Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampyr - vampire action-RPG from Life Is Strange devs

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
No, you're saying just because the engine and the tires are what makes the car run that means that a car doesn't need any design, color and: driver.
I like my lighter analogy more since that's how important all the bulshit "stoooreyh" "characterz" and "atmuhsphere" are for RPG's.
You do know that this is a forum for RPGs right? Just checking..
Last time I've checked majority of actually good RPG's had story that could fit on 2 A4 pages.

So many male experts on feminism here. Gotta ring them feminsit NGOs; coming here, they might learn a thing or two.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
---------------------------------------------
|---------------
P-L-E-A-S-E-----------------|
|-------------------------------------------|
|----------
D-O----N-O-T----F-E-E-D----------|
|-------------------------------------------|
|----------------
S-H-E-E-P------------------|
---------------------------------------------
objection.jpg

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Oh come on, he's doing the best he can. I admire that, even tough I want to defenestrate him for insulting VTM:B.
Yeah, that evil Llama-Yak Hybrid, dislikes unfinished, poor action game with hawt edgy vampire waifus.

Given that this "unfinished, poor action game with hawt edgy vampire waifus" got such a huge cult following and is considered one of the best RPG's of all time, I really think you're trying too hard to be an edgelord.

:edgy:

Still - it's your opinion fam, and I respect it.

Llama-Yak Hybrid

Wild Sheep
Dumbfuck
Obshition, Ass Deffect and Dragon Gay also have huge cult following and are considered to be one of the best RPG's of all time by random retards on internet forums.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Accompanying text:

May 24, 2016

Vampyr images depict the protagonist's duality: can you be both a savior and a monster?

Vampyr, the new action-RPG from acclaimed game-development studio DontNod, releases new images today depicting the duality of the central character. Set in London, 1918, Vampyr promises to offer a unique and deeply immersive experience, and a strong and engaging narrative steeped in vampire mythology.

In Vampyr, players take control of Dr. Jonathan Reid, a newly formed vampire who is torn between the Hippocratic Oath he swore as a doctor, and the bloodthirsty need to kill due to the monster within. While London suffers from the Spanish Flu pandemic, your first reflex as a doctor would be to help and heal people... but it will be impossible for you to ignore your inner, violent, nature of Vampyr - first and foremost, you are a lethal predator.

As a Vampyr, you have to accept your need to sacrifice people to survive. Feeding on people will be the basis of your character progression, as it will allow you to learn supernatural Vampyr powers and talents that will be useful in persuasion, locomotion, survivability, and combat. So the dilemma that's offered to you isn't "should I kill people?" but more "who will I kill"? And this decision won't be without consequences. Killing one person will create a rippling effect on London's ecosystem and you will have to live with both the repercussions and their death on your conscience. Decide to feed on a renowned doctor from the city hospital, and progressively see the health condition of the patients drop.

Every life saved and every life taken by Reid will have deadly ramifications to London and the people around it. When Vampyr releases in 2017, players will be asked: how far are you ready to go?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Accompanying text:

May 24, 2016

Vampyr images depict the protagonist's duality: can you be both a savior and a monster?

Vampyr, the new action-RPG from acclaimed game-development studio DontNod, releases new images today depicting the duality of the central character. Set in London, 1918, Vampyr promises to offer a unique and deeply immersive experience, and a strong and engaging narrative steeped in vampire mythology.

In Vampyr, players take control of Dr. Jonathan Reid, a newly formed vampire who is torn between the Hippocratic Oath he swore as a doctor, and the bloodthirsty need to kill due to the monster within. While London suffers from the Spanish Flu pandemic, your first reflex as a doctor would be to help and heal people... but it will be impossible for you to ignore your inner, violent, nature of Vampyr - first and foremost, you are a lethal predator.

As a Vampyr, you have to accept your need to sacrifice people to survive. Feeding on people will be the basis of your character progression, as it will allow you to learn supernatural Vampyr powers and talents that will be useful in persuasion, locomotion, survivability, and combat. So the dilemma that's offered to you isn't "should I kill people?" but more "who will I kill"? And this decision won't be without consequences. Killing one person will create a rippling effect on London's ecosystem and you will have to live with both the repercussions and their death on your conscience. Decide to feed on a renowned doctor from the city hospital, and progressively see the health condition of the patients drop.

Every life saved and every life taken by Reid will have deadly ramifications to London and the people around it. When Vampyr releases in 2017, players will be asked: how far are you ready to go?
Sounds like lots of railroaded choices. I am pretty sure in 1918 London you could kill 1000 random commoners through the city and make no dent on it functioning. Unless your vampire powers depend on who you feed from.
I can bet the streets will be eerily empty of commoners :D

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
dontrod has always been good at storytelling and worldbuilding (life is strage HS drama aside, remember me has pretty good story and solid, memorable setting). i am more worried about the mechanics. remember me has pretty generic gameplay and uninspired combat/mechanics

Aenra

Even today, there are areas of London that are extremely poorly lit. At the time of the setting, i can assure you that sans a lamp, you wouldn't be able to see shit if out and at night. Lamps which by the way did and do not light the entire surrounding area for your convenience :)
I see nothing in those pics that rings early 1900s London, i definitely see nothing in those pics (stylistically) that has gothic undertones. Gothic as in genre-wise.

Are you all fucking retarded, happy because today/next-gen graphics, or are you just completing the forum-posting daily quest?
Zombra it's hard, i know, but realism is one thing..fidelity and comprehension of the artistic direction required is quite another.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Accompanying text:

May 24, 2016

A set character?

Well there goes my hopes of making a Transylvanian countess in full period dress to stalk the night and reenact Carmilla with.

My dreams of a vampire sim remain just dreams.
:negative:

---

Arcane
Life is Strange was really good.
Of course half (or more) of the people in this thread probably didn't neither play it, so who cares? :1up:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom