Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Prototype Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And the music from the official site is awesome 90's glory. :d1p:
How the fuck is that music even remotely 90s? It's orchestral stuff, it doesn't sound even very dungeon like. Even the mid/late 90s PC games that did have orchestral music didn't sound like that.

Sound Blaster Pro

General MIDI or a Roland card could sound pretty damn orchestral. Have a look at Jaesun's Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Jaesun999/videos

Soundtrack version of that music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8l3SCwH-M

TheGreatOne

Arcane
I still don't hear any resemblance between the two. If they want to modernize the outdated music then they should look no further than Thief 1, it had a far better fitting ambient soundtrack.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Over the years I have found UU music preferences pretty interesting. Pretty much universally, people wax nostalgic over the music they played with At the time. Roland, or SbPro. I used the sbpro music that I played with and to this day I find MIDI music in UU pretty much perfect.

I would love for Sanger to be pulled in for music. I asked for this on their forums. Anyone heard anything about who their music folks are?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Greetings!

As promised, here is the art piece that you've been guessing about this past week. It is indeed a lurker. We hope you enjoy, and we look forward to building this game with your help.

Don't forget to spread the word about the Kickstarter launching on Wednesday, February 4th. Also, please stop by the AMA (Ask Me Anything) on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/ at 10AM eastern time to chat with our developers about Underworld old and new.

Cave-Low-Cieling-SM.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
How does that reddit AMA work? Can Codex prepare a set of monocle questions for the devs and ask them, like a mini interview?

We can try, but if we dump a whole bunch of questions on them at once, they might not answer all of them. There will be other people there they have to attend to.

How does that reddit AMA work? Can Codex prepare a set of monocle questions for the devs and ask them, like a mini interview?

We can try, but if we dump a whole bunch of questions on them at once, they might not answer all of them. There will be other people there they have to attend to.

Well we should be clever and intelligently pace the questions, not dump them all at once, if anyone is willing to do that... I don't think there will be a lot of interest on reddit for this game, so we might get lucky. Well as far as I saw the threads about the game haven't been well commented, it's not very known.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Well we should be clever and intelligently pace the questions, not dump them all at once, if anyone is willing to do that... I don't think there will be a lot of interest on reddit for this game, so we might get lucky. Well as far as I saw the threads about the game haven't been well commented, it's not very known.

Well, feel free to organize something if you want. I'm not too worried about this since we're sending mindx2 over to meet them in person.

Last edited:

Well, feel free to organize something if you want. I'm not too worried about this since we're sending mindx2 over to meet them in person anyway.

Oh, when did that happen? When will he come back with a report? Will it be detailed?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh, when did that happen? When will he come back with a report? Will it be detailed?

That's for him to decide!

I don't know how much point there is in gathering questions now anyway. We'll have much more to ask about once we see the Kickstarter pitch.

That's for him to decide!

I don't know how much point there is in gathering questions now anyway. We'll have much more to ask about once we see the Kickstarter pitch.

Also mindx2 you should "steer" them in the right direction as much as you can... :smug:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also mindx2 you should "steer" them in the right direction as much as you can... :smug:

... but, of course old chap... :obviously:
but of course.jpg

Once the KS gets underway (and we even have more info) I'll start a thread asking for any and all questions our esteemed members have then whittle that down to a manageable number... (and edit out the obvious crap questions). Then it's up to our crack team of moderators to setup a time for me to meet them and continue on with the glory of our Prestigious Magazine/Forum... :salute:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Looks like the Ultima fan army is all over this. There's a wiki now: http://ultimacodex.com/2015/02/underwiki-the-underworld-ascendant-wiki/

UnderWiki: The Underworld Ascendant Wiki
BY WTF DRAGON · FEBRUARY 3, 2015

Thanks to the tireless efforts of Browncoat Jayson, Fenyx4, and Violation (from SotAWiki), the Ultima Codex is proud to announce the creation of UnderWiki, the Underworld Ascendant wiki!

Granted, not much information about Underworld Ascendant has been released as yet, soUnderWiki is sparsely populated at present. That said, there is still the start of a Bestiary page (with an entry for the Lurker, even), a page listing the developers known to be working on the game, and an analysis of the #IAmTheAvatar hashtag.

I have a feeling that, starting tomorrow, UnderWiki is going to accumulate content rather rapidly. And let me just add that I’m all but floored by the speed at which Browncoat and Fenyx, in particular, were able to work: the UnderWiki domain name didn’t even exist as of two days ago, and they’ve managed to build a fully-functional wiki since then.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Have to hope they smash their goals because if we have learned anything in the past couple of years, 1M is well short of the mark unless they already have other sources. Also, I would want to see a quality addition or no addition at all. They'll have my moneys that is for sure.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Have to hope they smash their goals because if we have learned anything in the past couple of years, 1M is well short of the mark unless they already have other sources. Also, I would want to see a quality addition or no addition at all. They'll have my moneys that is for sure.
Pretty obvious they have another source of funding since they're expecting to hit 1 million after stretch goals.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yes, in three and half hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom