Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Discussion in 'Underrail' started by Blaine, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Doktor Best Arcane

Doktor Best
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Does she start it from the steam interface? Tell her to go to the folder, look for the .exe and try to start it directly.

^ Top  
  2. HeatEXTEND Educated

HeatEXTEND
    Parrots:
    Eh.

^ Top  
  3. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Parrots:
    Having Companions in Underrail is very much the antithesis of one of the game's central themes: on your own, surviving, a certain aspect of horror and the unknown, and loneliness. You being apart from all others creates incredible levels of tension early on, which continues throughout the game. It's part of the overall atmosphere. The loneliness, the idea of being lost in seemingly endless tunnels, surrounded by death... It creates something that even having the option of companions destroys. Danger around every corner, coming across a settlement that appeared obliterated, with half-eaten corpses and rathounds nearby, having to piece together what may have happened when you see something truly frightening: a garage door jammed open, a dead man, his legs partially devoured as he was dragged through and stuck half-way. All you can do is guess what happened next.

Maybe they became weak because they grew dependent on one another in someway, or emotionally attached. Maybe they became careless. Maybe when that rat hound dragged him through, the door came crashing down on him, and he screamed. Maybe the girl, in her haste, rushed out the front door without thinking, to save him, and at that moment, the monsters came rushing through. Who really knows. All you have is some clues and your thoughts. And in the end, none of it matters. You loot the fallen and take what you can.

• Agree x 5
    • Creative x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. HeatEXTEND Educated

HeatEXTEND
    Parrots:
    ye

^ Top  
  5. Latelistener Learned

Latelistener
    Parrots:
    I don't care about companions, but the combat system is too good to be alone, so it is a huge waste of potential. Big battles are rare, and what is worse, you can't control your allies.

^ Top  
  6. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Parrots:
    The only improvements I want from Underrail are:

1.Implement a run mode outside combat.
    2.Much bigger areas, so you don't have to navigate through a gazillion of small screens to reach your destination.
    3.A lot more shortcuts and transportation means.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Biscotti Educated

Biscotti
    Parrots:
    While I agree with all these points, I'd understand why point two and three just aren't very realistic this late into development, as they would require extensive overhauling. Implementing a run mode, however, seems like such a minor task compared to the profound effect it would have on some of the game's more tedious parts. I seriously hope Styg takes it into consideration if he hasn't already.

^ Top  
  8. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    Parrots:
    A run mode based on a combination of agility and endurance? You can get tired out, and if you do that before a fight, or the more tired you are, the more likely you are to be affected by status ailments.

^ Top  
  9. Make America Great Again Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Parrots:
    Underrail already has enough "waiting for cooldown to wear off" moments.

^ Top  
  10. Lhynn Arcane

Lhynn
    Parrots:
    Thats build dependant im guessing. As an unarmed character those moments were really rare, i mostly only waited for expose weakness in fights against very tough opponents.
    Tho thats a feat that should not have a cooldown, could have been balanced by dealing diminished damage or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Ramnozack Educated

Ramnozack
    Parrots:
    Is this expansion gonna be coming out anytime this century? Seriously does anybody know when this thing is coming out?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. HeatEXTEND Educated

HeatEXTEND
    Parrots:
    Pretty sure it'll be towards the end of the year.

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. YES! Hi, I'm Roqua

YES!
    Parrots:
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they working on the expansion and Underrail 2 at the same time at least? If so, when is 2 expected to come out? By the end of next year I hope and not 2038.

I really wished the devs making really good games somehow learning to make them way, way, way faster. And then even faster. And then even faster than that.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. ciox Educated

ciox
    Parrots:
    I think it's safe to say that guy is going to make another stabber.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)