Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Steam curators

Unwanted

jcd

Punished JCD
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Bubbles In Memoria
http://store.steampowered.com/curators/

There's this new feature that allows people to create groups of recommended games. Maybe it would be worth it to have an official RPGCodex Monocled™ Games channel for those who need to have somebody to tell them how to spend their hard earned money?

Crooked Bee

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not me, no, but hopefully some other staff member (such as Zed) can do this.

Plus, if I were to do it, it'd be full of stars JRPGs :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://store.steampowered.com/curators/

There's this new feature that allows people to create groups of recommended games. Maybe it would be worth it to have an official RPGCodex Monocled™ Games channel for those who need to have somebody to tell them how to spend their hard earned money?

Crooked Bee

OK, join and follow:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPG_Codex
http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6866630/

Curatorship positions will be given out at our discretion.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Wouldn't it be better to use the old group that is already populated ?

It would. That group was unofficial, owned by a guy who hasn't posted here since 2008. We contacted him and tried to take ownership of it, but Steam is asinine about these things. There's no way to transfer ownership directly.

So, there was no choice but to start from scratch with an official group.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
This...is...actually a good idea. In....site feedback.

:what:

Last edited:

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Should link the recent top 71 RPG games of all time on the page - it would save me from having to find it all the time.
Noted that not all are on Steam but the ones that are should be linked.

Good idea I better get home and sign up.

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
make me a curator and i'll make sure that only bg2, arcanum, fallout 1 and torment are in the list at any given time

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
well, didn't take long for the list to be ruined with dao and warband.
still my reviews are better than your crappy copypasta.

and I told the guys they could remove the dao review. I was just adding games from the top 50.

Morkar Left

Shouldn't you guys just post the results from the codex top 50 rpgs?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
well, didn't take long for the list to be ruined with dao and warband.
still my reviews are better than your crappy copypasta.
do you believe that dao and warband should be on a list of supposedly hardcore oldschoolish non-popamole rpgs?
no, I don't.
the criteria for what games to recommend were not established until now. I thought it would be cool to have our top 70 in there, but I guess it wasn't.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The Recommended list of games should ONLY be Turn-Based. Just IMHO.

In before Bee adds some Turn-Based jRPG to the list. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom