Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Order: 1886, the new 5 hour movie from Ready at Dawn Studios

Machocruz

Arcane
You've got a medium where you can do anything your programmers can enable, and you have Tesla. And the best idea they can come up combining these two factors is...guns again. Makes The Prestige look like a work of creative genius.

buzz

Arcane
I like beefed-up historical figures with magical powers and super inventions and shizzle :oops: probably my favorite part in Lionheart was meeting Shakespeare.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I like beefed-up historical figures with magical powers and super inventions and shizzle :oops: probably my favorite part in Lionheart was meeting Shakespeare.
What Shakespeare magic power was? Kill illiterates with 16th century english prose and poetry?

kain30

Cipher
so this game is going to be a very long QTE??? a game for non-gamers... no thanks, it´s not for me

DeepOcean

Arcane
Nikola Tesla, from a genius inventor to comic book cliche hero... yeah, I'm truly impressed with this development. What is next? Einstein cover shooting and throwing black holes from his ass?:lol:
Leonardo DaVinci helping out a fledgeling assassin.

...Oh wait.
At least he just fix some shit for you and go away, now Machiavelli jumping from a fucking tall tower on a haystack cart, now THAT was more DERP... I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes, the developers play the scene as straight as possible, what makes it even more hilarious.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Considering that Naughty Dog is working on the Last of Us 2 ... it means that I will have to buy a PS4. Fuck this world.

Edit: ... or rent one.

:troll:

Cazzeris

Considering that Naughty Dog is working on the Last of Us 2 ... it means that I will have to buy a PS4. Fuck this world.

Edit: ... or rent one.

:troll:

Why the fuck would anyone want to play watch a shitty popamole movie?

If you're that stupid, use Youtube. For fuck's sake.

omega21

Arcane
Will there ever be a good steampunk game, I wonder. probably not, as the "themes" of steampunk are often nothing more than nice visual backdrops and thus used all the time by talentless hacks. Which is a shame because I can imagine good historical games with steampunk backdrops.

:Flash:

Arcane
Will there ever be a good steampunk game, I wonder. probably not, as the "themes" of steampunk are often nothing more than nice visual backdrops and thus used all the time by talentless hacks. Which is a shame because I can imagine good historical games with steampunk backdrops.
:updatedmytxt:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
i have never figured out what that emote is supposed to mean :M
updatedmytxt.gif

DraQ

Arcane
Nikola Tesla, from a genius inventor to comic book cliche hero... yeah, I'm truly impressed with this development. What is next? Einstein cover shooting and throwing black holes from his ass?:lol:
Leonardo DaVinci helping out a fledgeling assassin.

...Oh wait.
You've got a medium where you can do anything your programmers can enable, and you have Tesla. And the best idea they can come up combining these two factors is...guns again. Makes The Prestige look like a work of creative genius.
Speaking of Tesla - has any of the :outrage:bros read Dukaj's ( :obviously: ) "Lód" (Ice)?

*Now* you can rage fully.

A horse of course

BLOODY SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

Codex needs a victorian :popamole:

Last edited by a moderator:

omega21

Arcane
Goddamn, in medias res beginnings always spell "lazy storytelling" to me.

Also, holy shit, the game is boring and the player is bad

Last edited:

omega21

Arcane
I just want a fucking proper steampunk game that isn't ruined by gimmicks. A proper story, such as a political thriller, with that asthetic would be something I'd pay for.

Too bad we have cinematic low frame rate instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom