Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ultima Ultima VII help

deamento

Scholar
i didn't even notice the EA thing, let me guess, the cult they're in are demon worshippers?

They are some big shots in the "Fellowship", which has indeed a rather sinister side. The way the Fellowship is presented, it's a clear reference to Scientology.
is Scientology the cult that is led by a guy who escaped the assylum and also the cult that mel gibson joined?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You really are 15!
I christen you neo-Lumpy.

Welcome, neo-Lumpy. You only have to stay five years or so and you'll be taken seriously!

deamento

Scholar
Well, it's all spoilers. Here you go.

Batlin left for a place called the "Serpent Isle".
Iolo's wife is missing, and Batlin had something to do with it.
You travel to the island to find Iolo's wife and Batlin.

As to EA:

Something like that.
I have no idea who those characters are, i'll do as Gord suggest and give it a few more hours, if it still doesn't interest me, i'll go to 7-2

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You... don't know who Iolo is? This is your first Ultima game, then? Hmmm...
I wonder what we'd consider the best Ultima to start with.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Newfag, you're being a fag about 'nothing to explore' in U7.

U7 is FULL of secrets. Secret passages, secret treasure, invisible walls, hidden dungeons, hidden history (more of this in U7-pt2 though), it's got a little bit of everything.

deamento

Scholar
Newfag, you're being a fag about 'nothing to explore' in U7.

U7 is FULL of secrets. Secret passages, secret treasure, invisible walls, hidden dungeons, hidden history (more of this in U7-pt2 though), it's got a little bit of everything.
unleash the trolls!

deamento

Scholar
You... don't know who Iolo is? This is your first Ultima game, then? Hmmm...
I wonder what we'd consider the best Ultima to start with.
yup, it's my first ultima game, the only reason i played it is because swen was talking about how awesome it is all the time.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Do yourself a favor on pt2 and don't buy spells, just use the transcribe spell on the scrolls to copy them into your spellbook. Buying them is far too easy.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Mmm, that's not really trolling here on the Codex. Feel free to call others fags at any time; it's what we enjoy about this place.
With how much you like Swen you should just keep trying. You'd have to be dead inside if you can't find something to truly enjoy in Ultima 7-2.

Yes, the combat is terrible, but to be fair, that just means you can focus on what is important: getting to know the land, its inhabitants and cultures and exploring every square inch of it to find its secrets.

deamento

Scholar
Mmm, that's not really trolling here on the Codex. Feel free to call others fags at any time; it's what we enjoy about this place.
With how much you like Swen you should just keep trying. You'd have to be dead inside if you can't find something to truly enjoy in Ultima 7-2.

Yes, the combat is terrible, but to be fair, that just means you can focus on what is important: getting to know the land, its inhabitants and cultures and exploring every square inch of it to find its secrets.
i'm pretty sure i'll enjoy 7-2 but i'm going to give VII another crack first.

deamento

Scholar
You really are 15!
I christen you neo-Lumpy.

Welcome, neo-Lumpy. You only have to stay five years or so and you'll be taken seriously!
thefuck?
Lumpy was a very young poster who stuck around long enough to be old now. I think he may have been 13 or so when he first joined. But he's surely 20 or so now.
i kinda like neo-lumpy.
is he still around? i haven't seen his name

deamento

Scholar
Do yourself a favor on pt2 and don't buy spells, just use the transcribe spell on the scrolls to copy them into your spellbook. Buying them is far too easy.
if the combat is as bad as i've heard, i might aswell buy spells, i don't real care about cheesing the system if the system itself is shit

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Dude, it's not like you'll have time or need to use most spells in combat. I said to do that because spells are one of the few things that can cause 'item-fever' on U7. Not because you'll need them on combat. U7 combat is bad because it's a 'press C to win' affair (except with liches, where it's 'press C but run away with the avatar')

BTW, the expansions of both games trivialize the combat even more. They suck. SUUUUUUUCK.

FUCK YOU GARRIOT

deamento

Scholar
Dude, it's not like you'll have time or need to use most spells in combat. I said to do that because spells are one of the few things that can cause 'item-fever' on U7. Not because you'll need them on combat. U7 combat is bad because it's a 'press C to win' affair (except with liches, where it's 'press C but run away with the avatar')
oh, alright then

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You'd be butthurt too if you knew that wanker just got another two million dollars to create ultima online again, but this time with micro-transactions and without the origin talent.

Unless you're one of them

deamento

Scholar
You'd be butthurt too if you knew that wanker just got another two million dollars to create ultima online again, but this time with micro-transactions.

Unless you're one of them
i play MMOs when i want to watch a movie or a tv-show, i always want to do something and MMOs are so braindead that i can do that and still watch my show

Gord

Arcane
is Scientology the cult that is led by a guy who escaped the assylum and also the cult that mel gibson joined?

No, Gibson is some kind of ultra-orthodox medieval style catholic.

Scientology is the cult that got started by L. Ron Hubbard, a failed Science Fiction author (it shows).

Divinity: Original Sin
Hey, 16474, did you manage to leave trinsic at all? you said you explored just one town... since you start inside a walled town and have to get a password to leave... To be honest, you should play 7, Underworld 2 and then 7 part 2. Underworld 2 is a spinoff, but since it is set just after the ending of ultima 7, it's nice to revisit the characters from part 7.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure, or he can start from U5 Lazarus and U6 Project. Or whatever. Gotta start from somewhere.

I think the problem may be that he's exploring exhaustively, like you would in a Black Isle-style RPG. In games like this, you're not expected to explore literally every inch of the world. It's more like an Elder Scrolls game (and indeed Todd Howard was heavily inspired by U7)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom