Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Better link: https://www.starbreeze.com/2017/03/...igns-otherside-entertainments-system-shock-3/

Starbreeze Publishing signs OtherSide Entertainment’s System Shock® 3

e722faa4e44e757ff08859feda9a777c.jpg

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (March 14, 2017) Starbreeze AB, an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products, has signed a publishing agreement with Otherside Entertainment regarding the game System Shock 3. Starbreeze will invest $12 million to bring the game to PC and other platforms.

System Shock 3 – The latest in the series of landmark, award-winning games from Otherside Entertainment is in development under the direction of industry legend Warren Spector and a dream team behind such ground breaking games including the original System Shock & System Shock 2, as well as Thief: The Dark Project and Deus Ex.

“System Shock is one of those iconic franchises in the history of games that still gets my blood going and Mr. Spector is one of the founding fathers of the modern action RPG” said Bo Andersson-Klint, Starbreeze CEO. “We’re greatly looking forward to bringing System Shock 3 to players world wide in our collaboration with Otherside Entertainment and Warren Spector’s team. I’ll be first in line to play”.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Starbreeze for System Shock 3,” said OtherSide’s CEO Paul Neurath. They truly get games and gamers, and have been able to translate that understanding into a robust publishing business, and build thriving gaming communities around their franchises.”

Starbreeze will be able to recoup 120% of its full investment including marketing costs. Starbreeze share of revenues will become 50% after the investment is recouped. Otherside Entertainement will retain 100% of the intellectual property relating to System Shock 3.

System Shock 3 is currently in the early concept stages of development. Fans can go to the game site (http://otherside-e.com/wp/games/system-shock-3) to receive updates as they become available.

###

Download the latest press assets for System Shock 3 here: http://www.starbreeze.com/presskit

I don't see any press kit in there.

MuscleSpark

Augur
Patron
It's over, pack it up. Dream is dead.
System Shock Remake: considerably different from original, console game.
Prey: dumbed down with hardcore elements removed, console game.
System Shock 3: Scumbreeze, console game.
:negative:

grimace

Arcane
Better link: https://www.starbreeze.com/2017/03/...igns-otherside-entertainments-system-shock-3/

Starbreeze Publishing signs OtherSide Entertainment’s System Shock® 3

e722faa4e44e757ff08859feda9a777c.jpg

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN (March 14, 2017) Starbreeze AB, an independent creator, publisher and distributor of high quality entertainment products, has signed a publishing agreement with Otherside Entertainment regarding the game System Shock 3. Starbreeze will invest $12 million to bring the game to PC and other platforms.

System Shock 3 – The latest in the series of landmark, award-winning games from Otherside Entertainment is in development under the direction of industry legend Warren Spector and a dream team behind such ground breaking games including the original System Shock & System Shock 2, as well as Thief: The Dark Project and Deus Ex.

“System Shock is one of those iconic franchises in the history of games that still gets my blood going and Mr. Spector is one of the founding fathers of the modern action RPG” said Bo Andersson-Klint, Starbreeze CEO. “We’re greatly looking forward to bringing System Shock 3 to players world wide in our collaboration with Otherside Entertainment and Warren Spector’s team. I’ll be first in line to play”.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Starbreeze for System Shock 3,” said OtherSide’s CEO Paul Neurath. They truly get games and gamers, and have been able to translate that understanding into a robust publishing business, and build thriving gaming communities around their franchises.”

Starbreeze will be able to recoup 120% of its full investment including marketing costs. Starbreeze share of revenues will become 50% after the investment is recouped. Otherside Entertainement will retain 100% of the intellectual property relating to System Shock 3.

System Shock 3 is currently in the early concept stages of development. Fans can go to the game site (http://otherside-e.com/wp/games/system-shock-3) to receive updates as they become available.

###

Download the latest press assets for System Shock 3 here: http://www.starbreeze.com/presskit

I don't see any press kit in there.

What is Starbreeze?

What has Starbreeze published?

Ivan

Arcane
Starbreeze IS dead. The team that made Butcher Bay is no more. They've since made Brothers and published Payday 2 (disappointment IMO, I was hoping for more sim based gameplay, but it went pretty derp)

grimace

Arcane
Starbreeze IS dead. The team that made Butcher Bay is no more. They've since made Brothers and published Payday 2 (disappointment IMO, I was hoping for more sim based gameplay, but it went pretty derp)

Thank you. I had no idea.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Thank you. I had no idea.

Most of the talented folks that made Riddick and The Darkness formed Machine Games, the folks that made Wolfenstein TNO.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Do I get a refund on my Kickstarter? I saw the word streamlined somewhere and nearly emailed right away.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Do I get a refund on my Kickstarter? I saw the word streamlined somewhere and nearly emailed right away.

What Kickstarter? Are you thinking of the System Shock reboot, where it was never a secret it was going to be multiplatform?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.facebook.com/warren.spector/posts/10212272767037216

It's true. It's happened. It's here. It's now. The System Shock 3 team at OtherSide Entertainment has found a home. Our new publishing partner is... Starbreeze Studios!

https://www.starbreeze.com/…/starbreeze-publishing-signs-o…/

I really can't imagine a better partner than Starbreeze. Everyone I've met with there has been great. Their enthusiasm for System Shock is off the charts. They're not just a publisher - they actually make games, so they "get" development (probably better than I do!). And they have a ton of experience in areas I don't, so I'm going to learn a lot. I'm so psyched I've even been teaching myself a little Swedish! (Thanks Pimsleur Language Programs)

The System Shock 3 team and I have been concepting and doing light prototyping for a while but now things really get started.

Be careful, insect, SHODAN's coming back and she has plans for you...
[/quote]

Latro

Arcane
I'm doubting you've even played it. It's a good game, especially as far as modern games or Shock spiritual sequels go (cough Bioshock). It's no System Shock, but very few games are on that level of brilliance. It's more inline with a traditional survival horror, which is by no means a bad thing.

Bioshock = 5/10
Dead Space = 8/10
Shock 2 = 10/10

Dead Space is 6 or a 7 game at most, SS2 is 9/10 because of crappy end game.

Only SS1, DX1, UU are the true classics.

RoSoDude

Arcane
I'm doubting you've even played it. It's a good game, especially as far as modern games or Shock spiritual sequels go (cough Bioshock). It's no System Shock, but very few games are on that level of brilliance. It's more inline with a traditional survival horror, which is by no means a bad thing.

Bioshock = 5/10
Dead Space = 8/10
Shock 2 = 10/10

Dead Space is 6 or a 7 game at most, SS2 is 9/10 because of crappy end game.

Only SS1, DX1, UU are the true classics.

System Shock 1 is awesome, and I'd even argue its visuals, music, and (for the most part) level design hold up, but the core gameplay really doesn't. The shooting, controls, and actual mechanics are functional at best. There's nothing deeply wrong with the actual concepts, but the execution is pretty basic. I'm not trying to hold that against a game from 1994, but I don't think it really compares to SS2 or DX1, which modern games have only surpassed in polish and basically nothing else.

I don't know whether the fact that I only played these games in the last few years counts for or against me. What I'm saying is that I think the "true" classic games just need a little tweaking and polish to prove utterly superior to modern games, while some titles like System Shock 1 need reworking of dated design to be on par (even if it they are excellent in other aspects). Since I have no nostalgia for these games, I'd like to think I can assess that somewhat fairly.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
System Shock 1 is awesome, and I'd even argue its visuals, music, and (for the most part) level design hold up, but the core gameplay really doesn't. The shooting, controls, and actual mechanics are functional at best. There's nothing deeply wrong with the actual concepts, but the execution is pretty basic. I'm not trying to hold that against a game from 1994, but I don't think it really compares to SS2 or DX1, which modern games have only surpassed in polish and basically nothing else.

FAKE NEWS

You mean SS1 can't compare to SS2, the same SS2 that was almost gutted compared to its predecessor when it comes to mechanics and complexity?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom