Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail [PRE-RELEASE THREAD, GO TO NEW THREAD]

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Complaining about not getting rewarded for killing "mobs" on the Oddity setting in Underrail should be a punishable offense.

Diggfinger

Arcane
Just curious: any1 else running this on a Macbook through Wine?
I managed to get the Alpha up and running using an empty Wrapper created by CLPR on the Underrail Forum (the Lord bless his soul). But I encounter the following bugs when playing:

1. Transition bug
Whenever I transition from one area to another, the game crashes to the main menu (with error message). I then have to load the last autosave to get to where I was going. Happens when I take the elevator, leave/enter an area etc. Not a game stopper but annoying. Especially after scripted transitions (intro etc.) where the game goes black, forcing me to quit.
(know that this issue has been discussed regarding the demo)

2. Sluggish performance
overall, the frame-rate drops to a halt rather often. Especially in combat or when there are many characters on screen (not so much an issue in the starting area)

3. Sound effect stutter
the music plays fine, but sound effects such as opening a barrel etc. "stutter". Also, sound effects for guns are missing

4. Save game failure (minor issue)
Every time I fail I get the message "error! File could not be saved" although it saved just fine

The game runs on Wine v 1.7.4 with the following winetricks:
corefonts
msxml3
dotnet40
xna40
dirac
vcrun2008
directmusic
dsound
wmp10
wsh57
allcodecs
xvid
vcrun6

My specs are: https://support.apple.com/kb/SP584?locale=en_US

Appreciate any tips/random trolling on this issue.

Thanks,
- Digg

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Last edited:

Diggfinger

Arcane
So it seems that Desura has gone bankrupt

For those that have Underrail on Desura, no worries. Styg has provided a steam key for everyone. Go to http://www.desura.com/collection , log in and claim your key.

All I am seeing is an alpha redeem code which did not work in steam, I have long since forgotten what bundle it was a part of.

If you bought it in a bundle, it was Groupees. So your Steam key should be there.

Crap!
I just bought the game two days ago on Desutra…and I would rather staple my dick to burning log than use Steam.

Well, no matter. Just hope I can get the game running properly in Wine...

Diggfinger

Arcane
What is? Irrational fear of useful services?

Useful service?
I just redeemed my Steam key for Underrail…cannot DL *my* game though, because Steam only lets you install/play using their application. And since its a Windows game…

for Mac/Wineskin users GOG is the only way to go.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
On my laptop I dont use steam. If I want to play a steam game with low system reqs i mostly prefer to download a cracked version so that i dont have to worry about not being able to play offline for extended periods, or having steam take resources. on my desktop (still shitty as well) it doesnt matter much, but that laptop -- needs every background process possible eliminated, and every mb of ram free.
my usual solution is the same as its been for music for years -- if its only available from a drm site, buy it there, and later pirate or crack it. if there's no payment option or drm option you can stomach...donate to the dev or artist as payment for pirating, but tell them why and make sure they get their money.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow, I didn't realize I made that post right in the middle of some anti-Steam conversation. Coincidence. Still curious though, is Steam the only option right now? I'm trying to phase it out.

AetherVagrant

Cipher
Patron
so gamergate and gamersgate.com are different -- this clarifies much.

also many courts have upheld your right to download cracked versions of things if you still have proof you actually purchased it. The main thing i hate about going through major retail sites is that even if the 9.99 price is the same for the game or album...depending on the site the dev/artist may only get anywhere from 10-50% of that. So why not pay the content creators directly and skip the skinflints?
speaking of which does Styg have a Patronus. Or Patroneus. or whatever the fuck the new digital equivalent of italian protronage is.

Last edited:

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Wow, I didn't realize I made that post right in the middle of some anti-Steam conversation. Coincidence. Still curious though, is Steam the only option right now? I'm trying to phase it out.

Right now yes, but there is a highly voted GoG petition to bring it over there. I see no reason for it not to be on both; it's only on steam now because of early access.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Right now yes, but there is a highly voted GoG petition to bring it over there. I see no reason for it not to be on both; it's only on steam now because of early access.
Thanks - you'll notice Saduj put a Gamersgate link to a DRM-free version a few posts ago though :) but since there's a push for GOG I think I'll wait as that is currently my preferred platform.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

Thanks - you'll notice Saduj put a Gamersgate link to a DRM-free version a few posts ago though :) but since there's a push for GOG I think I'll wait as that is currently my preferred platform.

I thought gamersgate was just a place you bought steam keys from, my bad.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
What is? Irrational fear of useful services?

Useful service?
I just redeemed my Steam key for Underrail…cannot DL *my* game though, because Steam only lets you install/play using their application. And since its a Windows game…

for Mac/Wineskin users GOG is the only way to go.

You can get stream for Linux too. Are you saying macfaggotry is worse for gaming than Linux?

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Did desura owe you money Styg ? Just curious it's ok if you don't answer.

They still do, but this won't impact the future of the game in any way.

Regarding "DRM-free" version (I prefer term "client-less download", because all Underrail versions are DRM-free). I am confident that once the game is completed, it will be available on GOG.com. However, let me be clear:
For those who do not like using clients or Steam specifically - we do not have client-less alternative to Desura to provide you and no additional keys will be issued to accommodate for this in the future should such platform become available. While I do regret this is the case, this was not a turn of events we anticipated.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You can get stream for Linux too. Are you saying macfaggotry is worse for gaming than Linux?
His problem is that the Mac and Linux clients don't let you download windows only games.

He could run windows client through wine.

Atchodas

Augur
Spent 51 hour in last week playing this game did couple restarts ( that's like 20 hours gone ) until i got myself a character i like, completed one act and did a lot of crafting and exploring ( sadly this included a lot of backtracking to base and running between merchants but i didnt mind that really , it is avoidable if you dont care about stacking those COINS and crafting everything that could be cool ) - the game is amazing !
This game will be something i play in 2015 maybe the only thing i play this year , cant wait for full release , seriously this is reincarnation of fallout ..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom