Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Ok guys I caved and picked this up and jesus fuck why didn’t they add omnidirectional rolling???????

Really sucks considering all of the cheeky “huge dude who can swing through a wall while chasing me down a narrow hallway” crap they pull. Trying to roll straight backwards and instead rolling to the right off a cliff is NOT FUN :argh::argh::argh::argh:

That said I got to anor londo in under 2 hours so I still got it dudes :dance:

(PS this game’s the easiest in the series by far)

L'Montes

Educated
I don't trust 4chan as a source at all, they get off on bullshitting about this kind of stuff. Anything other than "based in a not-recent flavor of Japan" seems like speculation, and some flavor of "souls" gameplay is just good guesswork based on the fortunes of the company at this point. It could be a Tenchu/Otogi/Kuon reboot (though the latter wasn't even a series), but have so little resemblance to the original that it's not worth mentioning. Being a Kadokawa subsidiary now, they actually have access to a lot JP-based IP based on their publishing as well I'd think.

And, even if the rumors are accurate, anything we potentially see at E3 may have little resemblance to the final title as well (knowing how E3 trailers and final releases go). Anyone remember when everyone thought Bloodborne was a werewolf hunting game? That a small set of "trick" weapons would have tons more variety in movesets/gameplay than the "samey" larger number of weapons in Dark Souls?

It'll still be interesting to see whatever gets pitched at E3 (if From does show anything). I'd definitely temper your expectations to not directly expect "Dark Souls with more uchigatanas" or something like that though.

Don't want to be like the Fallout community, shitting themselves over that Fallout 76 business.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"More open than the Soulsbornes" is not really good news. More open necessarily means more horizontal which in turn translates in more boring.

praetor

Arcane
guys, look at it from the bright side... if it will be Soulsborne with more katanas, at least the balance will be decent from the start 'cause everything will be uchis and chaos blades :)

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
guys, look at it from the bright side... if it will be Soulsborne with more katanas, at least the balance will be decent from the start 'cause everything will be uchis and chaos blades :)
They should go full troll and put in just a couple of long swords/rapiers that straight up wreck everything.

Don't worry, it's FromSoft, we WILL get trolled.

I also expect rare legendary weapons obtainable only after huge amount of time, effort and gold...which will be noticeably worse than normal weapons available from the startzone merchant.

Silva

Arcane
So, Dark Souls was Berserk, Bloodborne was Lovecraft, and this is Ninja Scroll?

7HQIaHHGg-rDcaZlcAtq_tE4hNajDl95uA-H7nssHarIWM7lKRhjTRhrdgmJmcVxKaPv=w350-h421-nc
:bounce:

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"More open than the Soulsbornes" is not really good news. More open necessarily means more horizontal which in turn translates in more boring.
What? Ds1 was the most open and vertical.

Depends on what they mean by "more open" - the not chopped up by loading screens open or the "see that mountain - you can climb it" open. The second one just means bigger, which means less vertical.

Silva

Arcane
Just stabed Ingward in the back in my way to Lord Kaate. Best time to be a Darkwraight with so many noobs in Remastered.

But I'm afraid my dps is too low for 4 Kings.
:negative:

slymer

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I forgot what a pain in the ass the Titanite Demons are. Gave up trying to kill the one after the blacksmith with my +2 scimitar. Probably have to resort to cheesing him with a bow as usual.

Tancred

Learned
?? They're easy. Just hug him close on his left side and watch out for that overhead impale move.

DemonKing

Arcane
I love the noobs in the remaster. I got summoned last night by a guy that immediately decided that charging the Hellkite on the bridge between the Undead Burg and Parish would be a good idea...

Wunderbar

Arcane
I love the noobs in the remaster. I got summoned last night by a guy that immediately decided that charging the Hellkite on the bridge between the Undead Burg and Parish would be a good idea...
maybe he wanted to get to the bonfire near sunbro statue.

Tancred

Learned
?? They're easy. Just hug him close on his left side and watch out for that overhead impale move.
on NG+ they will gangrape you, if your dps isn't high enough.

I was replying to the guy talking about Titanite Demons :), got too many painful memories of NG+/++ Four Kings to ever call them easy.

On another note - does the remaster make it possible to buy unlimited Gold Pine Resin from a vendor or do players still have to farm them from mushroom men?

Silva

Arcane
Am I a bad human being for invading noobs in that last portion of Sen Fortress, right after that last pathway?

Playing a Darkwraight so I'm just role-playing anyway.

:troll:

Oh, and I never played around with this covenant before. Sucking humanity of opponents unexpectedly feels soooo good. Got 4 humanities in one hit with Dark Hand yesterday. The guy must have been pissed. Lol

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
In theory that works fine, until they do their super jump into a 180 degree slam dunk that one shots you. I found that if you aren't in the exact right place, their attacks can still hit you as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom