Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

kaizoku

Arcane
This was actually a nice move from them in order to get some more money, which I assume (from the DFA docu videos) they'll want to invest in DFA game.

kaizoku

Arcane
The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles is now on GOG.
It's a prequel.

If anyone plays it, let us know if it's good.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
A demo of Critter Chronicles is available on Steam. Haven't played it yet, just spreading the news.

kaizoku

Arcane
free point'n'click adventure game for android phones, by Pendulo studios (I'm guessing this is probably just the 1st chapter, while the remaining ones will be paid)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bulky.Yesterday
edit, here is the premium version (full version?): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bulky.Yesterday.premium

6sf-NLaJWmWjdNcfgCJ1_zxxbkND-faDYVTEAa0ePH4GRNSQsZcFKSvPxBFk_wUiUVc

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Guybrush Threepwood

Remember this fellow? When the Monkey Island protagonist was first created, he didn’t have a name. So, his file was merely called “Guy.” The artist responsible for turning the character into a two-dimensional animation, Steve Purcell, added “brush” to the character’s filename to show that it was the Deluxe Paint “brush” file for the “Guy” animation, saving the character as “guybrush.bbm.” The developers began to refer to the character as “Guybrush,” and it stuck. His last name, “Threepwood,” was inspired by humorist P. G. Wodehouse’s Threepwood family from his Blandings short stories.

http://www.flavorwire.com/363367/th...the-names-of-8-famous-video-game-characters/7

heh that was amusing.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

Some animator did a scene from Monkey Island (I thought it was very well done). I don't like Guybrush though.

Modron

Arcane
Some animator did a scene from Monkey Island (I thought it was very well done). I don't like Guybrush though.

What is the significance of that flower drawing (under clip on the clipboard) fringe used it as well in its series finale and I know I have seen it before that.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Oh man, thank you for sharing this. Now im going to stalk him and try to convince him do "A Pirate Meant to Be" from 3!

BTW anyone heard of The Dark Eye:Chains of Satinav? Started it yesterday looks good so far, ye'olde point&click aventure.

url

the-dark-eye-chains-of-satinav-362048.jpg

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
paging kaizoku

GOG released Richard & Alice yesterday. I just completed the game and it's got some great writing in there, especially in the interactions between Alice (mother) and Barney (kid); the story on the whole is terribly bleak and depressing. As for puzzles, the game has them, but most of the solutions are obvious. I strongly recommend anyone who likes a good story to get this, but note that it's on the short side - took me about 3-4 hours to complete it. No regrets though, all things considered after completing the game - it was money well spent.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
"We've announced that we're doing a second season of The Walking Dead. That's going to be a big part of what we're putting people to work on this year," Connors told IGN. "Right now it's about figuring out the right way to approach the story, the right way to handle this that's going to work for what we're trying to accomplish and give it legs. Certainly we believe there are more stories to tell in 'The Walking Dead's' universe. The show continues to be huge. People understand what we're doing. We're going to continue to work on it. It's a rich world for what we're trying to do. We still have a lot of ideas to explore in that world."

Beyond "The Walking Dead," Telltale's long-awaited adventure game based on Bill Willingham's "Fables" (announced two years ago) is still in the pipeline, but it won't be named after the long-running DC/Vertigo series.

"We're based on the property, but we'll have a new name," Connors said of "Fables." "We haven't announced it yet. We're still hammering it out. We want to make sure that people know it's associated with the DC comic and Bill's work and everything else. It's delicate. But it won't be called 'Fables.' With 'Fables,' or the game associated with the comic 'Fables,' it kind of… 'Walking Dead' has had a huge impact on the company as far as how we look at things and how we do what we do. We're taking a lot of what we learned from that and making sure that 'Fables' can execute on the same things. That's taking longer. But we're definitely in full production on it. We're working hard. It's coming together really well. We'll probably have more to talk about on it pretty soon, with a name and everything else, in the near future."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43739

Cool name

Arcane
What is the significance of that flower drawing (under clip on the clipboard) fringe used it as well in its series finale and I know I have seen it before that.

It is a tulip. Generally speaking in the 'language of flowers' tulips are seen as signifying that something is renowned or does possess great value. Particular colors of tulip do also have a more specific meaning in a context that can be understood as romantic or intimate: Red tulips are a declaration of love in general, yellow tulips a defeatist declaration of doomed or uncorresponded or otherwise impossible to attain love, and white tulips do declare a kind of ideal and pure and eternal and selfless love. A variegated tulip (a tulip whose petals do show two colors) is different in that it is actually a declaration of admiration for the beauty of her eyes when given to a girl. The white tulip is the odd one out as its significance is not so widely known and not many 'language of flowers' dictionaries do mention it. Some do actually claim it is the white tulip that does hold the meaning of something being of great value but I am not so sure as that meaning is kind of implicit in the general meaning of something being of great importance and renown. A less referenced meaning for white Tulips is that of innocence and purity, which does kind of fit with the meaning of perfect poetic love.

In the context of the video you did reply to I would asume it does hold the meaning of value, as in 'to show one's worth' or similar, as it is related to tests and stuff.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Apparently, Matt Clark told a Swiss/German gaming site that Bracken Tor would be released this year, in the fall or winter.
http://www.gbase.de/pc/news/9048/Bracken-Tor-Der-Status-53947.html
On a personal note, I believe the title will benefit from a end of/post summer release. The games time setting is during a December/Christmas period; the dark and snowy haunted landscapes would look better without the bright warm light of summer beaming through gamers windows. (Matt Clark)

:bounce:

A simpler answer than Agassi's would be that it's just a reference to Fringe. And you might not remember, but it was used in an episode of a previous season as a plot device or whatever.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Infamous Quests · 1,234 like this
2 minutes ago ·
  • We're looking into how to make Quest For Infamy require that you connected to IQ servers, and then not letting you play the game when we launch it. I understand this is a feature of gaming now, and we're excited to add this new feature to our games in the future!

:troll:

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Infamous Quests · 1,234 like this
2 minutes ago ·
  • We're looking into how to make Quest For Infamy require that you connected to IQ servers, and then not letting you play the game when we launch it. I understand this is a feature of gaming now, and we're excited to add this new feature to our games in the future!

:troll:

Uh, yes - for $10.00, you'll get the code to skip to the next part of the game. For $25.00, you'll get the sword of Dipshithia which will kill any monster in one hit, except for the second to last guy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom