Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
They also made Enhanced Player Experience pack, which contains Issues 5 through 8, available to everyone for purchase and not just new accounts. So if you wanted an upgrade from what vanilla offers and are willing to fork out 19,99 for it now's probably the best time to do so. Available until the 31st.
I wish their account page wasn't so goddamn obscure. I don't even know which issues I already have unlocked. :mad:
I have all and still see them in the itemshop (some for 0 points). Their account stuff was always shit (I remember missing a massive bonus for AoC because I bought a normal 1 year sub instead of using a special button which wasn't working).

Lolz, I've spent over 800EUR on Funcom.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

They also made Enhanced Player Experience pack, which contains Issues 5 through 8, available to everyone for purchase and not just new accounts. So if you wanted an upgrade from what vanilla offers and are willing to fork out 19,99 for it now's probably the best time to do so. Available until the 31st.
Thanks, been waiting a while for a deal on those issues.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wish their account page wasn't so goddamn obscure. I don't even know which issues I already have unlocked. :mad:

If you don't see it under Special Offers and Upgrades it probably means you own it. Also, there's no confirmation email or anything for purchases so payments sections is all you have to go on. I also wish there was a better way to check it other than entering the game and getting free Issues from the store in case you already own them.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Taking a break from blingzillas:

B7FD4CA5E5126D1F6FE3C9B5BA6DF7AF35C57D6B

Quatlo

Arcane
Its -66% on steam and my friend is telling me to get it.
Is it gud? Worth 10 jewros?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you like great stories, and can deal with basic MMO combat and grind? If yes, buy it.

Quatlo

Arcane
Getting it now then.
Is it still being developed at least slowly? Or its just game left to its own devices waiting for slow death?

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Getting it now then.
Is it still being developed at least slowly? Or its just game left to its own devices waiting for slow death?
It's getting larger content updates roughly every 2 months, there are power weekends and seasonal events with unique missions (voiced and with original assets). Not long ago there was a new playfield released, we're weeks from next big story update which should also have some kind of a randomized dungeon mode.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Getting it now then.
There are constant content updates (called issues) released. There were around 10 or so developed so far.

Norfleet

"Issues" is a very unfortunate name for such a thing, since in the rest of the gaming world, "issues" is the term for "bugs and server failures".

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Issue 11 should drop one of the following weeks and that will wrap up the Tokyo storyline. I read somewhere Funcom has the storyline figured out up until issue 24 so I hope they can keep on delivering quality content at the current pace.

Name

Cipher
Issue 11 should drop one of the following weeks and that will wrap up the Tokyo storyline. I read somewhere Funcom has the storyline figured out up until issue 24 so I hope they can keep on delivering quality content at the current pace.

Nice, that would be another 6 years, given Funcom's tendency to run their MMOs for a really long time it's actually quite realistic.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Nice, that would be another 6 years, given Funcom's tendency to run their MMOs for a really long time it's actually quite realistic.
Dunno about Anarchy, but since last year AoC kinda stalled. They're taking old dungeons and adding Unchained modes, they've added achievements and more social stuff... ah fuck it, if I would be still playing, I would be happy as fuck about it :)

TSW is a different monster - every mission pack and event has new content with cutscenes and voiceovers, there are new assets and shit. And it's still engaging, because it's consistent and advances the plot while still adding new mysteries. The further into the game, the better - Transylvania and Tokyo are the best IMO. The quality just goes through the roof compared to other shit.

Last edited:

Quatlo

Arcane
Holy shit this game is great, I cannot believe I missed it because random internet wow fanboys were constantly shitposting about it.
The uctscenes are fenomenal, the characters are goofy and rememberable, I don't know why but I sometimes get the old GTA vibe from them, especially when they notice that you are constantly silent.
Investigetions are something I espcially like, no handholding and you feel self rewarded for doing them (the one with symbols in grimoire and latin quotes was bit tedious however)
And you say it gets only better? I guess I found new mmo to play.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Glad you like it. :) It is really a unique and interesting game among the MMOs.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Holy shit this game is great, I cannot believe I missed it because random internet wow fanboys were constantly shitposting about it.
The uctscenes are fenomenal, the characters are goofy and rememberable, I don't know why but I sometimes get the old GTA vibe from them, especially when they notice that you are constantly silent.
Investigetions are something I espcially like, no handholding and you feel self rewarded for doing them (the one with symbols in grimoire and latin quotes was bit tedious however)
Cool that you got the "silent protagonist" lulz. Not only silent, but naive, awkward and a bit dim. I think the constant exploitation of this is hilarious (when someone is explaining shit and your character is nodding so hard and making faces) and fits the idea of
basically being a battle exoskeleton for a mechanical bee
Of course there was a thread on the official forums where people condemned it. These people think they're tough as nails, but also cool and romantic jamesbonds. And that Gaia was made for them and nothing makes sense if humans were to go. Dreaming Ones would be facepalming with their massive, transdimensional tentacles... if they would care.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Investigetions are something I espcially like, no handholding and you feel self rewarded for doing them (the one with symbols in grimoire and latin quotes was bit tedious however).

That quest gets an awesome follow-up in the Hell Dimension dungeons though.

The Fall of Tokyo (which contains issues 9, 10 and 11) is 50% off on Steam by the way. Issue 9 has some of the best missions in the game, haven't started 10 yet.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
That quest gets an awesome follow-up in the Hell Dimension dungeons though.

The Fall of Tokyo (which contains issues 9, 10 and 11) is 50% off on Steam by the way. Issue 9 has some of the best missions in the game, haven't started 10 yet.
Everything is tied to everything in TSW :)

5-mans have some critical lore fragments.

KevinV12000

Arcane

Yup, it's one of those instances where the conventional wisdom is dead wrong. This game sparkles with wit and intelligence, and its voice acting deserves a damn Oscar, it's so good as compared to the others. Plus, where else in the MMO world could one have to brush up on one's Morse Code or re-acquaint onself's with the works of the monk Jerome?

but there's a shitload of content. damn, i played close to 100 hours and all i got was reaching the desert, the second area.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom