Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Dark Knight derps: Telltale's QTE Interactive Batman Movie

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Has Telltale done a game in their history that was totally original and not using a beloved franchise to sell the game?
That's why they're called Telltale Games and not Inventfranchise Games.

Andhaira

Arcane
Wow, a batman game with no fighting. Especially after the quality Arkham Series (shennigans for Arkham Knight aside)

How stupid do you have to be to buy this piece of shit from this piece of shit company.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Meanwhile at Telltale...

718.gif

Cromwell

Arcane
What makes me sad is not that this will be shit, but the fact that when TellTale announces a new adventure it always reminds me that there is stuff I would love in adventure Game form, but now it won't happen since these guys get to shit on the material.

---

Arcane
New pics:

batcave_batmobile_1920x1080_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

bruce_selina_1920x1080_jpg_1400x0_q85.jpg

Judging by the logo, it seems that they are already planning sequels ("TellTale series").
I like the cel shading in videogames, especially in a comic-book game like this one (I don't really appreciate Batman's helmet, though).
But it's TellTale, so I'm already lowering my expectations :negative:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'll grant you Telltale's products really aren't games, adventure or otherwise, but they can still be enjoyable.

Who the fuck keeps buying this shit?

I do.

In the sense that I spent $8 on pretty much their whole library on Humble

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I liked the The Wolf Among Us,will buy it at a 66-75% sale after all the episodes are out like I did with the previous ones

---

Arcane
I liked the The Wolf Among Us,will buy it at a 66-75% sale after all the episodes are out like I did with the previous ones
I'll probably try pirate that one, a lot of people say that it's probably their only decent product.

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Tales from the Borderlands is also supposed to be one of their best too,but I haven's played it yet

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Neither have I but I got it as an impulse buy during a sale,haven't played it yet though

BTW,they need to make the batsuit's ears bigger,they are too small in the pics

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Are they still using that same ancient engine? That thing is bursting at seams at this point.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tales from the Borderlands is also supposed to be one of their best too,but I haven's played it yet
Well, never played Borderlands, I think that I'll pass :?

FWIW I found Borderlands 2 boring and never finished it (haven't played Borderlands 1 or the Pre-Sequel either), but I think Tales of Borderlands is Telltale's best interactive movie yet.

orcinator

Liturgist
Player Borderland Tales recently, it ended up not being as cringey and memes as I expected from a Borderlands title (though there were still some memes and cringe moments) and the writing was decent for the most part.

I still regret actually playing it instead of watching it on youtube since the gameplay is a miserable pile of segments where you just hold forward for a minute or two, QTEs, QTEs that can't be failed, and my favorite: QTEs that don't even result in a different animation if you fail them.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Can't wait for "Batman use your ultra awesome detective skills by pressing X on this blood pool.". Instead of watching a decent batman cartoon where you actually see Batman doing interesting stuff, they will cram alot of boring chase sequences for you to press X or connect the dots alot then you will go on crime scenes and press W to watch batman walking around looking into things and mumbling inanities to himself every time you press X. There will be the obligatory cinematic face punching sequence that on a comic book would take four squares and jump ahead for the conclusion but on this game will take forever as it is new opportunities for you to press X and connect the dots even more. I don't even hope TellTale to not reuse the popular batman tropes and do something unique as this game needs to sell for 12 year old children that aren't tired of them yet.

It will probably be Joker breeding a new race of supermutants or poison Gotham with gas again, Batman will foil the plot again and another derivative product make its millions letting the investors happy so the cycle can continue.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So when did Telltale go from semi-competently making Lucas Arts adventures (the Monkey Island and Sam and Max games weren't bad, some episodes even pretty good) to making interactive movies?

DeepOcean

Arcane
So when did Telltale go from semi-competently making Lucas Arts adventures (the Monkey Island and Sam and Max games weren't bad, some episodes even pretty good) to making interactive movies?
Happened right when they release of Jurassic Park The Game, shit had gone downhill from that. Only hope people get tired of this shit and stop buying so TellTale is forced to make real games again for a living.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom