Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
For me, it's just going to be the Steamlink and the Steampad. For cheap play over wifi (probably in 480p for fast games, 720 for the rest), once in a while, it's now at an acceptable price and will replace a console.
You are going to need to connect the steamlink to your computer with an ethernet cable.

Dexter

Arcane
Banner Saga is currently on sale. Reviews on Steam seem very positive. I have the sequel for free from the Humble Bumble Monthly subscription. What do people here think?
I liked it very much overall, was definitely a positive surprise though I didn't expect much, and after finishing the first part I actually bought the 2nd right away without waiting for a Sale and played that too, although it's weaker overall it was still okay and I'd have gone for the 3rd part too if it was out already:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-banner-saga.69595/page-32#post-5079183
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-banner-saga-2.95730/page-10#post-5082568

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was hoping for a big Nier Automata sale but still got myself few games.

Heat Signature, from creator of Gunpoint a game which I recommend to everyone.

Cortex Command, heard good things about this and its cheap.

Ultimate General: Civil War, needed some strategy fix and this looks interesting, man when will GoG get Civil War Generals 2.

Orange Box, bought it because its cheap

Eador Series Bundle, I didnt have Eador. Imperium or dlc and with bundle both cost me less then if I bought them separately.

Overall a decent haul with Gary Grigsby's War in the East that I bought during Black Friday sale.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
My purchases for this sale ended up being:

Primordia
Oknytt
Invisible Inc + DLC
The Quest
The Stanley Parable
Solarix

Of which I bought Solarix for myself, and the rest for my mate who's old enough to remember the classic adventure games, enjoy turn-based games and despise first-person shooters... but is a little out of touch with today's games, so I figured I'd help him out there. I think I did alright.

Almost all of the above games are about 75-90% off, so give them a try if you haven't.

Solarix is 80% off BTW, and if you buy it you get another game with it, Planet Ancyra Chronicles, which seems to be a sequel to Solarix.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
For me, it's just going to be the Steamlink and the Steampad. For cheap play over wifi (probably in 480p for fast games, 720 for the rest), once in a while, it's now at an acceptable price and will replace a console.
You are going to need to connect the steamlink to your computer with an ethernet cable.
No. Merely to my router.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Divinity Original Sin 2
-10%
Larian ain't gonna join this circus

And it's enough to get a higher position in global top sellers:

ATp0MqI.jpg

Also They are Billions with same 10% discount.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Is Spellforce 3 good?!
About Spellforce 1 and 2, think Warcraft 3 but with simplistic RTS mechanics and a little deeper RPG mechanics, the RTS part is too simple to be interesting and the RPG part isn't all that deep. Spellforce 3 however is worthy a buy, while still having some of the issues of the older games, they did a really good job on the campaign, the game is surprisingly well written what wasn't the case at all on the previous games, I think you should check it out and you will get some really fun campaign, it isn't a competitive RTS though, so if you are into that, you will be disappointed.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I bought:
7.62 High Calibre packed with Brigade E5: New Jagged Union (1,74€), Bomber Crew and Westslingers.
Also gifted Vigilantes and Caves of Qud to little shits that won't probably never play those.

Kinda disappointed that Valkyrie Chronicles wasn't on sale.

Latelistener

Arcane
I wonder why this game performs so bad. Less than 50 (?) reviews. I kinda thought aesthetics alone will make it an indie hit.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Fuck me. (Drunk post)

I wanted to buy stronghold crusaders HD, but bought just the plain stronghold HD by accident. I sent in a refund request... Then sent in a cancel refund request 30 seconds later because it was retarded to refund a good $1.50 game... I still wanted crusaders for its AI skirmish, but didn't want to put another small charge on my card so I added Age of empires 2 HD, IWD EE and morrowind.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Godamnit... I was going to get the classic dark eye trilogy. Maybe I'll get the 2 drakensang games also... Oh fuck I need to stay off stem when I'm wasted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom