Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ok, that's interesting. Kind of like Red Faction GTA was done.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
The game turned out to be the worst kind of Inqisition game: pure combat with cover and AWESUM BUTTUN mashing. I hoped it would be a game about Inqusitor assembling his retinue, discovering plots and maneuvering Imperial politics and intrigues. Instead I got a Diablo. Fuck this.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The game turned out to be the worst kind of Inqisition game: pure combat with cover and AWESUM BUTTUN mashing. I hoped it would be a game about Inqusitor assembling his retinue, discovering plots and maneuvering Imperial politics and intrigues. Instead I got a Diablo. Fuck this.

That's true, but is was quite clear from the beginning, that it would be a game in the vein of Van Helsing.

But the environments look fantastic - I'll probably get it just for those, because neither the ARPG nor the MMO part really interest me.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter

True enough, but the spirit of 40K is strong in this one. I will play it once and then probably forget about it, but I will play it none the less.

Nael

Arcane
Got some updates yesterday on the website (http://www.neocoregames.com/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr/#) Is it just me or does it seem like they are biting off more than they can chew? The concepts they are offering seem to be ambitious to say the least... Persistent world, completely destructible environments, player strongholds that serve as focus for "indirect PVP encounters." The list goes on, but if they can pull it off... Holy shit, dis gon b gud.

Xathrodox86

Arbiter
Got some updates yesterday on the website (http://www.neocoregames.com/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr/#) Is it just me or does it seem like they are biting off more than they can chew? The concepts they are offering seem to be ambitious to say the least... Persistent world, completely destructible environments, player strongholds that serve as focus for "indirect PVP encounters." The list goes on, but if they can pull it off... Holy shit, dis gon b gud.

If they'll manage to do this, then 2016 will truly be a year of Warhammer.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well they proved themselves with King Arthur (although KA 2 was meh), and the Van Helsing games were at least competent. I silently hope that they can pull this off.

Nael

Arcane
Maybe the worst combat I've ever seen in a Diablo clone. Holy fuck... to say that the animations and combat look wooden and dull is a vast understatement. If that's a pre-alpha I probably would have waited before dropping that turd on the world.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Are random missions and all only playable online or will there be an offline component to it as well?

Ebonsword

Arcane
Maybe the worst combat I've ever seen in a Diablo clone. Holy fuck... to say that the animations and combat look wooden and dull is a vast understatement. If that's a pre-alpha I probably would have waited before dropping that turd on the world.

Agreed. I don't think 60 seconds of gameplay footage has ever changed my opinion of a game so utterly.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Is it too much to ask for a good 40k action game?
Space Marine. :M
yqxqjx.jpg

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Van Helsing was solid fun. This will probably be solid fun. Just don't expect the world...

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
NEW WARHAMMER 40,000: INQUISITOR – MARTYR TRAILER BRINGS BLOOD AND GORE

Check out the Game in Person at Gamescom 2016

Budapest, Hungary – August 11, 2016 – Things are getting gruesome in Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr. NeocoreGames’ latest trailer released today is all about the endless blood and gore players will encounter in the upcoming tactically fun Action RPG.

Download the blood and gore inquisitorial log HERE: spaces.hightail.com/receive/3ehQq

Watch the blood and gore inquisitorial log HERE: www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS0OtG1tZZQ

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr is the first Action RPG that puts players in the middle of the never-ending war of the violent 41st millennium. In order to evoke the authentic atmosphere of the unforgiving universe, the game features a brutal combat system where players can vaporize, explode and dismember their enemies by doing spectacular finishing moves and using the destructible environment against them.

NeocoreGames will be at Gamescom this year. If you are interested in booking an appointment, please email Danitra Alomia (danitra@reverbinc.com).

For more information on blood and gore in Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr check out this blog post.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Just because Bubbles is too lazy to embed the video :D

And now, book an appointment, Bubbles. You liked SCL, so this can't be that bad.

The environments are still great, but the gameplay looks a bit meh.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Still looks boring af.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom