Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Unresponsive Script on FireFox

Andhaira

Arcane
Same here, happening since yesterday. Freezes up my laptop a bit when it happens, then the firefox pop up comes telling me about the script and asking me what to do.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
VigLink works for Patrons too since it's not advertising. I've contacted them so we'll see what they say.

Weasel
Mine too. I tend to use an old laptop to browse the Dex so I can leave ads unblocked, the lag on the site has been terrible for a day or so.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
maxresdefault.jpg

TALUNTAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Codex has been lagging for me on Chrome. I assume that's related to this?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Their support just got back to me with the suggestion to put up their new code, which should improve things. I'll edit this post once it's in and we'll see.

Edit: ok, new code's in. Ctrl+F5 and let me know if it's still lagging.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The site's nearly unusable due to constant freezes on my crappy Android phone :(

Must be related to this thing you're talking about as it only began this week.

Now to check if it's somehow possible to block that POS script on mobile Opera...

Weasel
I'd also say it's slightly better now - but still lagging and not back to how it was a couple of days ago

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Like Zorba said: slightly better, the lag duration might be shorter and less frequent - but it still exists.

Fist these adprovider-fuckers really hard, so they get their new shitscripts out of their heads. Fucking shitscriptkiddies...

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
do
For t = 1 to 1 BILLION HA HA HA
do VigLink
Next T Motherfuckers
repeat LULZ

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still laggy. It's weird, when I make a post, the fade-in animation as it appears freezes in the middle for half a second.

Angthoron

Arcane
Still laggy as well, random freeze-ups when tabbing into the browser on main forum page.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Yea, still waiting on VigLink. They probably had someone look at the Codex and are still recovering from the shock.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Yea, still waiting on VigLink. They probably had someone look at the Codex and are still recovering from the shock.

You made them gaze into the abyss? GOOD GOD MAN, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom