Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Total War: Shogun 2

So will you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • I will wait for reviews

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Trash said:
Overweight Manatee said:
I'm 90% sure the fix I posted earlier for MTW works just as well for STW as well.

I'm almost 100% positive that nothing works. Mind posting the fix again? Can't find anything in search.

First page of the thread. Good luck finding it. :salute:

Raghar said:
You are implying they used the same AI source code for every game. However AI should be made again for every game for the same reasons why each game has different art assets.

:lol:

No sane developer is scrapping their legacy AI code any time soon. AI doesn't 'age' like graphics do.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Oh. Hoped you meant another one since that one does not work for Shogun and in MTW only fixes campaign map CTD's. Guess there really is nothing out there to get the battle maps working as they should. :(

Works in Shogun for me (at least I don't think I added anything else). Haven't played through Medieval recently but it seems to go into campaigns and play skirmishes fine. Shogun did still crash a lot, though, so I'm guessing Medieval would as well.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Random shit : I've been playing Shogun TW recently. Doing alright, I had about conquered 2/3 of the map with Oda, managing my fronts carefully, pumping out the best units with full upgrades. And then - :yeah: - the AI sends one of those creepy woman assassins after my heir, and then after my daimyo, and that's that, game lost, take it faggot. I hadn't bothered to build up ninjas to get rid of those. I didn't figure that the AI would get the upgrades to get them so soon either. Overpowered game breaking shit I guess, but I still like how that ended. Good game man, good game.

bonescraper

That's how you make Collector's Editions in the land of the rising Potato:

20110207100940.jpg

1. Stylish big ass box
2. Teh gaem
3. Seven Samurai Special Edition DVD
4. Geeky T-Shirt
5. Double sided big ass poster
6. Set of playing cards depicting 55 classic Ukyio-E motives
7. Sun Tzu's "Art Of War"
8. Artbook
9. Bonus DLC

Price - 75$

Oh, and here's what the rest of the world gets:
shogun-collectors.png

Price - 107$

CD Projekt delivers once more :smug:

And that's why i pre-ordered the game. If it's going to suck... well i was going to buy "The Art of War" anyway :)

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I already have Art of War that I bought long time ago (in a great, though expensive, edition). Anyway that game's CE is really cool... I don't have enough potato to afford that though so I'll probably stick to a standard edition... but I will try to save up some potatoes from dinners :M

Lyesmith

Liturgist
Fuck, and I just saw this thread and voted no, before looking up last page.

AWSUMMME!

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
God, I've grown to loathe that community. Anyway, read the eurogamer preview. Very cautious article. However combined with a few other previews which mention the same defunct AI and pathfinding problems it starts to look like CA has delivered another textbook TW game. Meaning, shit. The DLC scheme is even more blatant than the one for Empire. Not just unfinished faction unit rosters, no which you have to buy at least two or three DLC for to get them up to standards*. This time they let out an entire faction which you can only play when you buy the DLC. Fuck CA.

*Empire shipped with only the British being a whole playable faction. The rest had a very limited unit roster. CA then released extra unit pack after extra unit pack. All the while skimping on the patches, forgetting about the promised mod tools, claiming the AI was perfect for months untill they suddenly announced they would stop trying to get it right and teasing with a mp patch which also never came. The promised expansion with improved AI, pathfinding and gameplay was then released as a whole new game while having the content of an expansion. Yes, I am butthurt.

Topher

Cipher
I voted that I'd wait for reviews but that just means that I'll wait for reviews and then torrent it. I'm still pissed about the problems with MTW1 and I haven't played any of the games in the series since then.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
FatCat said:
Good news , demo will be available on Steam Feb. 22 and will future piece of campaign not only battle.That means that A.I can be tested before game's release.

http://www.totalwar.com/news/4897

These are good news indeed. Now at least I may try first if it is a piece of shit as Empire and Napoleon were or it's a good game as older TWs.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Will they ever learn? Oh wait, they dont have to, people will buy this anyway and swallow all of the DLCs and expansions too. Fuck I hate living in age of the decline.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Damn. So tempted. Shogun oozes style when it first came out. The sequels, not so much.

spectre

Arcane
Feeling awfully jaded with Total War.Won't prolly bothr to torrent it.
Though I will wait for a more polished build of Ran no Jidai mod for BI.
Current version is allegedly playable, but needs some more spit&shine.

Difera

Educated
Even with its many flaws I think that the TW series still deserve some love from PC gamers, even after years since Creative Assembly was bought by Sega they are still releasing exclusive pc-oriented games* with no talks of consolizing or dumbing down the interface so it can be played on a gamepad.
I tend to look at their games as kind of a flawed gem and have fun with them for what they are. Also, zooming in and seeing a full charge of cavalry trampling down an enemy group kind of rubs me in the right spot...

*Yes, I remember Spartan Total War and some other action game they released, fortunately that didn't stick.

If they would support the modding community instead of being jackasses I'd be much more sympathetic to the above.

Ah, fuck it. I know I'll buy it anyway.

:retarded:

Difera

Educated
not an artichoke said:
Ah, fuck it. I know I'll buy it anyway.

Yeah, I know some people will frown upon it, but I already pre-purchased on Steam, guess I bought it on impulse... :oops:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll not buy it but torrent and play the shit out of it, yes.

Might buy after a year or two, if there are good mods out that require a legit version. Not going to pay full price though, picked up Empire only when it was down to 10 bucks, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom