Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unkillable Cat's Unpatriotic CCP Mockery Thread (aka WoD got cancelled)

Drakron

Arcane
Jesus, so most EVE players are retarded cunts in real life too

No you fucktard, humans are horrible creatures and this we create laws so we dont collapse into a free-for-all machete gangrape by saying what is allowed and what is not, like fucking your sister you sick fuck.

EVE is what happens when the authorities dont keep the law of acceptable behavior, you get sociopaths running amok and this why the monument was vandalized by a player because they not only ignored such type of behavior they encouraged so its no wonder someone would forget on a EVE event that is a line of what is acceptable behavior and what is not and since EVE have no enforcement this happened because they forgot because a MMO is still human interaction and since CCP doesnt discourage those type of behaviors what happens when you get a bunch of EVE players in the same room? they will forget they arent online and suddely that asshat that pissed you off and have a ugly mug is right in reach of your fist ...

This year I witnessed as 6 guys jumped on top of a seventh and pounded on him until the bouncers threw everyone out. The last guy had a bloody face from various cuts across his face. Later I heard that a similar incident occurred at another bar the same night. There's no chance in hell that the authorities will permit CCP to have another pubcrawl next year after this.

The days of CCP Games are coming to an end. The rats that are still on the ship are just drinking themselves stupid and watching their world burn from under them.
Jesus, so most EVE players are retarded cunts in real life too?Man, I totally not expected that. :lol: What people fucking do for a pat in the back and someone else say they "won".:roll:
Really, I would have been much more surprised if there were no violence involved. EVE has been moving towards being Psychopaths Online for a long time now (really, that e-stalking thing involving IIRC Goonswarm already showed what kind of fucked up mentality reigns in the game).

I'm just amazed that it didn't take 20 of them, with one guy dividing them into groups and giving orders like 'Group A focus on maximising damage, B control the crowd, C engage the bouncers', while the rest of them just blindly mash their arms and legs in accordance with his instructions.

:yeah:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Reminds me of the time when the Counter-Strike clan went paintballing, and you saw (slightly) overweight neckbeards bunnyhopping all over the firing range... :facepalm:

But now, a somewhat positive spin on CCP shenanigans. EVE Online turned 11 years old last week, and CCP gave away a new type of Drone to all the players, a Super-Drone if you would. Then they held a silly competition where players were supposed to engage in certain activities to try to earn more of these drones. Needless to say, the builders of stuff in EVE helped the playerbase earn more Gecko drones, while the Destroyers of EVE... didn't. So 7 Gecko Drones for every EVE account, yay.

Then someone had the bright idea to look at the model for the Gecko drone...

ED.JPG

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It's really hard for me to explain things. I never heard of CCP until I became involved in DUST 514. A free FPS that looked like a solid game. I really enjoyed being able to be a part of this from the ground up as a beta player and all. Sure the game had its faults, but they were being fixed and with the players help, my help, we shaped it into something solid. I felt like I was part of a strange family, sure a digital one, but family.

Then I hear about this Fanfest and CCP really pushing DUST players to come up to Iceland and enjoy the party on top of the world. A party with the rest of the family and to meet EVE players as well as other DUST players. I am a family man and really wanted my family to experience the CCP and EVE family. We flew up here to join in on the Fanfest activities. My wife and little boy. Hopefully will try to get him another sibling to pick on later this year! (still trying)

At first things were great. It was interesting to walk around and introduce yourself as a DUST only player and everyone was so friendly. I meet a ton of people. Things were great. Finally, after all the other stuff we get to the DUST presentation. For a moment I felt special. This was a presentation about me and the rest of my friends who play DUST. A presentation for us and to become closer to the rest of this family here at CCP and with EVE. Everyone around me knew I was a DUST only player it seemed.

Never in all my life have I been this utterly embarrassed to be somewhere. To really feel executed on the spot and all eyes on you. I felt like the biggest fool in the universe. My wife just covered her mouth and looked at me with pity. It felt as if everyone was looking at me for a reaction.

Every single moment after that it seemed like my family and I had leprosy. People steered clear and ended conversations as fast as possible and vanished. I just don't know how else to explain it. I have never in all my life felt this betrayed and publicly humiliated.

I wish I never came up here.

That's just painful to read. Whomever thought this was a good idea at CCP clearly shouldn't do anything but clean toilets there.

ZAy053K.png

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
True.dat

On a related note, CCP has already opened up sales for next year's Fanfest, which will coincide with the total eclipse that will cruise by Iceland on March 20th 2015.

A few comments:

Is there a special offer for people who play games they will find out are being abandoned at the fanfest keynote?
Yeah - you're allowed to scratch your own name off the monument

set

Cipher
Eh, I wasn't impressed by the leaked alpha stuff. The disciplines were all shallowly implemented, besides maybe Thousand-Faces, but I doubt they could have pulled that off right.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Remember what I said about "rats fleeing a sinking ship" earlier in the thread? The latest addition is their economist, who's been appointed for a high-ranking position at an Icelandic university.

set

Cipher
Eh, I dunno. CCP can easily restructure -- they have a profitable game. The people who play EVE hardcore like won't leave so quickly even if updates slow as CCP cuts the fat off its employee base.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If they axed jobs and ditched the project they sunk money into then getting money back by licensing WoD is a logical next step.
Can you possibly see a scenario where they license it out to someone who will make anything worth a shit?

Well, it possible because vampires are hot right now; that's incentive not to sit on the license. On the same hand, vampires are hot right now. So, consoles...

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
If they axed jobs and ditched the project they sunk money into then getting money back by licensing WoD is a logical next step.
Can you possibly see a scenario where they license it out to someone who will make anything worth a shit?

Well, it possible because vampires are hot right now; that's incentive not to sit on the license. On the same hand, vampires are hot right now. So, consoles...

Are vampire still universally hot, though? They were during the Twilight movie craze but I don't really much of that left anymore. True Blood isn't exactly picking up the torch.

Are vampire still universally hot, though? They were during the Twilight movie craze but I don't really much of that left anymore. True Blood isn't exactly picking up the torch.

Plus WoD was always more Anne Rice than Twilight. Well, it spans a whole bunch of vampire stereotypes, but the emphasis on histories, clans and politicking seemed drawn from Interview with the Vampire / The Vampire Lestat.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Well, no. But hotter than they'll be in whatever years. Really disappointing the Kickstarter craze didn't come soon enough for us to squeeze another Bloodlines out of the Twilight phase.

set

Cipher
Plenty of kickstarters have ridden the VTMB bandwagon - claiming to be inspired by or have former designers from that game.

We'll never have a "perfect storm" for another moody Vampire game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
You know how EVE Online has a test server that you can log into and test upcoming changes, a sort of player-based QA for the game?

Well...

Tried to test out these ships today on the test server.

Waste of fucking time. The main beacon always has blap dreads and the occasional buffer fit Vindicators with triage. Anyone who shows their face with a super capital to remove that faggotry is immediately destroyed by a group called Zero Fun Allowed with their super fleet. Even going to other beacons doesn't help. In a brawl against another battle cruiser? Be ready for a dozen super carriers to land on your face anyways.

They even have a test server kill board. Turns out they are mainly very angry players who are butt mad about balancing changes to their favorite ships or something. Flat out told me it was people like me who forced them to quit Tranquility. So now they spend all their time on the test server making sure no one can actually test anything.

It gets worse actually; theres people/corps that actually live and play on sisi. They farm plexes&missions, build stuff, have poses, the whole shebang.

And what are these players so butthurt about: Changes that were made to the game OVER 6 YEARS AGO. They're such pussies that they live on the test server instead of the main server.

And CCP, as usual, does nothing.

What a bunch of fucking faggots.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
What a coincidence, as CCP just announced that 49 people are being laid off today, including 27 at the home office in Reykjavík.

The CEO claims that most of the layoff are from the marketing department, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Now to find out how many people got axed that I know...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom