Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last of Us

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wonder if this is just another movie with some mediocre gameplay thrown in a'la Uncharted

Uncharted 3 came with my PS3. I have never in my life seen a worse "game". They are actually selling a movie as a game- a bad movie that they added some horrible QTEs into. This is like those shitty FMV games from the 90's again, except without any game, just "waggle the stick", "shoot that guy", "press X, then Square". And people are buying this. Did everyone already forget how terrible FMV games were? This is the same shit! Godawful; and people rate this crap highly with a straight face. Brain cancer. It's gotta be.

On the bright side, Gamestop bought the copy I got for free with my PS3 for 37$ (!).

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sold it, really? Could have kept it in case something awesome and unexpected does come out near the end of its life-cycle. But you probably don't have that much time on your hands to play games anymore.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Less is more. I can do without all these exclusives at this point. With the exception of Demon's Souls and MGS4, there wasn't really any other title where I'd have said "Wow, that was totally worth getting a PS3 for".

But when you sell that shit for 200 EUR back on ebay you can buy a bunch of PC games instead. I'm not into this TPB stuff.

WalmartJesus

Learned
I do find the whole "Cordyceps fungi infecting/controlling humans" concept kinda cool...but at the same time Naughty Dog might turn them into typical zombies but with cauliflower heads.

I'm cautiously optimistic towards the Last of us.I'm hoping the game delivers in Survival Horror gameplay like "Limited Resources and inventory to manage" so you have to think what the best course of action is in order for the protagonist to survive instead of just a scripted cinematic action adventure game aka Uncharted:Zombie Apocalypse edition...but my cynical side is telling me to "not hold my breath"

At any rate,I have more interest in how this game turns out than Resident Evil 6.

CorpseZeb

Learned
After RE5, I don't think anyone have any hope for the RE6. The same goes for Silent Hill's series, serious jump over the shark after SH:Homecoming (of course, some of purists says SH really ends after SH4, some bet on the SH3 and group of peculiar, strange, shadowy figures, without a proper moral fibers, spit out the terrible truth, that SH series ends right at the SH2).

Ps. Fungus are really cliché thingy - they are similar looking to the brain and melted cheese, so welcome to the golden age of special effects of horror's of late 80's.

Ps2. ... and really, female heroine of zombie survival game, without... y'know... "the proper female"... look? That is not right. That is totally anticlimactic.

A user named cat

I got a free PS3 and been checking out some upcoming games to see what's what. This was one of the games I came across, did anyone watch the gameplay demo?

I hope one day we can get some games that feature all the little, natural and more "human" things this has - from the AI reactions (such as running out of ammo) to the various ways you can take down an enemy, without it being incredibly scripted and automated which I'm sure this is. The AI does look stupid though when it comes to the whackamole bits, completely exposing themselves to gun fire.

A user named cat

Go get Demon's Souls and MGS4 if you want something worthwhile for your PS3.
MGS4 has plenty of cutscenes too, but at least there are also some good gameplay sections.
Oh I already have 10 games that I received with it from a friend. MSG4 was one of them but I haven't delved into it yet. Been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum, Motorstorm Apocalypse (multiplayer online) and Red Dead Redemption. Played some God of War 3 which is pretty impressive and would be such a better game without the damn constant QTE's. They really put a taint on an otherwise cool action game.

I'll be grabbing Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, Gran Turismo 5 XL and Valkyria Chronicles soon enough. Then maybe I'll try Demon's Souls and Little Big Planet later on, maybe Castlevania and Tales of Graces F too, if only for the battle system. I saw there's a Sherlock Holmes game coming out too that's like LA Noire but more of an adventure.

J1M

Arcane
The only way this would be interesting is if there were far more slow moving zombies than bullets and no effective melee weapons. Too bad console limitations mean you won't have more than a dozen enemies in any area.

Bony

Learned
Queued
New trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gmn52szE9k

Interactive zombie B-movie with a bodyguard simulation of Ellen Page?

The_Last_Of_US_New_Ellie_5.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I got a free PS3 and been checking out some upcoming games to see what's what. This was one of the games I came across, did anyone watch the gameplay demo?

God, what "gameplay" are they referring to ? That was a goddamned cutscene with glorified QTEs. Are the uncharted games like this ?

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

God, what "gameplay" are they referring to ? That was a goddamned cutscene with glorified QTEs. Are the uncharted games like this ?

No.

The Uncharted games pad out the rest of their running time with the blandest of popamole, stick to knee high wall, gunplay.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Why is this a thread in RPGCodex considering we all know each's others tastes and we know pretty much what to expect from that game ?
Making a thread about a popamole game in an anti popamole forum asking for everyone's opinions ? Brilliant.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

No.

The Uncharted games pad out the rest of their running time with the blandest of popamole, stick to knee high wall, gunplay.
Uncharted is popamole TPS done right. Stop lying about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom