Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trrany appreciation station

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I am not a huge fan of PoE

That's good.
PoE may be 'Ok' for a RTwP but i doubt if it's better than Drakensang in terms of story or even combat system.
Your "If you don't like the games i like you don't like CRPGs at all" argument is retarded though.

What he does know of is the big megareleases from the mainstream companies that have been pumping out console games for the last 15 years - ergo he is a console gamer. This is simple deduction.

You fucking morons are just like him so of course hate anyone that understands you are console monkey savages and have no opinion worth listening to or understanding.

Only console i have ever owned was Sega Genesis and i was only playing Mortal Kombat 3 and FIFA 98 on it.

No, WL2 hit on all the points of all the classic aspects of a great crpg. It may not be your favorite game, or top 50, but if you do not like it you just plain don't like crpgs. Period. No room for argument. It is the penultimate crpg and misses nothing. Feelings on implimetation or execution of various systems may vary but not the crpgness of the game. This is not an argument or up for discussion. Either you like crpgs, and think WL2 is at least a decent crpg worth buying and playing, or you do not like crpgs and do not like WL2. There is no room for another option in between those.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
To be honest I only played a couple hours. Somehow I just felt underwhelmed though.

Roqua

Prospernaut
To be honest I only played a couple hours. Somehow I just felt underwhelmed though.

Of course. I'm sure you logged 100s of hours on all Bethesda and Bioware games, as well as all the hipster games like stardew valley and Binding of Isaac, as well as Trials in the Sky, Valkyrie Cornicles, all the Final Fantasies, Metal Gear, Dishonored, etc, etc, etc.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
Of course. I'm sure you logged 100s of hours on all Bethesda and Bioware games, as well as all the hipster games like stardew valley and Binding of Isaac, as well as Trials in the Sky, Valkyrie Cornicles, all the Final Fantasies, Metal Gear, Dishonored, etc, etc, etc.

Nope. I already said the last remotely RPG game I really liked were toee and bloodlines.

I finished knight of the chalice. It was pretty good. Sucked to have just 4 characters and tile grafx though, and some shitty encounter design.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Compared to nothing. It just is shit.

Your brain is shit you third world monkey savage. You probably think its shit because post apocalypse America is still better than your shit life in Savagelandia. Now go ask your village shaman to bless your sexual prowess by urinating on your face.

Roqua

Prospernaut

Nope. I already said the last remotely RPG game I really liked were toee and bloodlines.

I finished knight of the chalice. It was pretty good. Sucked to have just 4 characters and tile grafx though, and some shitty encounter design.

What sucked was no skills, no lockpicking or anything, three classes, no multiclass, etc.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
^
Nothing of that sucked more than d20 rules.

What do you mean? Because they are not true DnD or do you hate DnD?

It was turn based and I like DnD so I liked it.

It could have used a lot in the budget department though. So long as that doesn't lead to a bunch of hipster social justice storylines.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
What sucked was no skills, no lockpicking or anything, three classes, no multiclass, etc.

lol

Skills are complete shit, only for faggots. So you can save reload steal some shit in 3 places in fallout for example...totally shit mechanic in practice. And the other skills in DnD are even more worthless. Stuff like that is better in PnP though, thief is one of the best classes in PnP. The only game where being a thief worked well though well was Hero's Quest where they actually spent a lot of time making thieving encounters that took some thought to get through.

It was a long time since I played. I thought they had multiclass but if not then how much work can one guy do? He was pretty amazingly faithful to the rules.

Actually I pretty clearly remember taking several classes for different characters.

Maybe you mean like fighter/thief/MU classes? Well those suck anyway for high levels.

Roqua

Prospernaut
WL2 is pure shit.

D:OS at least had a creative and fun elemental combat mechanic.

Undermined by shit chargen system and a way OP crafting system. You have to look at all the systems as a whole before breaking it down into individual systems. Hopefully these items are being addressed in DOS 2, since they completely dropped the ball with fixing any of the fundamental flaws of the game with the EE version, whereas WL2 actually fixed or addressed every single weak point and flaw in it's DC edition. Plus, the WL2 DC was released to PC owners well before console idiots, unlike with the DOS EE which was released for consoles first and contained only superficial nonsense and nothing of merit or not to make it an actual better game besides fluff for console monkeys.

Don't get me wrong, D:OS is a good game and a must own for any crpg fan, but it has glaring flaws not addressed in the EE and the EE highlighted Console Sven's desire to stop slumming it on filthy PCs and be the next fancy smancy CD Project/Bioware/Bethesda console developer making shit for monkeys and savages. That, and Console Sven's comments about preferring to play his games on the couch with a monkey savage controller for inbred hillbilly lowbrow nincompoops. Would you trust an accountant that prefers to do math with an abacus or a sailor who likes to sail around the world with no guidance other than the north star? Anyone who prefers savageness to civilized space aged technology should be looked down upon at the least and spat upon as SOP.

Halp. Halp. I think I may be retarted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Good points on WL2 and PoE. You just have terrible taste in art direction now due to your liking of this Tranny game's art, imo.

If don't play games for art. I also dislike most fancy graphics games because they waste all the money on graphics instead of making a deep and complex game with challenging combat on normal and good chargen and chardev. I do like the art in this game, but my favorite artists in real life are not popular choices. Even for sculptures I like Rodin's which are not favorites of most. I appreciate the more cartoony art in games with bright color and very sharp and distinct elements such as Wiz8, MMX, DOS, Torchlight 1 and 2, Lionheart, and ToEE are some that come to mind. But my favorite games of old and new usually do not have graphics I like such as WL2, RoA trilogy, Buck Rogers games, AoD, Underrail, Fallout 1 and 2, Darklands, I could go on all day. I do not like photo realistic attempts at graphics. I think they look shitty and age poorly.

Roqua

Prospernaut
If someone does not like WL2 DC then they really don't like crpgs.

You've completely gone off the rails.

Like most idiots whose whole shtick is spouting inconsistent racist blather your mind is too small to neither understand nor like real crpgs, that is why people of your mental capacity love console games and the hottest rpgs like doom, dishonored, and metal gear something or other.

Roqua

Prospernaut
inconsistent racist blather

Just so long as it's consistent

It can't be, since they refuse to have any standards for their race. This leads to inconsistencies. For instance - this fish likes to talk about the Eurowhites as being the greatest and every other race being inferior. Yet, during new years a bunch of malnourished sand people assaulted their women en masse and not one of these superior eurowhites lifted a finger to aid their own women - their mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, girlfriends, friends, strangers, etc. How can a superior race be so emasculated to the point of not even having the very little amount of sack necessary to defend the women they are with or around? They like to ignore this and other proofs I offer showing the lack of superiority of the whites and counter with nigger this and that, I'm their retard word for a cuckold, etc. The real answer is skin color isn't magic and does not control behavior in any way because science is real. There are lots of factors which contribute to the craziness of sand people, the gross emasculation of eurowhites and canadiwhites and a good amount of Ameriwhites, and the utter lack of reason of the non-African based blacks.

Science - it is a real thing. Magic - it is make believe.

Conclusion - I am right as usual.

a mod

Formlery Melanoma
It can't be, since they refuse to have any standards for their race. This leads to inconsistencies. For instance - this fish likes to talk about the Eurowhites as being the greatest and every other race being inferior. Yet, during new years a bunch of malnourished sand people assaulted their women en masse and not one of these superior eurowhites lifted a finger to aid their own women - their mothers, sisters, daughters, wives, girlfriends, friends, strangers, etc. How can a superior race be so emasculated to the point of not even having the very little amount of sack necessary to defend the women they are with or around? They like to ignore this and other proofs I offer showing the lack of superiority of the whites and counter with nigger this and that, I'm their retard word for a cuckold, etc. The real answer is skin color isn't magic and does not control behavior in any way because science is real. There are lots of factors which contribute to the craziness of sand people, the gross emasculation of eurowhites and canadiwhites and a good amount of Ameriwhites, and the utter lack of reason of the non-African based blacks.

Nah your offwhite peabrain just can't understand the concept of principles. Let the lefturd wombyn who let these fuckers in reap what they sow. Maybe after a few rapes they will get on the right side of history ;)

zftI5bt.jpg

Roqua

Prospernaut

Nah your offwhite peabrain just can't understand the concept of principles. Let the lefturd wombyn who let these fuckers in reap what they sow. Maybe after a few rapes they will get on the right side of history ;)

zftI5bt.jpg

Well that adds up - let your mother, sister, daughter, wife, whatever get raped to teach them a lesson they will never forget because it is all womens fault collectively and it has nothing to do with Europeans being emasculated sheep firhgtened of confrontation at all and there are no males involved in the decision making processes in Europe regarding refugees but the males all collectively decided to let the women get raped nice and good while they watched in frightened horror. Sounds rock solid. More magic from geniuses.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What is going on in this thread?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom