Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TERA Online beta registration

Repressed Homosexual
http://www.tera-online.com/node/958

http://tera-europe.com/en/home.html

For North America and Europe, respectively.

This one looks quite interesting. Action combat, player-regulated government, and probably the most gorgeous environments ever created for a videogame.

Seems like it will come out in late Spring.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Actually, in an MMO, I think I prefer when the game is set up to be an incredibly long and difficult grind, so long as there's new shit to do along the way. It keeps the morons away from the later stages of the game, since they tend to give up once the awesome button stops working.

The worst part about WoW is that every last drooling retard can get to the level cap all by themselves with no problems. There's no fucking difference in average skill/knowledge/outlook/behaviour between a total newbie and a level capped player.

Renegen

Arcane
Interesting knowledge/outlook you have there on MMOs. May I suggest Maplestory?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I actually ike the idea of those shitty little Korean action mmos. They strike me as being very very player driven. But I've never found one that didn't lag like shit/crash horribly.

They lost me at "monthly subscription".

Mm hm. With Fallen Earth, Allods Online, COH (might as well be City of Villains for me...play a Hero...wut), Realms Online (for that modern Dark Age of Camelot feel) and Everquest II or Lineage II...really don't see a point in paying anymore.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Seems like fun action by yourself:

But looks more like typical MMORPG tanking without dodging in a party:

zeitgeist

Magister
DDO. Has no grind. Can't be played solo.
Zing.
Depends on how you define grind, endless raid repetition and reincarnations seem pretty grindy to me (due to the same content being repeated over and over and over again).

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
From the website:

A New Breed of MMO

TERA takes the fight beyond whack-a-mole monotony with enhanced aiming, dodging, and tactical timing to create intense and rewarding combat. Unlike other MMOs, you can use your controller or keyboard and mouse to control the action like never before. With all the depth you expect from a traditional MMO, plus the intense gratification of action combat, TERA changes all the rules.

The plot thickens.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
From the website:

A New Breed of MMO

TERA takes the fight beyond whack-a-mole monotony with enhanced aiming, dodging, and tactical timing to create intense and rewarding combat. Unlike other MMOs, you can use your controller or keyboard and mouse to control the action like never before. With all the depth you expect from a traditional MMO, plus the intense gratification of action combat, TERA changes all the rules.

The plot thickens.
Which means, TERA will be what KoA:Reckogning tried to be and patetically failed, but with tons of races, classes, places, content and insane graphics. Do want.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Why? Because every one has shitty boring tab targeting MMO combat. Some twitch combat that relies on aiming is a breath of fresh air (well, if it's good in other areas too, because DCUO also had good twitch combat let down by everything else).

They lost me at "monthly subscription".

Mm hm. With Fallen Earth, Allods Online, COH (might as well be City of Villains for me...play a Hero...wut), Realms Online (for that modern Dark Age of Camelot feel) and Everquest II or Lineage II...really don't see a point in paying anymore.

Yeah but TERA has three things those other games don't have; strategy, positioning, and timing. Not your typical derp derp auto-attack spam spam retardation.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Friend of mine is in the beta and he said the combat is definitely it's strong point. Of course, it's still going to be subscription based which is why I have zero interest in it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Of course, it's still going to be subscription based which is why I want to enter the beta and play the shit out of it without paying.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I did the WoW thing for a couple of years and, ultimately decided MMO's weren't worth a monthly fee. Maybe this one will provide content at a faster pace to justify it but I doubt it. I'm happier using that money to buy a variety of games via Steam or GOG or whatever and experiencing different genres rather than the same ol' stuff for ten or so hours a week.

Gerrard

Arcane
I played last weekend, and I also got the Amazon pre-order for full beta access key. Which I plan to cancel later.
It's fun, but not 15 bucks per month on top of standard 50 bucks fun.

Quests are terrible though, vast majority is literally the most generic "Kill X monster/Collect Y stuff". It's also a bit too easy at the beginning.

Maybe this one will provide content at a faster pace to justify it but I doubt it.
Seeing how it has been out in Korea for a year and they haven't done any substantial updates so far... yeah. And I don't consider the upcoming patch being worth a year of subscription.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Wait a minute, this is a korean MMO ? Thats it, my interest just fell to 0. I always thought the stereotype of Korean MMO-grinding was overblown. Then I played a few of them...

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Congratulations! You were selected to bolster our troops on the Island of Dawn!
This key enables you to take part in the upcoming closed beta weekend from 17. to 19. February.

:yeah:
I think I'm gonna do a short LP for you BROs. ;)

EDIT: No, I probably won't even be able to play the fucking game, since the download is insane 24 GB! My haushuahsiausa BR internet wont be able to download that until the weekend...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom