Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This War of Mine is bretty good

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I think the coolest thing about this game was the fact that nobody saw it coming from 8-bit studios. I mean Anomaly was okay but you wouldn't say that they would make a wartime civilian live themed game after that. Maybe every bad and mediocre developer has a good game in them if they would be given the right circumstances, the same way Double Helix made Killer Instinct when they were finally given a chance to make something other than shovelware.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there a tutorial about for making custom characters? I heard there was an editor but couldn't find any other than an in-game one. Might be fun to have a band of Codexian psychos hanging about and getting mad with each other for kill-stealing and what not.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
bbb4f1a44fe796877974c46504833ee09f09400e.jpg

So a week since the release and still no thread? Not many Codexers are fans of surviving it seems.

Ever heard of FO4?!?! We survive just fine thanks.

Black

Arcane
Is there a tutorial about for making custom characters? I heard there was an editor but couldn't find any other than an in-game one. Might be fun to have a band of Codexian psychos hanging about and getting mad with each other for kill-stealing and what not.
If you manage to do it make an LP.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you manage to do it make an LP.
Once I figure it out, sure.

Beggar

Cipher
I'm not sure if I like the core of this game. If you just scratch the surface, its intriguing, depressing, etc. But when it comes down to the whole mechanism, its just a management. I was screaming like a little girl out of excitement when I got my shotgun and just went killing old people to get access to their refrigerators. But the game thinks its a bad thing as my roommates got depressed, did not eat, did not cook. The fuck they care, that's my business how I manage to get food.
The same problem for me is with Beholder

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
One of the free games on PS+ this month including the little ones DLC.

I probably restarted a hundred times trying to learn the mechanics. I was determined to make it to the end of the war with the default scenario of Pavle, Marko, Bruno.

I made it to the end of the war finally using only 2 rat traps, 1 simple heater and 2 rain collectors. I did just fine using only meat and no vegetables. Fed my guys every other day (3,5,7,etc). The rugrat got canned food every other day.

About 2/3 of the way through, somebody dropped off their little rugrat and I had to take care of her also.

I got 3 good endings and 1 Karma ending (guy couldn't find his family after the war) for the characters.

I only upgraded the workshops 1 time each...so I never got into moonshine distilling and vegetable gardens and other crap like that.
I did the put everything in 1 pile on the first visit and then cleaned up on the next visits, never had stuff in my single pile disappearing.

Pretty OK game. Might try again now that I have all the other characters unlocked. But need a break from it now.

Zep--

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This game had been in my backlog for some time now, so I installed it yesterday.
Then I uninstalled it 1 hour later.

I don't doubt that the game is good, but I hate games which are focused on survival mechanics, and I realized that this game is mostly about that. Cooking food, cleaning water everyday for every character. Boring.

Installed Disco Elysiuim instead and started my first playthrough.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This game had been in my backlog for some time now, so I installed it yesterday.

I don't doubt that the game is good, but I hate games which are focused on survival mechanics, and I realized that this game is mostly about that. Cooking food, cleaning water everyday for every character. Boring.

what an amazing, enlightening quality post

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

Null sweat you're gonna drop that one too you linearfag.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Null sweat you're gonna drop that one too you linearfag.
How did you come to the "linearfag" conclusion if I may ask?

This look like a bait, but I have no idea what he's trying to fish here.
Newfags. Come on, take the bait, you'll like it.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
No handholding here, you are bombarded with information, names, cities, items (which is not bad if yo have a journal). And you can't be sure that what you have just heared is a quest, or just some chit-chat which has nothing to do with anything. But just in case you have to write it down. Also, everything is discribed so vaguely. I don't want to be spoonfed with these things, but at least give me a fucking journal which lists the things I need to do.
Wholeheartadly agree. This is why I can't get into huge open world RPGs. I don't play shit like Oblivion and Skyrim, I couldn't even finish The Witcher 3 for fucks sake

I will however admit, linearfag is perhaps a very lazy oversimplification.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
No handholding here, you are bombarded with information, names, cities, items (which is not bad if yo have a journal). And you can't be sure that what you have just heared is a quest, or just some chit-chat which has nothing to do with anything. But just in case you have to write it down. Also, everything is discribed so vaguely. I don't want to be spoonfed with these things, but at least give me a fucking journal which lists the things I need to do.
Wholeheartadly agree. This is why I can't get into huge open world RPGs. I don't play shit like Oblivion and Skyrim, I couldn't even finish The Witcher 3 for fucks sake

I said those things, but none of them has anything to do with linearity in games. The first comment was about the lack of a proper journal. The second one was about oversized game worlds without real content.

I have PST and Fallout among my favourite games. You can say many things about me, but I'm definitely not a linearfag.

I demand a proper official apology!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron

I said those things, but none of them has anything to do with linearity in games. The first comment was about the lack of a proper journal. The second one was about oversized game worlds without real content.

I have PST and Fallout among my favourite games. You can say many things about me, but I'm definitely not a linearfag.

I demand a proper official apology!
No

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom