Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
zenymax.png

zenymax2.png

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
/buys MMO
/complains about repetitive questing.

And... 'Justice System?' Seems like they have no clue where they're going to take this abortion. Zenimax is just happy they conned idiots out of a nice profit from box sales. Game is essentially abandoned now.

The guar looks almost the same. But what's with the handsome giant? :lol:

solo play is the new massive multiplayer online experience, all glory to TESO.

being able to play an MMO solo = flawed design.
An MMO shouldn't be group raiding hamsterwheel anyway.

A proper MMO would be a gameworld populated mostly by players and gameplay fueled mostly by player interactions - groups duking it out, deals taking place etc.
Some careers would be naturally better suited for soloing than the others, of course if going solo, many challenges would have to be avoided and a group could make you their bitch in no time.

Having to sit on the ground for thirty minutes until an appropriate group shows up is annoying, you need to be able to solo some stuff.

RK47

Patron
Chest Issue

I thought the solution is pretty clear - when a chest content is taken:
- Gold is automatically split
- Item quality above Green is automatically rolled Need/Greed

But it's too hard to figure out and ESO is a living, ever-evolving game. So you need to give them time to involve.

:roll:

RK47

Patron
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/How-Play-Elder-Scrolls-Online-With-Controller-63159.html

It's surprising that ZeniMax didn't include gamepad support for the PC and Mac versions. After all, they've been developing PS4 and Xbox One versions as well so they clearly had controllers in mind when they put the game together. Maybe they'll patch in controller support for the PC and Mac after launch but that feature might be at the end of a very long to-do list for the development team.

Cadmus

Arcane
Bethesda have no idea how MMO works

That's what you get for your carebear "nonconsensual PvP is grieeeeefing!!!1" MMOronisms - you can't even stab annoying fucktard in the face.
:M
solo play is the new massive multiplayer online experience, all glory to TESO.

being able to play an MMO solo = flawed design.
An MMO shouldn't be group raiding hamsterwheel anyway.

A proper MMO would be a gameworld populated mostly by players and gameplay fueled mostly by player interactions - groups duking it out, deals taking place etc.
Some careers would be naturally better suited for soloing than the others, of course if going solo, many challenges would have to be avoided and a group could make you their bitch in no time.

I like the exploration aspect of MMOs but hate the gameplay.
Play proper TES - you'll still get to do both while only paying once.

Why playing ESO when you could play it's moddable, subscription-free sibling called Skyrim?
Fix'd.

Not to mention MW or DF.

I nominate this page as more entertaining than TESO.

:thumbsup:
Foregone conclusion.

It's like they've never played an elderscrolls game before. Massive asset reuse is precisely why those games are the size that they are.
The only TES games that recycled assets to the degree ESO allegedly does were Daggerfall (due to its size and generated nature) and Oblivion.

Sure, there has to be asset recycling if you do something large, but not in the form of copypasting the entire sections of the dungeons or duplicating whole dungeon layouts.

So, is it dead yet?

Lineage 2 Lineage 2 is the best is the best.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They always struck me as stupid. Granted I have no idea whether or not people wore them in combat historically-speaking but it seems like it would be a bad idea to have something trailing from you as you hack your way through enemies.

Modron

Arcane
They always struck me as stupid. Granted I have no idea whether or not people wore them in combat historically-speaking but it seems like it would be a bad idea to have something trailing from you as you hack your way through enemies.

Yeah I never understood the whole must have cloaks thing either; ideally you would shed those the second a fight was coming your way, I guess it would be cool if you could wield them in your off hand but that would not really make much sense until firearms have made shields uncommon.

Modron

Arcane
Usually they don't look cool in RPGs because devs never bother to make sure each and every cloak does not clip with every armor especially when dealing with games that have character customization.

PS edgy answer: go back to playing Batman.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Exactly. Combat-wise it offers almost no advantages that would counter numerous drawbacks.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Real-world cloaks may not offer an advantage in combat, but magical cloaks are a thing in fantasy and could easily have benefits that outweigh the drawbacks. Also they look cool, and it's not like The Elder Scrolls is supposed to be a realistic setting - if you took out everything that's cool but impractical, you wouldn't have much left.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom