Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The Codexian darwinian struggle against the Temple of Decline (ToEE Co8), MEATSHIELDS INQUIRE WITHIN

Hellraiser

Arcane
toee_title_sp.gif

The Codexian darwinian struggle against the Temple of Decline: a ToEE Co8 semi-Ironman

INDEX

Chapter I: First Blood
Chapter II: Bogged down, in a good way!
Interlude: Fate works in mysterious ways
Chapter III: Magnificent carnage
Chapter IV: For whom the bell gnolls

Semi-Ironman? Sounds like popamole :decline:

What it means is, that reloading is only allowed after the whole party gets killed. However, unlike the previous prestigious gentlemen LPing this, stats are rolled. Only once obviously, so the casualty list should be high. The reason for this is simple, I want to possibly finish this. We may still end up with a situation where it will be totally impossible to avoid getting the entire party killed and I will need to admit defeat at the hands of the temple of decline. However until that moment, we should see lots of codexers dying and/or performing feats of major :incline:
Oh and that way we won't be seeing the fucking moathouse all the fucking time.

Fucking Co8 how does it work?

Dear codexer and/or shitposter, Circle of Eight adds new content (read: more shit that can kill our 2 CON wizards by sneezing at them). Furthermore it allows us to :incline: this LP by having additional 3 SPESHUL party members and a level 20 cap (which will never be reached, however if somebody does survive past level 10 he fucking deserves the extra levels).

I WANT TO BE A MEATSHIELD!

Sure thing, just post the following:

Class(es): If you want to multiclass, outline at what levels you want to level which class. NO PALADINS (see alignment)
Race: Untermensch or ubermensch, the choice is yours
Stat priority: From highest to lowest, the roll values will be applied to the stats in the order you want them to be applied.
Sex: Prestigious gentleman or tranny.
Alignment: Must fit a TRUE NEUTRAL party. So it must be neutral good, neutral evil, true neutral, neutral lawful or neutral chaotic.

If needed add a worshiped deity, otherwise I'll pick one for you myself.

Your username will always be used as the characters name, it may be shortened if needed.

Example:
Class: Barbarian/Fighter W(lvl1),B(lvl2-7),W(lvl8-10), B(lvl 11-20)
Race: Human
Stat priority: STR>CON>DEX>WIS>INT>CHA
Sex: Gentleman

In before min-maxers start bitching about an example. :rpgcodex:

SPESHUL party members?

But of course! One cannot refuse to include shitposters and/or distinguished codexians in a LP.
The Party will be 5 Codexers. The first five people to post class/race/stat priority/sex get in, new ones will be added when either of those 5 dies. There will also be 3 SPESHUL party members (thanks to the magic of being able to swap NPC slots for more PC slots in Co8).

Vote for TWO SPESHUL people you want in out of the list below:

Andhaira, the desert ranger - chaotic neutral human ranger dual-wielding scimitars, will specialize in fighting whatever beasts are closest to djinn. STATS: DEX>CON>STR>CHA>WIS>INT

Liberal, master of thievan in the night - neutral evil Russia-hating bow-wielding halfling rogue. STATS: DEX>INT>CON>WIS>STR>CHA

BLOBERT, BRORIOR - true neutral dwarven fighter with a two-handed hammer of BRO. STATS: CON>STR>WIS>INT>CHA>DEX

Volourn, pretty princess - chaotic neutral cleric of R00fles! STATS: WIS>CHA>CON>STR>DEX>INT

Skyway, the raging barbarian of Urkanistan - Lawful Neutral half-orc. STATS: STR>CON>WIS>DEX>CHA>INT

Hiver, the white knight - neutral good protector of maidens, wannabe paladin (cleric with some fighter levels since the party is true neutral). STATS: STR>WIS>CON>INT>DEX>CHA

Chefe, master illusionist - chaotic neutral wizard specializing in illusions/summoning/whatever, high bluff and acting skills. STATS: INT>CHA>WIS>CON>DEX>STR

Scottish Martial Arts, the everchanging. Tranny half-elf druid focusing on shapeshifting (true neutral of course) STATS: WIS>CON>INT>STR>CHA>DEX

Prosper, the mad gnome. Chaotic neutral bard (see a pattern here?) STATS: CHA>INT>STR>CON>DEX>WIS

Kingcomrade, the kaiserin monk. True neutral. STATS: DEX>CON>INT>STR>CHA>WIS

Black Cat, the self-exiled human sorceress. She will be casting stuffies and charming. STATS:CHA>INT>WIS>CON>DEX>STR

Cleve, prophet of ITZ, Lawful neutral dwarven druid. STATS: CON (titanium bones!)>WIS>INT>CHA>DEX>STR

nomask alt, elven templar of the north. Evil neutral tank fighter. STATS: DEX>CON>STR>CHA>INT>WIS

Higher Game, the gnome hating necromancer. Evil neutral elven wizard. STATS: INT>WIS>CON>DEX>CHA>STR

Jimbob, the halfling DONG bard. Chaotic neutral. STATS: INT>WIS>CHA>CON>DEX>STR

Lyric Suite, the manliest of elves. Evil neutral marskman ranger. DEX>CHA>INT>CON>WIS>STR

It is possible to suggest other speshul characters based on codexians. However, I may find the suggestion to be shit if it lacks LARP-based parody (or for other reasons) which will make me ignore it. Oh and you will need at least two people supporting your idea for it to be considered.

If somehow I roll stats too low to fulfill a class requirement (CHA for sorcerers etc.) using the stat priority you picked, I will roll them again up to 3 times. If the 3rd attempt still produces a too low stat value, that character is out and the next person's character gets in. The same applies to the SPESHUL characters. Only in their case the next character is picked based on the amounts of votes obviously.

tl;dr - 5 codexers, if one dies he gets replaced by the next person to post a character after the last one. 3 speshul characters, if one dies you vote on the next one to be added.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Hoverdog,
a halfling
male
rogue/warrior,
neutral evil,
stat priority DEX>STR>INT>CON>WIS>CHA
focus on decline two weapon fighting

edit:
I vote for PROSPER and BLOBERT

Mrowak

Arcane
Another one... God I should finally start doing those updates for my ToEE Co8 LP, in case you outrun me. :p

But don't have the LARP powah needed... Yes, I am lauzy LPlayer like that. :(

Anywayz, I vote for Black Cat and Jimbob, of course. Everyone else (except Suite and Hiver [but who wants paladins in ToEE?]) is pure :decline:

Edit: Ah, yes... Reading comprehension phailure...

In that case:

Mrowak
human,
male,
wizard (Conjuration specialization),
Neutral,
Stat priority: INT>CON>DEX>WIS>CHA>STR
Spell-focus: Conjuration, + Item Crafting feats.

Renegen

Arcane
Fuck you mrowak, fuck you hard. I wanted to be a wizard. And a dragon. I never lent my name to any LP so I will shamelessly provide mine immediately.

Renegen
elf
male
Sorcerer (abjuration spells first)
Chaotic Neutral
stat Priority CON>CHA>DEX>INT>WIS>STR
skill focus: Give me some social skills so I can be the silver tongue of the party. Concentration>Bluff>Tumble>Diplomacy
feats: Start with Improved Initiative.

I vote for Volourn and Skyway (if we have to vote...?)

Mrowak

Arcane
Fuck you mrowak, fuck you hard. I wanted to be a wizard. And a dragon. I never lent my name to any LP so I will shamelessly provide mine immediately.

Renegen
elf
male
Chaotic Neutral
skill focus: Give me some social skills so I can be the silver tongue of the party.

Judging from how fragile wizards are at low levels, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't make it past prologue.

Lindblum

Augur
Class: Barbarian
Stat priority: CON>STR>DEX>WIS>INT>CHA
Sex: Gentleman
Neutral

Meat Shield! Beefcake!

Renegen

Arcane

Renegen
elf
male
Chaotic Neutral
skill focus: Give me some social skills so I can be the silver tongue of the party.

Judging from how fragile wizards are at low levels, I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't make it past prologue.
That's true. Moreso for me since I'm an elf (-con, -1 feat) but I need to LARP as an elf.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The true neutral prologue is rather casualty-free IIRC, even for a 2 CON wizard.

Oh and remember to vote for your SPESHUL companions. There will be 3 of them in the party if you like it or not, might as well pick those who you think might contribute.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
class: cleric
race: human
stat priority: WIS > CON > STR > DEX > CHA > INT
worshipped deity: Pelor
aligment: Neutral Good

Class: Idol Bard.
Race: Elf.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.
Stat Priority: CHA>INT>DEX>CON>WIS>STR.
Sex: True lady of awesomeness and unmatched refinement.

And I vote for Black Cat. Nah, that would be dirty even for me.

Running Fox

Educated
Queued
lFE9F.gif

name: Running Fox
class: Rogue or Necromancer, no multiclassing, deal with it, pick which class serves you best at join time
race: Human
stat priority: power game it yourself
worshipped deity: Myself?
aligment: Neutral Evil

Add PROSPER!

Random

Arcane
Patron
Class: Warrior
Stat priority: DEX>CON>STR>WIS>INT>CHA
Sex: Manly Man
Alignment: Neutral Good

I vote for Black Cat and Andhaira.

Stygian Lurker

Liturgist
Stygian Lurker

Barbarian
Half-orc
Male
Chaotic Neutral
STR>CON>DEX>WIS>INT>CHA

Vote for Black Cat and Blobert

Peter

Arcane
No Codexian party would be complete without BLOBERT and Jimbob.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Alright, since jimbob didn't bother posting a character he'll be SPESHUL. He got 3 votes after all. Pope Amole II will be our 5th non-SPESHUL codexer.

BLOBERT and Black Cat also join the party. We also have hoverdog, Mrowak, Liblum and renegen. With luck, expect an update soon even if it is a bit late. Otherwise it will be posted tomorrow.

BTW did I mention I am totally going to skip the boring Homlet quests (outside of the "kill spiders" one) and go for the new Co8 pre-moathouse dungeon? :troll:

JagreenLern

Erudite
Patron
MCA Project: Eternity
JagreenLern
Male human
Neutral Evil
Theocrat(cleric) of Godless Communism(Nerull)
WIS<CON<CHA<INT<STR<DEX

I vote to make myself speshul for left-wing larp:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom