Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

State of Decay

Atchodas

Augur
Breakdown is actually best at what it is , sandbox zombie survival game .
And yet there was a lot of room for improvement when they made YOSE and all they did was change graphix and add some skins to vechicles and sold it for skyhigh price .. Now they are basically owned by Microsoft .. We will see how good/bad it is when sod 2 launches

Explorerbc

Arcane
Ok bros, I just started playing this (the base game, no DLC or YOSE). Are there any good guides for beginners ?

I am a bit confused as to how to progress in this game. I've only checked a few homes around my base but supplies are full, so scavenging doesn't seem mandatory for now. I also started building an upgrade in my safehouse but next thing they tell me is that we need to move out.

I haven't built any outposts yet and I'm not sure how they work, but is there a point investing in an area if you'll have to move out from? Do you visit all locations in the map following the story, or is it just an open sandbox where you can just pick one and ignore the others to finish the game?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The base/vanilla game is so easy you can just do whatever you want. It plays like a tutorial for the repeatable Breakdown DLC -- that's the reason they keep shuffling you to different homesteads. Play the story, have fun, you'll never run low on supplies, weapons, ammo, or whatever. Characters with 'reflexes' or 'powerhouse' are the best ones to level up since they get extra attacks. Other than that none of the other perks are particularly worthwhile/needed for the campaign.

Last edited:

anus_pounder

Arcane
:retarded: Confused State of Decay with Dead State.

Like Metro said above, Story Mode is tutorial for Breakdown. You start off with a powerhouse character and soon get a reflex character. These two are basically all you need for story mode.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The extra combat moves are handy but nothing required. I didn't even know they existed when I first played the game. Zombies are slow, show up on the radar, and spawn in limited numbers. Only a feral might give you problems but just roll roll roll. Don't bother using shotguns or explosives. Standard pistol/rifle with a silencer is the best option. I remember saving all my good stuff for the last mission and it was absurdly easy. The campaign is poorly designed and a fairly boring experience.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
It's not a bad game at all, but eventually ruined by the console history. There are a few mods that I found quite game changing. I believe one was called Backpacks and Pickup fix, and it allows you to put cargo on pickup trucks.
Another was a fix for the heroes leaving base and never returning, and not last there is a mod that fixes the graphics somewhat (it will still look consolish but not nearly as shit as vanilla).

Anyway, game can be fun for a week or so then there is nothing new.

Explorerbc

Arcane
I just finished it at 12 hours. Nice little game, captured the whole small town zombie disaster feel well. I wouldn't feel inclined to play any more though since it got a bit repetitive near the end.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's not a bad game at all, but eventually ruined by the console history. There are a few mods that I found quite game changing. I believe one was called Backpacks and Pickup fix, and it allows you to put cargo on pickup trucks.

That was implemented into the base game a while ago.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://undeadlabs.com/2016/12/news/undead-new-year/

And all that can mean only one thing: we’re driving toward the release of State of Decay 2 next year, and that will make it a very happy year indeed.

[...]

Plenty of people have asked us to give the community the gift of the SOD2 release date. We can’t do that just yet, but here’s what we can tell you: The release date will be revealed, along with gameplay, systems, and so much more, at E3 2017. So pace yourselves, mark your calendars, and get ready to party with us this June.

Some of you have been here since we first started talking about what would become State of Decay back in 2010. Many more of you joined our passionate State of Decay player community after the release of the game in 2013, or the Year One edition in 2014. You’ve played our contests, posted your hopes and wishes for the sequel, helped new players, shared your greatest gameplay moments via Twitch, and generally carried the torch for us through the quiet years between the latest release of State of Decay and now — and for that, we can truly never thank you enough. I’m happy to tell you those quiet years are at an end. Huge wheels are in motion, and I can assure you 2017 is going to be a very exciting year to be a State of Decay fan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom