Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Syberia 3

I completed 1 and 2 last year. The story was pretty good and the steampunk world was awesome.
Waiting for Kate to climb ladders and stairs gave a good look at her nice ass, though.

Fixed

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Delayed to early next year:

Paris, October 5, 2016 – Upon capturing the enthusiasm of many players, the Syberia saga is back for an even more ambitious third opus. Every day, Kate Walker’s new adventure is polished by the work provided by the development teams to ensure without a doubt that the fans expectation will be rewarded. However, for the reasons explained below, Microïds had to make the difficult choice to postpone the game's release to Q1 2017.

Syberia 3 is the third opus of a mythical adventure game saga fueled by a rich universe and a strong identity. After the unprecedented excitement we have seen for this game, and we decided to bring even more depth to Kate Walker’s new adventure. "Said Elliot Grassiano, Vice President of Microïds. "We are aware that fans around the world are eager to embody Kate Walker again but we need additional time to provide them with an adventure that can live up to their expectations in this fascinating universe created by Benoit Sokal.”

I am obviously disappointed that Syberia 3 is delayed because we would like to release our games as soon as the storyline is written, but I'm also relieved that Microïds has taken the decision to postpone the game's launch because it is essential to offer players the best gaming experience possible. We decided to add even more cinematics to this new fiction, more optional narrative sequences as well as new languages for the voice-over, which represents considerable work for teams. "Said Benoit Sokal, founder and creative director of the Syberia saga.

Impersonating Kate Walker, players will benefit from a brand new way to freely explore striking landscapes and circumvent their mysteries and puzzles in ways they have not experienced before.

The story begins when Kate is found left for dead on a shore by the Youkol tribe, a nomadic people caring for their snow ostriches during migration. Trapped, prisoners in the city of Valsembor, they will have to find together a way to continue their journey in a chase against their enemies and unexpected challenges. While at the same time, Kate’s past is catching up with her…

Syberia 3 will be available in Q1 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac. It will be fully dubbed in French, Russian, Polish and German with subtitles in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Czech, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, simplified and traditional Chinese. The original soundtrack is composed by Inon Zur (Fallout 4, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia), who has already scored Syberia 2

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
she has a nice butt

dreamfall chapters too. even though the game is trash, zoe has a great butt and we get alot of scenes of her in tanktop and panties

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Positive: Those graphics are pretty

Negatives: Telltale looking dialog, very odd voice-sync (I know graphics whoring, but it's jarring with such nice graphics), a single super easy puzzle (sorry HoboForEternity )

ortucis

Prophet
It better be the best threequel since they are delaying it to polish it even more.

Syberia series is one of the FEW adventure games I actually like. I am not watching any videos, just seen first screenshots they released. Don't like to spoil my games before I play them.

Boleskine

Arcane
Coming April 20 to Europe and April 25 to North America.

About

The limitless imagination of Benoît Sokal continues in Syberia 3, focusing on an entirely new adventure. After abandoning the island, Kate is found dying on the edge of a river by the Youkole tribe, a nomadic people migrating with their snow ostriches. Stuck in Valsembor village, together they must find a way to continue their journey in a race against their enemies and unexpected obstacles, not to mention Kate’s past, which catches up with her.

The next generation in adventure games, Syberia 3 takes you inside an enchanting, mysterious universe full of life for you to explore in 3D. Plunged into the heart of a world inhabited by a cast of interesting characters, you’ll discover and experience a fabulous tale as imagined by Benoit Sokal.

Features
  • A brand new tale, completely different from the first two Syberia games.
  • Exceptionally immersive storytelling, multiplied by Benoit Sokal’s unparalleled artistic direction
  • Explore Benoit Sokal’s poetic universe in 3D for the first time
  • Original score by Inon Zur (Syberia 2, Fallout, Dragon Age, Prince of Persia)
  • Original, real-time 3D puzzles and mysteries

:bounce:

ortucis

Prophet

OK, we know we'll be buying it for the story, but since they went all 3D with it instead of pre-rendered like last time to be all "cinematic".. wow.. I wanna know which potato they are using to run this game.

l5f5Uvv.jpg

The ambient occlusion in that scene is either missing or is barely visible, the box is pretty much floating.

kbNxWE6.jpg

At first I thought it was bad filtering on textures, but I'm pretty sure it's shit DOF transition you see in this zoom out. Oh and notice the pillars in the video losing shadows as the camera zooms out. Quality is maxed out to make these trailers, so expect this shit draw distance on PC. While we're at it, the hilariously bad lip-sync when she says "there's no way I'm going back" made me laugh.

xzzlkbY.jpg

Every single scene has a faded look to it, with some really shitty tone mapping.

This game was obviously designed for consoles, not for PC. For PC, they'd actually have to make an effort to make the game look good up close and personal (the blurry textures is a big sign, nothing to do with the art style).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom