Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hand to hand combat with a alien sounds wrong :/

ciox

Liturgist
Weird, I felt AVP 2010 was better than CM, like it had slightly less dumbed down gameplay / silly bosses / other weird interruptions. Talking only about the Marines campaigns.

AVP Gold is also 75% off, get on that if you somehow haven't already.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
AvP (1999) is gut, but you might want to hunt down the patch that restores the original cinematics from the non-Gold release. Because of that I recommend getting the GOG version of AvP instead of Steam.

AvP2 would be swell to have with modern amenities, but is sadly in legal limbo. (Good thing I still own my boxed copy.)

AvP (2010) has Lance Henriksen in it, looks better than the previous two AvP games... and that's it for the positives. The Marine campaign feels off, the Alien campaign was weird and the Predator campaign didn't even interest me (unlike in AvP2 where it awesome fun).

Aliens CM is utter total shit. It's the kind of shit where you think your bathroom trip is going to be a normal one, but after 35 minutes on the can your asshole is still bleeding and you're forced to call HazMat to help you flush away the eldritch horrors you've spawned.

Go play this instead. It's free and even has split-screen two-player mode.

Jigawatt

Arcane
My like for Aliens outweighs my disdain for Pitchford unfortunaly, so he can have my 3 Euros.
Good news! Randy only gets 2

559fd9c86dc88.png

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Ended up buying Endless Space 2, but I just refunded it. All my fears and complaints I had expressed about the game before it was released came true. I'll just go back to enjoying Endless Legend so I picked up the Tempest DLC for it, which is the last DLC that I didn't own.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Contemplating getting Papers, Please. Anyone here who's played it? Is it any good? Steam reviews say yes, but steam reviews always say yes.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Contemplating getting Papers, Please. Anyone here who's played it? Is it any good? Steam reviews say yes, but steam reviews always say yes.
It really is excellent. If you're at all interested, grab it nao.
Great, thanks! Roughly how long would you say it is? I'm expecting it to be fairly small, but it looks like it could have a lot of branching.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great, thanks! Roughly how long would you say it is? I'm expecting it to be fairly small, but it looks like it could have a lot of branching.
There are lots of different endings but I found I was satisfied after just one playthrough. I got 6+ hours out of it. But if you are broke and don't have a million other games to play I bet you'd find this fun for several playthroughs.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
There are lots of different endings but I found I was satisfied after just one playthrough. I got 6+ hours out of it. But if you are broke and don't have a million other games to play I bet you'd find this fun for several playthroughs.
I'm not, and I do :M
Turns out it was on sale on gog too, so I ended up getting it there. Suddenly I'm in the wrong thread :P

Last edited:

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Ended up buying Endless Space 2, but I just refunded it. All my fears and complaints I had expressed about the game before it was released came true. I'll just go back to enjoying Endless Legend so I picked up the Tempest DLC for it, which is the last DLC that I didn't own.
I've requested a refund too. It's mind boggling how they've made Endless Legend so much fun, yet Space fails so bad. Let me know if you want to do multiplayer achievements, I'm 4 away from 100% it, but I think only 1 or 2 are multiplayer.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Is Lost Horizon 2 really as useless as the reviews say? Screenshots look pretty nice, and I really liked the first game.

janior

Arcane
Patron
AvP (1999) is gut, but you might want to hunt down the patch that restores the original cinematics from the non-Gold release. Because of that I recommend getting the GOG version of AvP instead of Steam.

AvP2 would be swell to have with modern amenities, but is sadly in legal limbo. (Good thing I still own my boxed copy.)

AvP (2010) has Lance Henriksen in it, looks better than the previous two AvP games... and that's it for the positives. The Marine campaign feels off, the Alien campaign was weird and the Predator campaign didn't even interest me (unlike in AvP2 where it awesome fun).

Aliens CM is utter total shit. It's the kind of shit where you think your bathroom trip is going to be a normal one, but after 35 minutes on the can your asshole is still bleeding and you're forced to call HazMat to help you flush away the eldritch horrors you've spawned.

Go play this instead. It's free and even has split-screen two-player mode.
I strongly recommend playing this https://alien.chaosforge.org/ very tense and gets alien atmosphere right.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Weird, I felt AVP 2010 was better than CM, like it had slightly less dumbed down gameplay / silly bosses / other weird interruptions. Talking only about the Marines campaigns.

AVP Gold is also 75% off, get on that if you somehow haven't already.

AVP 2010 isn't bad, it's not as good as AVP2 but it's "decent." I'm a bit of a fanboy for Aliens, so I thought AVP2 nailed the immersive aspects of playing the Alien campaign best. But I did have some fun with 2010, the Alien gameplay itself is probably the best of the bunch but you didn't go through the various stages which detracts from it immensely.

Latelistener

Arcane
AVP 2010 MP was totally ruined by "fatality" animations.
Basically, when you're killing someone from behind and waiting for an animation to end, someone is already behind you preparing, so as someone behind him...

3CPc.png

Last edited:

Nuclear Explosion

I am considering buying Day of the Tentacle Remastered since it is 70% off. I have never played a point-and-click adventure game before. Is it a decent starting point?

I am considering buying Day of the Tentacle Remastered since it is 70% off. I have never played a point-and-click adventure game before. Is it a decent starting point?

It's pretty fun, and not laced with too much unfair BS, like some others. I managed to complete it without any walkthroughs back in the day, so it's not too difficult either. It's somewhat of a sequel to Maniac Mansion, which you could actually play in game in the original, if I recall correctly. I dunno if that's possible in the remaster though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom