Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trrany appreciation station

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
At first I didn't remember this guy. How many alts is he on?

I'm not even buying the Calis story (check the User ID) but this is his third or fourth alt account here on the Codex by what I've seen.

And I do recommend playing Wasteland 2 (Director's Cut). In true Codex fashion it brings everything that a Codexer would want (well, maybe not the homosexual crap) and yet most Codexers think that it's shit.

But then again, far too many Codexers think that sex is overrated shit, at best Good For What It Is.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Tim Cain is cool and all but this aint the 90s and I am sure he doesn't have full say over what he does, let alone the whole project.

Anyway, I am always disappointed by various guys that were a part of some game I liked.

I used to go see bands all the time because they had a drummer than was in some other band once, let's say The Who. So I sit through this whole concert and realize, hey I don't like this shit. In fact I don't even like this drummer that much, I really just like The Who. In fact I don't even really like The Who I just like that one song they made a lot, and maybe one or two others. The rest are just OK.

:negative:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I somewhat agree. Everything considered an rpg after Troika was closed due to the retards who think they are rpg fans sucked - besides spiderweb games which are always acceptable or pretty good, besides a bunch of new games like AoD (Instant Classic), Underrail (instant classic), MMX (instant classic), B;ackguards 1 (instant classic), WL2 was an instant classic with the DC edition, D:OS was pretty decent besides the super console EE edition that fixed nothing shitty about the game unlike WL2's DC which fixed everything shitty about the game.

Also, there are a bunch of decent games out there worth playing like Waste Walkers, Voidspire Tactics, Knights of the Chalice, Last Dream, the new X-Com games, Krai Mira, Hammer & Sickle, Swords & Sorcery Underworld, the RoA remake, JA Flashback was pretty good, the Shadowrun MMO is great, the SRR 3 games are all worth playing, PoE had way better combat than the IE games and was a good crpgg for a RTwP game. Aarklash legacy is a masterpiece on how to do RTwP right and actually make it good. Serpents in the Staglands was a good game despite RTwP combat (still way better than the IE game's combat). And there are probably a ton more I am missing or can't think of off the top of my head.

I honestly don't give a shit how a game looks for the most part as long as it isn't ASCII graphics, has a functional PC GUI that works well, and has some depth and complexity. Full party creation is a huge plus, great TB combat is a huge plus. lots of equipment slots a huge plus, non-OP and non-required crafting a huge plus, a detailed, convoluted, and super complex and intricate character creation and development is the biggest plus you can get.

Tyranny looks good graphics wise to me, the chargen has some decent options, and everything else you said seems to be speculation. I also think Tim Cain worked on this game in some capacity which automatically means it isn't shit and should be bought by all crpg fans out of respect for the greatest crpg developer to exist or ever will exist.

I see the problem here: you have incredibly shit tastes.

Spiderweb is all the same game over and over. The first and maybe second geneforge are good though. I never played avernum but the same shit applies there. Mainly people just supported his stuff in hopes he'd some day make a higher budget old school RPG. Instead that fucking faggot took all the money and made cell phone games instead, so fuck him with a hammer. I gave him en total about 200 bucks maybe 250...but seriously fuck that scam artist.

Tyrrany - worst graphics I've ever seen for a nonindie PC game. Utter shit, and everything else about it is as bad or worse. I've seen more professional looking (and sounding!) game mods even for obscure as fuck games.

The chargen shit is not even at dungeon siege one level. So generic, so pointless.

Nu xcom - shit.
JA flashback - utter horrible shit.
Shadowrun - mediocre at best, and that's pushing it.
PoE - anyone who thinks it's not pure shit is complete and utter moron.
Krai Mira - the fuck is that?
Hammer & Sickle - same time as toee it was pretty good but liked SS better.
Swords & Sorcery Underworld - sounds like shit but didn't play
Waste Walkers, Voidspire Tactics - never heard of it
Knights of the Chalice - pretty good not stellar though, probably as good as an indie could be
AoD - Game of thrones writers must have played this game, since people just teleport around like crazy to have coversations :lol:
Blackguards is gay shit
MMX looks like shit
Underrail may be OK but I didn't play yet
WL2 DC which is completely consolized? This alone proves you are a moron
RoA remake - shit
Aarklash legacy is a masterpiece on how to do RTwP right - too bad rtwp is only for mouthbreeding morons

Tim Cain is cool and all but this aint the 90s and I am sure he doesn't have full say over what he does, let alone the whole project.

Graphics mean nothing - how do you not understand this? A game needs to be a good game to be a good game - not a good graphic tech demo. And you barely even play rpgs seeing as how you don't even know the good ones. I am positive now you are a Bethesda and Bioware fanboy, and you probably masturbate to the witcher sex scenes and get KY all over your console remote, you fucking moron.

Whoever gave you news posting privilege to begin with should be fired for poor judgement. Isn't there better websites that more closely suit your console action game taste other than a site that should like and promote real crpgs?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This fetishising of a single developer is really silly. You'd think long time RPG players would know better.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Whoever gave you news posting privilege to begin with should be fired for poor judgement. Isn't there better websites that more closely suit your console action game taste other than a site that should like and promote real crpgs?

What, are you talking to yourself, rtwp faggot? Once you play all the wizardries and gold box games then you can speak to me, pondscum.

Graphics matter and they don't. I don't need much graphics but making halfassed shit or hitting fill button in corel draw shows you don't even take your craft seriously. This is what happens when cell phone shit becomes rampant, all the 'game' 'developers' you can hire are scripters and web art retards who are completely unable to ever hope to make something as high quality as the golden age RPGs.

tormund

Arcane
“There is goodness in blue skies and flowers, but another force—a wild pain and decay—also accompanies everything,” Lynch has said. “There’s this beautiful world and you just look a little bit closer, and it’s all red ants.”

Roqua

Prospernaut

What, are you talking to yourself, rtwp faggot? Once you play all the wizardries and gold box games then you can speak to me, pondscum.

Graphics matter and they don't. I don't need much graphics but making halfassed shit or hitting fill button in corel draw shows you don't even take your craft seriously. This is what happens when cell phone shit becomes rampant, all the 'game' 'developers' you can hire are scripters and web art retards who are completely unable to ever hope to make something as high quality as the golden age RPGs.

Please don't go on about the GB and Wizardry games and then whine about graphics. The GB games, especially, were way behind the times in 88 and 92. Only the Buck Rogers games didn't look like complete shit, just mostly shit. You and your kind of console graphic whores and your console monkey minds that crave super easy mindless combat, pre-defined main and recruitable characters, bikini armor, and plenty of romance and sex scenes have been destroying this genre before Troika even opened their doors before you guys took a shit all over them and their games.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Please don't go on about the GB and Wizardry games and then whine about graphics. The GB games, especially, were way behind the times in 88 and 92. Only the Buck Rogers games didn't look like complete shit, just mostly shit. You and your kind of console graphic whores and your console monkey minds that crave super easy mindless combat, pre-defined main and recruitable characters, bikini armor, and plenty of romance and sex scenes have been destroying this genre before Troika even opened their doors before you guys took a shit all over them and their games.

Artwork in Goldbox games were much more competently done than anything obshitian ever did let alone tranny, you stupid fuck.

045afebade577e8ffb29dfcaf2ed8758.jpg

falls.gif

R00fles!

Roqua

Prospernaut

Artwork in Goldbox games were much more competently done than anything obshitian ever did let alone tranny, you stupid fuck.

falls.gif

R00fles!

I understand, at one point you liked crpgs then made the switch to consoles with Bethesda and Bioware and now non-AAA games that don't spend 200 million on soil erosion is beneath you and shit. We get it. There really is no need to keep having hissy fits. A new AAA "rpg" is coming out any day now that will keep you occupied for a while, and I'm sure Bethesda will have some new dlc for you to buy for "Fallout" 4 when you are done with Dues Ex. The "rpg" has been good to you for 15 years now, and these uppity companies making lower budget games for the PC means less console games for you. But you still get the vast majority of games. Can't you be happy that those of use who still like crpgs get a bone thrown to us every now and then and just leave us alone?

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

falls.gif

R00fles!

I understand, at one point you liked crpgs then made the switch to consoles with Bethesda and Bioware and now non-AAA games that don't spend 200 million on soil erosion is beneath you and shit. We get it. There really is no need to keep having hissy fits. A new AAA "rpg" is coming out any day now that will keep you occupied for a while, and I'm sure Bethesda will have some new dlc for you to buy for "Fallout" 4 when you are done with Dues Ex. The "rpg" has been good to you for 15 years now, and these uppity companies making lower budget games for the PC means less console games for you. But you still get the vast majority of games. Can't you be happy that those of use who still like crpgs get a bone thrown to us every now and then and just leave us alone?

You sound like you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Have you even looked at the images?

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
He might be the dumbest poster here, and that is quite the achievement :lol:

Anyway, I hate all console shit and never play any of it, except a few times just because I am an asshole I will pirate and play just because I want to bash on it.

Daggerfall was the last good game from bethesda, maybe redguard I don't remember now which came first. That weird one in some tower was OK too. Everything past that...pure shit. I played a little of some of them just to be able to make fun of people who like them.

No way I can play dragon aids though...just pure crap. But games like that watching the videos is the same as playing anyway.

Roqua

Prospernaut

falls.gif

R00fles!

You sound like you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Have you even looked at the images?

Yes. Lots of console idiots used to like PC when the PC was the system with the best and best looking games. This changed with the Millennium, and these monkeys made the switch to console and have loved every minute of it, from Kotor and Morrowind, to DAI and Dishonored, metal Gear, Stryder, and other games by monkeys for monkeys. Savages savage it up. That's what they do, as they slowly aim with their little stick things from the caveman times and I easily aim with my ultra scientific space age mouse with pinpoint precision. These are the type of monkeys, like Brother None, that try and get every game announced with TB to have RTwP combat or twitch combat , and have rpg sites post news about Bioshock. Just monkey people with their monkey spewings and caveman systems and playstyle and dearth of taste and sense

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Role Playing Gays, realtime with elves, pedo simulators and cell phone games are mainly what we get now.

Roqua

Prospernaut
I like the way Roqua talks about "true CRPGs" and "Other people having shit taste in games" then mentions PoE and WL2 as good RPGs.

If someone does not like WL2 DC then they really don't like crpgs. Period. That hit all the right notes and included all the necessary systems. The same goes for PoE when it comes to the old IE formula of party recruitment. It is BG with much, much better combat and worse itemization and much better functionality.

It is impossible to claim you like crpgs and dislike either game. I am not a huge fan of PoE (I am of WL2) but there is nothing wrong with it for a RTwP game with recruitable party of talking heads. AD&D was a very rpg-lite rpg mechanics system. This is fact. PoE doesn't have the best chargen or chardev system, but it is light years beyond AD&D if well behind 3.5e. The combat is significantly better and incomparable to any AD&D based game besides Buck Rogers, and is better than any RTwP system I have played besides Aarklash legacy. In my opinion it is a couple notches above the Drakensang games and SitSL.

This is from a function and mechanics point of view. Some people will like the much easier optionless, watch and click combat of the IE games. That is great and all, but one system has choices to make on level up and combat that requires input on the default difficulty and the other does not. Period. No argument.

Lastly, as this retard has pointed out of his own volition he does not even know what the new crpg releases are, never mind having owned and/or played them. This means he does not like crpgs, because it is impossible to be a crpg fan and neither know about the released crpgs nor have played them. Period. No argument. What he does know of is the big megareleases from the mainstream companies that have been pumping out console games for the last 15 years - ergo he is a console gamer. This is simple deduction.

You fucking morons are just like him so of course hate anyone that understands you are console monkey savages and have no opinion worth listening to or understanding.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
I am not a huge fan of PoE

That's good.
PoE may be 'Ok' for a RTwP but i doubt if it's better than Drakensang in terms of story or even combat system.
Your "If you don't like the games i like you don't like CRPGs at all" argument is retarded though.

What he does know of is the big megareleases from the mainstream companies that have been pumping out console games for the last 15 years - ergo he is a console gamer. This is simple deduction.

You fucking morons are just like him so of course hate anyone that understands you are console monkey savages and have no opinion worth listening to or understanding.

Only console i have ever owned was Sega Genesis and i was only playing Mortal Kombat 3 and FIFA 98 on it.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
You just have terrible taste in art direction now due to your liking of this Tranny game's art, imo

I don't get what is wrong with this art style.
Yeah it might look too 'cartoonish' or like comic book but the it matchs the concept of "a world where the evil won"(which is also cartoonish).
BTW art style won't be the worst issue of the Tranny :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom