Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline United Front Games are dead (Sleeping Dogs devs)

orcinator

Liturgist
Also, Sleeping Dongs has one of the most boring driving models ever conceived.
It was a clean, arcade driving modell, like the early GTAs, which is a lot better than the jellyfish modell of GTA4.

That's just your shit taste talking. Driving models in GTA IV and V are infinitely more fun than crap like in Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs or Saints Row.
I respect your opinion. I can't argue about what do you find fun.

You'd have to be pretty delusional to think something where you can't even flip your car over and has an absolutely awful camera is better than what you get in those other games.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, Sleeping Dongs has one of the most boring driving models ever conceived.
It was a clean, arcade driving modell, like the early GTAs, which is a lot better than the jellyfish modell of GTA4.

That's just your shit taste talking. Driving models in GTA IV and V are infinitely more fun than crap like in Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs or Saints Row.
I respect your opinion. I can't argue about what do you find fun.

You'd have to be pretty delusional to think something where you can't even flip your car over and has an absolutely awful camera is better than what you get in those other games.
I respect your opinion, but you are wrong.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Ah, I thought it was published by SE. That makes for quite a problem. It will be interesting to see how they handle it, considering they likely won't have the assets and capital to refund buyers.
They will handle it by not refunding anything most likely. If they're bankrupt it would be illegal to issue refunds since any money they have belongs to the creditors, and early access buyers are way way down on the priority list.

If steam is holding any money that hasn't been paid out they might use that to refund recent buyers, but I suspect the court will rule that money is also part of the bankruptcy proceedings.

Steam might end up using their own money to refund, to maintain the steam stores good reputation.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Sleeping Dogs felt incredibly uninspired and had bad, unresponsive controls. Running was like GTAIV in slow motion and combat was like a Batman game with severe input lag.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sleeping Dogs felt incredibly uninspired and had bad, unresponsive controls. Running was like GTAIV in slow motion and combat was like a Batman game with severe input lag.
You are wrong. Why are you always wrong? Aren't you fed up by being wrong?

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I uninstalled it after I tried to run up a staircase with railings on both sides. The character ran into one railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the D key to move right and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the D key to move right and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the D key to move right and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the D key to move right and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I fucking never went back.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I uninstalled it after I tried to run up a staircase with railings on both sides. The character ran into one railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the D key to move right and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the D key to move right and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the D key to move right and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the D key to move right and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I tapped the A key to move left and proceed up the stairs. Instead, he ran into the other railing, so I fucking never went back.
And all you needed to do is to play with a controller instead of a keyboard since third person brawling games are meant to be played with that.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Really? Somehow I don't think using a wireless controller would help deal with the pathetic input lag the game suffered from.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom