Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I'm interested but cautious of endless dlc milking …

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath

They've been releasing content updates pretty much every month and it's likely that will continue. They've said that the updates will probably cost in the €/$ 5-10 range.

Multi-headed Cow

Depends on how they handle it, but even in the event you DO want all the mission DLC they add it sounds like that'll still run you $5-10 a month instead of $15 a month for a normal subscription. And of course if you buy it during December you'll get the issue 5 content for free.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Wait , is it free to play , or do I still have to buy the box?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Is this game dead yet? Or is it alive and kicking with active players?

The B2P thing seems to have brought in boatloads of people, I haven't seen this many players online since launch. No idea how many will stick around, though.

Multi-headed Cow

Are you kidding Metro? I can barely play this on account of my non-stop erections from all the zombie tits a-floppin' in this game.

SW_nudity.jpg

header_issue_one-612x337.jpg

Yeah! YEAH! :greatjob:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I tried one of those free weekend trials, but i just could not deal with the combat and quest mechanics, the first being a jerky mess... the second making no sense how the game handled the quest log and how limited you were while accepting new quests. Has it changed in the mean time? for the better?

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
I tried one of those free weekend trials, but i just could not deal with the combat and quest mechanics, the first being a jerky mess... the second making no sense how the game handled the quest log and how limited you were while accepting new quests. Has it changed in the mean time? for the better?

No, the combat and quests are still pretty much the same as a few months ago.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
sadly this looks like a yet another theme park mmo. With innovation being no class system

Yep, TSW is a themepark - a very good one, in my opinion, but there's no permadeath, full looting or anything like that, the only death penalty is a small repair bill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom