compare to yours?

Poorly, I only have smurf/unicum recent thanks to grinding bad tanks.

I did have much better stats when I was doing the WZ-111 grind with stronk players. But guess what? It wasn't much fun. Nor was it fun to play competitive games against top clans of EU. There is so much vitriol and rage that even Codex pales in comparison. Not to mention the fact that I started turning toxic myself... I was winning the games and getting great stats but I wasn't having fun or making friends. So what is the point?

My original point being: comparing dick sizes is pointless, focus more on having fun with your own dick. Wherever people like sticking their dicks is up to them. If your only worth is the size of your dick, you'll live an unhappy life, as a dick can always be bigger, no matter how big it has already gotten. I'm purposefully not posting pictures of my dick here, I've played with it enough to know that it works and that's enough for me. I'm posting pictures of fun fucks. You know, those insanely unlikely ones that occasionally happen. Those times when you have to sexually please an entire primary school cheerleading team by yourself because no-one else in your team can manage an erection. Now, you may disagree with me fucking primary school cheerleaders and may think that it doesn't improve my dick - that's fine. But you have to realize that I am not living the life of dick-worshipping. I too have tried chasing billionaire heiresses with my dick, I know how it goes. But there is a different kind of challenge in trying to fuck a bussload of tiny cheerleaders, you know? Your balls have only so much jism to shoot, after all. And most importantly, it is a fun challenge for me. In those times of awfully lousy polish fucks, one should not judge a man's fuck, no matter the circumstances.

So get off your high horse cock already, maybe go try fucking something different yourself once in a while. Let's keep Codex a measurement-free zone. Docking, not dick worshipping!

Shadenuat

Arcane
Thinking on selling all my level 8's, which are few (Indien Pz, Cat-Tax II, but probably not Ru since whatever, light gonna light and, surprisingly I never get into a negative in credits on Ru as I do on Tiger 2 for example... although when an allied BatChat rushes some good spotting bush basically pushing away your LT I want to throw an exploding round right in his ass)
- It's a meat grinder for 8's, the difference between 8 & 9 and especially 10 which you get thrown to is astronomical, compared to 7 & 8.
- High level gameplay sucks, a lot of crazy boom boom machines, a fuckton of TDs, sometimes there's BatChat or E100 or IS get thrown into the mix, or maybe an american auto loader, often 3 level X arty, sometimes 4 arty. Get spotted > go rest in hangar.
- When you play level 7 generally worst scenario happening for me is a FEW 9's, maybe a third 8's and third 7's. But playing 8 it's often almost half 10's in top.
- It is too much grinding and money, getting tank to top takes too much time, the price for level 8 is doubled compared to level 7, X's cost ~6 mln credits, and without premium it's an ass to get new tanks. I will never level up other trees if I will continue to play level 8. I opened T29 like a month ago, but with all the spending on 8's I still didn't buy it. And I do not use any gold rounds and my panzer girls are on a diet and don't get any chocolates.
- Even if you play just with 8's it's very samy. There's a fucktooon of premiums. People grind for 9 and 10's I guess. Just a recent match up: 2 SuperPersh *on both teams*, Is-6 in squads, Lowe on every team, Type 59 (of course), Wz's, 112/113, 122-44 (of course), an CDC, JgTig 8.8... well it's general idea really. Premiums in squads of 3? No problem, lol. There are really too many prems in the game.

TBH I have no problem with being annihilated in a shot or two or suck on some tank, but losing credits and not being able to buy new tanks is a no-no.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I was a couple of missions away from Chi Nu Kai yesterday with 6h on the mission timer. Zoomed in in TD, sniping enemies. Some retard from my team is butthurt I'm in the spot he wanted to be and drives in front of me while I'm firing. Ammorack, teammade dead.

"Your account has been suspended for 24H for killing a teammate"

:x

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I have a mod that blocks shooting allies.

There is an addon that makes you unable to shoot at wrecks and team mates, you know.
Although it doesn't help if you already made a shot while team mate got into shooting line

I have that mod. It only works if cursor is over ally befor eyou shoot. My shot was in the air and he only took up part of the scatter circle.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I was in VK 3001. It's fat, it's slow, it has paper armor, I was bottom tier. But the Waffe is good for sniping, so that's what I did. And the guy I killed was some french TD that was upset I wasn't up front in the tier 7 brawlfest. :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
3001 H? You blew up ammo with konisch? with a single shot? :lol:
I thought it's generally only possible with high caliber guns

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
They call it the Waffe now, but yeah. I dunno what health he was at before I hit. All I saw was the "BLOWN UP!" text and then screen was greyed out and I got kicked to login :3

3001 H? You blew up ammo with konisch? with a single shot? :lol:
I thought it's generally only possible with high caliber guns
I've blown up a JgPanther in a single shot before. I was in a Chaffee :M

Ulminati is a horrible troll. I've seen him shoot a friendly every time we platoon so I know the ban is good karma.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Ok that's either beyond retarded or bold. See anything? I actually made a successful blind shot into there.

82877583.jpg

82877584.jpg

He managed to do 1k damage on heavies moving in before finally got an explosive round from KV2. Yeah 450 view range on Panther, of much use. Blah.

Yeah yeah I faced hundreds of these little buggers, but that one amazed me still.

OTOH after getting spotter like this

82877607.jpg

I shouldn't be surprised at anything.

Really liked that grasshopper, got my first mark on him recently and farmed some missions. Keeping him if I need something to do passive spotting.

baturinsky

Arcane
Beside spotting, AMXs are good for sneaking/rushing in and razing artillery while enemy is busy slaughthering fighting your teammates. Or even stealing enemy base, especially if there is another light tank to help you with this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom